Strategy 2022 Midpricers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was looking at Jed Anderson as decent midpricer but it looks like he's going to quit football because of Covid-19 and getting a bad reaction to the vaccine :(.

2022 Training Comment
The bit they never tell you - Darcy, Mundy and Brodie last 3 in all runs. Darcy has a long long way to go to match Gawns running ability. Very surprised at Brodie’s real lack of a tank, nearly passed by Darcy on occasions, perhaps poor training standards at Gold Coast, for a young guy to be barely able to keep up with Mundy and a ruckman was a surprise.

From an article in 2020

Part of the knock on the contested ball magnet in the early stages of his career has been his inability to get from contest to contest, to run out games.

During his off-season, Brodie shed five kilograms and worked tirelessly on his running.

As he crossed the finish line at Somerset College early in December to complete his time trial, the significance was not lost on his teammates, who almost to a man (well, those who had finished) let out a cry of euphoria before going to ruffle Brodie's head with excitement.

2022 Training Comment

From an article in 2020

Part of the knock on the contested ball magnet in the early stages of his career has been his inability to get from contest to contest, to run out games.

During his off-season, Brodie shed five kilograms and worked tirelessly on his running.

As he crossed the finish line at Somerset College early in December to complete his time trial, the significance was not lost on his teammates, who almost to a man (well, those who had finished) let out a cry of euphoria before going to ruffle Brodie's head with excitement.

Well since Cerrra has left, its his spot for the taking. Def pre-season watch though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2022 Training Comment

From an article in 2020

I've mentioned this before but legend on the Suns board has it that Brodie was last in every time trial he ran at the Suns.

Yeah my Cockburn supporting mate has been banging on about how unimpressive Brodie has been all pre season in drills.

Thinking he'll be a fair way down the pecking order. There's also the little snag of him not actually being a good AFL player as well :shrug:

No report yet he's retiring but signs don't look good. There's a preseason rumor thread in the main board that just started where it's being discussed.
Jed has like 5 or 6 young kids.
He had an allergic reaction to his first shot of the vaccine. They would have concerns the kids will have the same reaction.
Word is his Mrs isn't keen to come back to Melbourne from the NT.
I cant really blame her. But Jed is in full training up North.
Just another s**t situation the virus has created.
Sad if he ends his career like this.

Last edited:
Keen on Lachie Ash as a bit of POD mid-priced defender.

Have heard a couple of Giants players mention he is the clubhouse leader over the off-season, training the house down and having his best pre-season ever.

Spending some time in the midfield mix and should elevate his game again. Reckon 100 avg could be on the cards.

Have heard a couple of Giants players mention he is the clubhouse leader over the off-season, training the house down and having his best pre-season ever.

Spending some time in the midfield mix and should elevate his game again. Reckon 100 avg could be on the cards.
You would hope he is having his best off season ever. He has only done 2 prior to this one 😂

Going to be a good player!

Love it. As always back ya gut!

Love it. As always back ya gut!

Going to depend on how many other MPP's are sitting in the team. In past years I've been burnt having too many and having the wrong ones - want to manage the risk a bit more this time around.

Reckon I'm going to run a pretty cheap backline, load up in the mids, which is why I'm considering someone like Ash. Want to see how Dew uses Luko in the pre-season too. He's another who is right on the radar.

I was predicting him for a break out last year. I was going to take him at 400k.
Bargain I reckon

You were predicting a break out year for a bloke that went 100+ 3 times in his 63 game career, and the year before dropped scores 60 or less in ⅓ of his games?
What?

You were predicting a break out year for a bloke that went 100+ 3 times in his 63 game career, and the year before dropped scores 60 or less in ⅓ of his games?
What?
Can understand the pessimism
But Rayner was touted for more midfield time last year so don’t think it’s a fair assessment

Might not of gone near 90 but players generally always improve their scoring when given a change of role inside.

Trac went from an 80 guy to a 110+ star
De goey went from a mid 80’s guy to averaging 100+ in the run home
Rayner may not get to that level but the value is there especially this year at 278k

Can definitely see the appeal for the price. Just a matter of if you’re happy to take a risk. Monitor how he looks in the pre season game televised and the reports at training and we can make a choice from there

Can understand the pessimism
But Rayner was touted for more midfield time last year so don’t think it’s a fair assessment

Might not of gone near 90 but players generally always improve their scoring when given a change of role inside.

Trac went from an 80 guy to a 110+ star
De goey went from a mid 80’s guy to averaging 100+ in the run home
Rayner may not get to that level but the value is there especially this year at 278k

Can definitely see the appeal for the price. Just a matter of if you’re happy to take a risk. Monitor how he looks in the pre season game televised and the reports at training and we can make a choice from there

Petracca had been in the system for 5 years, all bar his debut season at better averages than Rayner had managed, and had showed that he was much more capable of scoring tonnes regularly.

I can understand people considering him this year at 270~
But last year at 400 yuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back