MRP / Trib. 2022 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad that Berry got off, I don’t know how a business or employer can punish someone for retaliating to being assaulted, surely if the guilty verdict stood, the AFL would be open to some form of lawsuit.
That is a can of worms the AFL want none of. They'd sooner have vacated his ban completely than have the lawyers get their mits on it.

Glad that Berry got off, I don’t know how a business or employer can punish someone for retaliating to being assaulted, surely if the guilty verdict stood, the AFL would be open to some form of lawsuit.
It was a clear failure of the umpires to penalize Oliver for head high which resulted in Berry trying to free himself. Needs to be more frees played for wrestling. Why is it ok to hold someone down and keep them out of play especially if you are making head high contact?

It was a clear failure of the umpires to penalize Oliver for head high which resulted in Berry trying to free himself. Needs to be more frees played for wrestling. Why is it ok to hold someone down and keep them out of play especially if you are making head high contact?

The same reason why you can’t shepherd a player out of a marking contest, unless it’s on the goal line and then you can.

I think the best way to get away with murdering someone would be to do it on the goal-line of an AFL game with the ball sailing overhead.

All rules abandoned.
Has s**t me to tears for decades. I'm running off the assumption that the normal rules apply, so why has it been let go for years?

Happy that he got off. Oliver instigated the whole thing and then squawked to the umpire after it.

Jordan Lewis's comments were interesting selling him up the river. Hope that it wasn't just protecting an ex team mate. I have concerns about Lewis both as a commentator and a football personality. He is trying to portray a thoughtful personality but there is a lack of consistency in his opinions. I personally think that he is very self serving and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.
Yes and boy was he a thug when he played, so dishing the dirt on Berry and implying he should go is a bit much from someone that played with white line fever himself.....a lot like his former Hawks coach Clarko did as well. Amazing how some blokes change their outlook when they finish playing and then pass judgement on someone else!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back