MRP / Trib. 2022 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"

Zac Williams, Carlton, has been charged with Tripping (Fixed Financial Sanction) Aaron Naughton, Western Bulldogs, during the first quarter of the Round Two match between the Western Bulldogs and Carlton played at Marvel Stadium on Thursday, March 24, 2022.

In summary, the player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

The incident involving Carlton's Lochie O'Brien and Western Bulldogs' Adam Treloar from the second quarter of Thursday night's match between the Western Bulldogs and Carlton was assessed. O'Brien takes possession of the football and is met by player Treloar who attempts to tackle and makes high contact with O'Brien. Whilst there was a level of exaggeration, it was the view of the Match Review Officer that O'Brien's actions were not excessive. No further action was taken.

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
Fair results.

Puts Lochie on notice at the very least. He'll get done for staging if it happens again.
2nd week in a row he has done it. I said to my wife at the time of the latest incident that LOB has to stop this BS. I hate it when opposition players do it, so I'm not going to defend any of our players that indulge in such silly behaviour.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"

Blue Warrior

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Also Newman charged for wrestling.

The MRP just has no idea yes Day got concussion(Outcome) but Ryders was a marginally late shepherd/bump where as Preuss

elbowed Mundy to the head with big swinging action and Ben Brown in the VFL elbowed someone in the head front on and they only cop a week because their

victims were not concussed it has to be on action not outcome and penalized thusly.

The potential damage a thrown elbow can cause if connected properly far outweighs a player bracing and someone running into them and accidently get

concussed maybe warrants a week but any elbow thrown should be a minimum three weeks.

Harry fined for staging. Hopefully he pulls his head in and cuts it out of his game.

Was lucky to only be cited the once that game to be honest.
Was that in relation to the end of the game with Chol ??

Was that in relation to the end of the game with Chol ??

Yes. Thought Harry staged too but what happened afterwards has been swept completely under the carpet.

Harry fined for staging. Hopefully he pulls his head in and cuts it out of his game.

Was lucky to only be cited the once that game to be honest.

If he actually got paid the frees he earns he'd not need to stage for them.

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
I don't have an issue with Harry getting a fine for this. He did exaggerate the contact, but I also don't think the exaggeration was as bad as everyone is trying to make out. There's players getting away with worse on a weekly basis.
That's a 50m penalty every day of the week, even with the exaggerated contact. Watch it again and focus purely on Chol, his body language and actions. The marking contest is over, Chol wasn't even part of it. He makes no effort to move out of Harry's way (or exit the protected area), struts towards him, shifts his weight to his right leg, gives a subtle dip of the shoulder, then raises his arm on contact. The bump was completely deliberate. The play was over, whistle blown. It's not like Chol still had momentum and was coming too fast to get out the way. He was walking. It was prohibited contact. The fact that Harry puts a little mayo on it doesn't change that.

Now what about Chol? Where's the fine for the jumper punches? I thought they wanted that out of the game?
I just watched the footage again and I reckon you can actually hear one of the umps telling another ump 'pay the 50 metres', 'pay it now', 'pay the 50 now' at the time that Chol is trying to give Owies a tonsillectomy.

The other week Viney was killed by sniper assassin after minimal contact to the shoulder. That was much worse than Harry's.

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Now what about Chol? Where's the fine for the jumper punches? I thought they wanted that out of the game?
I just watched the footage again and I reckon you can actually hear one of the umps telling another ump 'pay the 50 metres', 'pay it now', 'pay the 50 now' at the time that Chol is trying to give Owies a tonsillectomy.
Just terrible umpiring.

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
Just terrible umpiring.
I'm positive that's what I'm hearing. First one in this clip is about the 16sec mark. Then he says it a few times in succession just after that.

Not sure what the deal is with umpires in this scenario? I know you hear quite clearly in other games at times when an umpire tells another one to pay the 50. I'm assuming there's a lead umpire on the day, but then they obviously hand off 'control' of the general play as the ball moves from area to area and one umpire gets too far away from the action or is in better position, but then the non-controlling umpire will sometimes call off the ball frees that happen away from play as well. Can the one saying 'pay the 50m' not just pay it himself if he thinks it's there? Or does the controlling umpire who paid the mark have to be the one who calls it? They certainly had terrible control of that situation. There's no way one of those umpires wasn't watching Chol and Owies closely.

And staging for frees that aren't there isn't going to help his cause...

It has for others.

You can't breathe on the King brothers now for example (yes I know one is out for the year).

Last edited:
Back