Strategy 2022 Midpricers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This need for height in the Crows midfield could be satisfied by Dawson now ......Whilst Hately is tall, he's not a cripps size weight wise ....nor does he play a Greenwood style inside game

Hately's best attribute is his marking ....again Dawson has that in spades

I'm hoping Hately has a great season ....just not sure what he adds to our side ?? ......hope I'm wrong
Dawson in my side , trying to confirm M Hinge was running with mids during pre Christmas training , anything ?

Dawson in my side , trying to confirm M Hinge was running with mids during pre Christmas training , anything ?
Agree .....Hinge probably offers more than Hately ....has the same size, but much quicker than Hately & has looked good so far ....possible wing role

Agree .....Hinge probably offers more than Hately ....has the same size, but much quicker than Hately & has looked good so far ....possible wing role

Just curious with all these players coming in to the Crow's who comes out?

Just curious with all these players coming in to the Crow's who comes out?
Murphy's injured .....Rowe / Sholl on notice ...the Crows list isn't as bad as some make out, injuries and form will play a strong part, as always

Young, inexperienced ..yes .....but with Dawson / Milera / Crouch coming in, there's some depth

Having a look at the stats on Will Brodie and he didn't have much luck playing in a terrible team that got smashed most weeks. Played 24 games and only won 3 but in amongst that he actually had some good games and it is hard to soar like an eagle when your surrounded by Turkeys. Definately on the watch list pre-season he could be a decent starter at a new club that will win more games and with Fwd/Mid status at $224,300.

Having a look at the stats on Will Brodie and he didn't have much luck playing in a terrible team that got smashed most weeks. Played 24 games and only won 3 but in amongst that he actually had some good games and it is hard to soar like an eagle when your surrounded by Turkeys. Definately on the watch list pre-season he could be a decent starter at a new club that will win more games and with Fwd/Mid status at $224,300.

Couldn't get a game in a terrible team. How's he going to cement himself into the best 22 of a better team? No harm in watching his preseason, but even if he gets a game in Round 1 I wouldn't be confident he's still in the AFL team in Round 5. For the same money, Charlie Curnow is sure to be selected as long as he is fit to play

Couldn't get a game in a terrible team. How's he going to cement himself into the best 22 of a better team? No harm in watching his preseason, but even if he gets a game in Round 1 I wouldn't be confident he's still in the AFL team in Round 5. For the same money, Charlie Curnow is sure to be selected as long as he is fit to play

Just remember that Jarryd Lyons was struggling to get a game there as well and they delisted Hugh Greenwood so the Suns aren't the best decision makers. :moustache:

Just remember that Jarryd Lyons was struggling to get a game there as well and they delisted Hugh Greenwood so the Suns aren't the best decision makers. :moustache:
Stewie Dew is no better. He has 10 numbers on speed dial and theyre all KFCs

Caldwell has a highest score ever of 83.
0 exposed form.
Pass
Unpopular opinion but I agree with this. Every goes off what he could become but as of right now, better off going and saving some coin and going with a rookie.

Lyons was a personality clash with Mountain Dew, not really based on ability. Greenwood obviously agreed to the de-list and re-list then pulled a shady move when North tapped him up. Suns error there was trusting him imo, not that I blame him for taking the money as I doubt he would have been best 22 by the end of the season.

I've said this before, but legend has it that Brodie finished last in every preseason time trial he was involved in at the suns. Make of that what you will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was keen to see how Caldwell went last year, as role can trump history, but now I just don't see the opportunity there for him to get significant time in the guts now that Parish has broken out and Stringer has cemented his spot in there as well. Better options this year to take a punt on at the start.

Charlie Curnow, and why all youse kents need him in your Supercoach team

If ever there was a midpricer to unleash your madness on, it is this bloke, this year. Here are the reasons why:

1. The forward line is a shitshow, you may as well take your risks there. Dunks is the only kent to average over 100 last year and his shoulder sockets are looser than my ex's choomlah. A bargain-bin option at F5 is a godsend.

2. In 2018, CC played 20 games at an average of 77.4. Charlie was a 21-year-old CHF. Carlton won the coveted prize known as the wooden spoon that year.

3. In 2019, CC's average dropped to 68.5, but he was injured in the 1st quarter of two matches that year for SC scores of 5 and 7. If you take those out he averaged 78. Charlie was a 22-year-old CHF. On Saturday the 15th of June, CC kicked 7 goals against the Dogs for an SC score of 154. For his price, that ceiling's nicer than the Sistine Chapel's.

4. He's $224,300, priced at an average of 41.4.

5. In 2022, he'll be a 25-year-old CHF. I've heard rumours that 25-year-old KPFs are often better at the game than their 21 and 22-year-old counterparts. These could just be rumours. Besides that, Carlton might not win the wooden spoon next year. I mean, they might, and it would be great if they did, obviously, and few modern clubs are as well qualified in the area (actually none lol), but most people think they'll battle for a spot in the eight and maybe play a final. It's gotta be a better environment for a forward than a team that finishes 18th. He'll also have a partner in crime who's just won the Coleman and will ensure that all of the defender's attention isn't all on Charlie, which it would have been in 2018. Also, he'll have SP Sammy Walsh kicking the pill to him.

6. If the 2018-2019 versions of CC can average 77.7, then the 2022 version has got to be able to do better than 80. Surely.

7. Even if he averages 77.5, he'll be worth 190k more than he was at the start. And if he throws in a bag-o-goals game or two there'll be spikes, if you time the trade right a 200k+ profit will be easy I reckon. It'll be sideways to a genuine premo for fluck all extra cash.

So do yourselves a favour! Sure, he might get injured, but so might any player, apart from Crispy (this better not jinx him).

If ever there was a midpricer to unleash your madness on, it is this bloke, this year. Here are the reasons why:

1. The forward line is a shitshow, you may as well take your risks there. Dunks is the only kent to average over 100 last year and his shoulder sockets are looser than my ex's choomlah. A bargain-bin option at F5 is a godsend.

2. In 2018, CC played 20 games at an average of 77.4. Charlie was a 21-year-old CHF. Carlton won the coveted prize known as the wooden spoon that year.

3. In 2019, CC's average dropped to 68.5, but he was injured in the 1st quarter of two matches that year for SC scores of 5 and 7. If you take those out he averaged 78. Charlie was a 22-year-old CHF. On Saturday the 15th of June, CC kicked 7 goals against the Dogs for an SC score of 154. For his price, that ceiling's nicer than the Sistine Chapel's.

5. In 2022, he'll be a 25-year-old CHF. I've heard rumours that 25-year-old KPFs are often better at the game than their 21 and 22-year-old counterparts. These could just be rumours. Besides that, Carlton might not win the wooden spoon next year. I mean, they might, and it would be great if they did, obviously, and few modern clubs are as well qualified in the area (actually none lol), but most people think they'll battle for a spot in the eight and maybe play a final. It's gotta be a better environment for a forward than a team that finishes 18th. He'll also have a partner in crime who's just won the Coleman and will ensure that all of the defender's attention isn't all on Charlie, which it would have been in 2018. Also, he'll have SP Sammy Walsh kicking the pill to him.

6. If the 2018-2019 versions of CC can average 77.7, then the 2022 version has got to be able to do better than 80. Surely.

7. Even if he averages 77.5, he'll be worth 190k more than he was at the start. And if he throws in a bag-o-goals game or two there'll be spikes, if you time the trade right a 200k+ profit will be easy I reckon. It'll be sideways to a genuine premo for fluck all extra cash.

So do yourselves a favour! Sure, he might get injured, but so might any player, apart from Crispy (this better not jinx him).

No.

This reminds me of Harmes last year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back