Strategy 2022 Midpricers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specifically looking for MID only midpricers.

I had Ziebell, Impey and Daniher last year.

Didn't like Ziebell, but ownership was too high to bet against.

Was one of Impey's biggest fans in PS, was always picking him.
Oh right, fair enough. Who you thinking this year? Rowell or Berry? They are the only ones worth considering for me, and Berry's almost rookie priced.

Can anyone who typically runs a MPM tell me how many mid only midpricers have worked out for them before? I have always avoided them in the middle, opting to pick them in the D/F lines if I take any at all, so don't have a great recollection.

I remember picking Libba in 2016, went alright before getting injured at the end of the year.
Libba again in 2019, however I didn't start him, I traded him in after round 2, he got to just under 500k (+193k) by round 5 but then went downhill and got injured again.

I missed Oliver in his second season.

Other than that, none spring to mind.
How much was Brad Crouch in 2019? He ended up staying as my M8 and my highest ever finish.

Oh right, fair enough. Who you thinking this year? Rowell or Berry? They are the only ones worth considering for me, and Berry's almost rookie priced.

Rowell.

I hate the pick, no doubt he's gonna be a mainstay in the future, just goes against almost everything I take into account when selecting players.

Disgusting price, significant injury history already, can't confidently pick a bloke that has such a small sample size, especially when the ceiling part of that is from the Coronaball season.

But owned by a third of the comp, probably more by first lockout, and there looks to be plenty of bailout options, so I can't see it being a total disaster, would be able to flip him to any line with current DPP swings.

After his score in that first praccy match it looks like he's been gifted a golden ticket, he played ok, but a 40+ differential in his DT/SC ratio is absurd.

I know better than to go against CD and then melt each week over his scoring, you just have to pick the favourites.

yeah he's a fascinating pick, last year he was basically 50 every week with 2 positive outliers of 94 and 101 but with scores of 12, 26, 30.

Has his game and role changed enough to push the average around 70-75 but with less of variation.
I had him last year obviously he started off cheaper. Is he still a good pick, Ive got my team sorted but i told my mate it was a s**t pick and he traded him out. Should I tell him or just get new friends?

Rowell.

I hate the pick, no doubt he's gonna be a mainstay in the future, just goes against almost everything I take into account when selecting players.

Disgusting price, significant injury history already, can't confidently pick a bloke that has such a small sample size, especially when the ceiling part of that is from the Coronaball season.

But owned by a third of the comp, probably more by first lockout, and there looks to be plenty of bailout options, so I can't see it being a total disaster, would be able to flip him to any line with current DPP swings.

After his score in that first praccy match it looks like he's been gifted a golden ticket, he played ok, but a 40+ differential in his DT/SC ratio is absurd.

I know better than to go against CD and then melt each week over his scoring, you just have to pick the favourites.
Same i picked up rowell at m6 and he is an odd pick. I agree he is going to do well and I think at the mid price range he is the best pick for midfield, but as you said we havent seen him play much football. To be fair when we have, he has dominated, and I think its not a bad pick, just one that takes some guts to stick with. Shaping up to be an interesting season for all players and teams though.

I had him last year obviously he started off cheaper. Is he still a good pick, Ive got my team sorted but i told my mate it was a sh*t pick and he traded him out. Should I tell him or just get new friends?
Can't help mate, I've got no friends

If you had a demolishing party I would totally come destroy your house.
That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me

Can anyone who typically runs a MPM tell me how many mid only midpricers have worked out for them before? I have always avoided them in the middle, opting to pick them in the D/F lines if I take any at all, so don't have a great recollection.

I remember picking Libba in 2016, went alright before getting injured at the end of the year.
Libba again in 2019, however I didn't start him, I traded him in after round 2, he got to just under 500k (+193k) by round 5 but then went downhill and got injured again.

You definitely shouldn't pick Rowell.

Just go G'n'R mate. It always works for you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'd kill me 💀
destroy youtube GIF by Wayne

Just say the word.
We got you bud.

i think rowells a no brainer and imo prob ends up top 7-10 mid for the year.

shoulders can be blue tacked on just fine and medial strains are a dime a dozen. he's just been unlucky , its not like he's pea hearted or soft tissued which are recurring injuries

The successful one's tend to fall into 1 of 2 categories. Fallen premo through injury affected season or a significant, SC friendly role change

i think rowells a no brainer and imo prob ends up top 7-10 mid for the year.

shoulders can be blue tacked on just fine and medial strains are a dime a dozen. he's just been unlucky , its not like he's pea hearted or soft tissued which are recurring injuries
I too think Rowell is a no-brainer, but top 7-10 would be a bit of a stretch. If he does that my chol will explode

Top 10 mid (on avg) is 115+

If Rowell goes 102-106 and plays 20 or 21 games I'll be ecstatic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back