Strategy 2022 Midpricers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cogs - Berry- daylight.
maybe i have missed some.

Very much agree. They are the only 2 worth a serious look (Cogs a must pick for me). (Edit - and Rowell is worth consideration)

I think the tricker q for the mids is choosing between the rookies and 2nd year players in the 150-230k range. Historically players in this price range are often overrated as picks. But some of them will go well and if you can work out who then you have a great chance to win the thing.

I spent all pre season trying to talk peeps out of Caldwell last year.
He has score 75+ once in his career. For an all time high of 84.
He has had injuries every year so far.
Berry on the other hand.
View attachment 1316426
16 x 100 scores.
Caldwell looks a player but I agree that he won't get a role conducive to high scoring. I think he will improve substantially but between the two, Berry has the scoring history. I don't think Berry will play on ball enough to average 95 like he has before but is still likely the better option. My guess is Berry will average 5-10 more

Caldwell looks a player but I agree that he won't get a role conducive to high scoring. I think he will improve substantially but between the two, Berry has the scoring history. I don't think Berry will play on ball enough to average 95 like he has before but is still likely the better option. My guess is Berry will average 5-10 more
I reckon if he averages 60 and plays 22 games the bombers would be really happy with his output.

Anyone wanna give me a top 10 of midfielders in the $250,000 - $400,000 price range?

I've got my eye on a couple but so easily talk myself out of them

I'll give it a crack.

1. Lipinski - Should be a starting midfielder at Collingwood, previously low 80s average with 40% cbas a few years back. Learnt from the best stat sheet stuffers in the league.

2. Shiel - Impressing in preseason, 7 years straight of 89+ before injury in R2. Don't know what his mid minutes look like though.

3. Hewett - Defender/Mid, high contested rate %. Last 3 games at Sydney were 100+, cbas fluctuated in the second half of the year. See where Voss wants him to play, could be given the odd tag job.

4. Rowell - Unsure if he regains his confidence but looking at a full preseason finally after two years.

5. Berry - Looks fit. Played wing in match sim, dodgy role for SC but there is scoring history. Was just as bad as Rowell last year.

6. Nash - Fwd/Mid. Mitchell likely wants to persist with him in the midfield, big body contested ball winner but poor by foot.

7. Shoenberg - Should be played midfield a fair bit, although Crouch coming back into rotation might hurt a tad. Has kept improving since he started, hasnt shown consistency yet though.

8. Gresham Fwd/Mid - Training forward and still in rehab group, so a pass for now but probably moves into the mids at some point.

9. Powell Fwd/Mid - Looks like a gun and knows where to find the pill, unsure on his fitness with groin issues last year

10. Caldwell - No hamstrings but looks good when he plays.

I'll give it a crack.

1. Lipinski - Should be a starting midfielder at Collingwood, previously low 80s average with 40% cbas a few years back. Learnt from the best stat sheet stuffers in the league.

2. Shiel - Impressing in preseason, 7 years straight of 89+ before injury in R2. Don't know what his mid minutes look like though.

3. Hewett - Defender/Mid, high contested rate %. Last 3 games at Sydney were 100+, cbas fluctuated in the second half of the year. See where Voss wants him to play, could be given the odd tag job.

4. Rowell - Unsure if he regains his confidence but looking at a full preseason finally after two years.

5. Berry - Looks fit. Played wing in match sim, dodgy role for SC but there is scoring history. Was just as bad as Rowell last year.

6. Nash - Fwd/Mid. Mitchell likely wants to persist with him in the midfield, big body contested ball winner but poor by foot.

7. Shoenberg - Should be played midfield a fair bit, although Crouch coming back into rotation might hurt a tad. Has kept improving since he started, hasnt shown consistency yet though.

8. Gresham Fwd/Mid - Training forward and still in rehab group, so a pass for now but probably moves into the mids at some point.

9. Powell Fwd/Mid - Looks like a gun and knows where to find the pill, unsure on his fitness with groin issues last year

10. Caldwell - No hamstrings but looks good when he plays.
Good list, none of them really appeal although I'd like to pick Rowell.

Hewett probably the best option depending on role. Doesn't he tend to score quite well when tagging?

So far my midpricers are Daniel Rioli, Will Day, Trent Dumont, Harry Schoenberg, LDU, Jordan De Goey, & Cam Rayner. Would like to know if there's any training information about them. All except Schoenberg should improve.

Will Day being talked about for some time on the wing. Interesting to see how they develop him in coming years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Caldwell is fit leading into round 1, I'll probably take him.

Taking a massive risk on his hammies but there is a 100+ player there if he can stay on the park.

“Rowell was ultra-impressive on-ball, clean with his hands and showing a burst of power he lacked in the second half of 2021 after returning from knee surgery.”
Good to see
The kids not even 21 so would’ve been a tragedy if injury derailed us and him of being the player promised in those early games.
Not gonna pick him but it’s a fun selection this year. Reminds me of Neale the way he plays and reckon that’s the comparison going forward

Cool, will keep an eye on him during PS.

Dumont is the other I'm watching. Awful price though.
If Dumont gets to play inside mid he may replicate his 2020 average.
He was always a bit sloppy with his disposal at north. He got pushed out to a wing as he has an excellent tank.
I wouldn't go there personally.

anyone want a Cockatoo

Animated GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back