MRP / Trib. 2022 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Gil: "What's up, Mick?"
MC: "Tricky one, this week, Gil. You seen the eye gouge on Adam Saad?"
Gil: "Yeah, looked pretty bad, that. What you going to do?"
MC: "Well, if I cite him, it's gotta be six weeks at least! But it's Tom Lynch."
Gil: "Can't have that - if he misses for that long, the Tigs might miss the finals. Just say it was an accident."
MC: "Yeah, I guess. Carlton will be up in arms though."
<laughter>
Gil: "Spose we should do something... A warning?"
MC: "Won't fly - not for an eye gouge."
<silence>
Gil: "Say, wasn't there some fracas at 3/4 time?"
MC: "Yeah, still working through that, prob 5-10 players will get fined."
Gil: "So... What if they don't?"
MC: "Like your thinking... Maybe we just fine Lynch - gives him something after getting off on the eye gouge."
Gil: "Except... can't just fine one player - who was Lynch wrestling with?"
MC: "Plowman."
Gil: "Perfect. Even half the Carlton supporters don't like him."
MC: "Done."

Note which umpire was front and center? We've seen some bad umpiring this year but that match took me over the edge tbh - blatant bias in calls from that bloke- happens every time in our games and I think contributed a lot to the nasty in the game. Cook has to pick up the phone I would think....

Note which umpire was front and center? We've seen some bad umpiring this year but that match took me over the edge tbh - blatant bias in calls from that bloke- happens every time in our games and I think contributed a lot to the nasty in the game. Cook has to pick up the phone I would think....
For me it was the worst umpired match with Carlton involved since the Eagles game in Perth in 2020. Can not think of one rule that was applied consistently across the two teams. You can probably guess who umpired that game as well #22

For me it was the worst umpired match with Carlton involved since the Eagles game in Perth in 2020.
I can't remember that game and tbh I don't usually focus on umps as they tend to efven out(isjh) most of teh time - but Thursday night was just beyond bad....topped off by a goal review that actually went against the goal umps call....with

Jazz hands as the 'evidence'...LOL

Entertainment Reaction GIF by Twitter

looky look umps~ "I have jazz hands" I must have touched the ball...LOL the bloke was flapping them around before teh ball even got anywhere near them - so ridiculous....

Richmond play on the edge with jazz hands...LOL

Gil: "What's up, Mick?"
MC: "Tricky one, this week, Gil. You seen the eye gouge on Adam Saad?"
Gil: "Yeah, looked pretty bad, that. What you going to do?"
MC: "Well, if I cite him, it's gotta be six weeks at least! But it's Tom Lynch."
Gil: "Can't have that - if he misses for that long, the Tigs might miss the finals. Just say it was an accident."
MC: "Yeah, I guess. Carlton will be up in arms though."
<laughter>
Gil: "Spose we should do something... A warning?"
MC: "Won't fly - not for an eye gouge."
<silence>
Gil: "Say, wasn't there some fracas at 3/4 time?"
MC: "Yeah, still working through that, prob 5-10 players will get fined."
Gil: "So... What if they don't?"
MC: "Like your thinking... Maybe we just fine Lynch - gives him something after getting off on the eye gouge."
Gil: "Except... can't just fine one player - who was Lynch wrestling with?"
MC: "Plowman."
Gil: "Perfect. Even half the Carlton supporters don't like him."
MC: "Done."
very good dialogue but we don't say "say"..........that's for 1950's american tv shows like "my three sons"...........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladhams, yet another soft penalty for a non footy act. AFL needs to come out before the start of next year and state that players will be suspended for a minimum of 3-4 weeks for punches, headbutts, all non footy acts

Yep it's ridiculous all the little cheap shots that are going unpunished this year yet stand your ground do a football action in a block/shepherd and you get cited it's a bloody blight on the game.

I actually only just re watched the replay of us vs * and noticed Z Merrett got away with a cheap gut punch on Kennedy right before the 3/4 siren which actually took the wind right out of Kennedy yet he didn't even get cited or at least a fine :mad: .

Yet Plow and Lynch get fined for soft wrestling it's time to change the MRO system.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back