2022 NAB AFL Women's Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

yes we will place her on the inactive list and yes we can list another player !!!

any suggestions which replacement player you fancy ?
If delist Molan also we can get Ross and Sansonetti back………………..oh wait nah a professional team grabbed Sarah straight away so that can’t happen

So are Harriet Cordner, Hannah Burchell and Charley Ryan all Charley Ryan all inactive for next season?

Will all pretty handy editions for the 2023/2024 season.

Maria Rioli is also eligible for the draft next year.

If delist Molan also we can get Ross and Sansonetti back………………..oh wait nah a professional team grabbed Sarah straight away so that can’t happen

There's still hope, final list lodgements are on July 4, ya never know Molan could be a late out

Ross is a no as she's gone back to motto cross racing

Collingwood and professional don't go together 😂

yes we will place her on the inactive list and yes we can list another player !!!

any suggestions which replacement player you fancy ?
Spoiled for choice, there are over 500 women who nominated and didn't get drafted - would like some Ruck back up so that we can fully utilise the vast athleticism of Gabby Seymour to her full advantage.

So are Harriet Cordner, Hannah Burchell and Charley Ryan all Charley Ryan all inactive for next season?

Will all pretty handy editions for the 2023/2024 season.

Maria Rioli is also eligible for the draft next year.

Richmond AFLW Recruiting Manager Trent Mosbey said that Ryan will be made inactive for the upcoming AFLW season while she recovers from her knee injury, and is expected to be ready for the 2023 season.

"We'll have a replacement player join our list, after a number of train-on players join our list to fight for that spot."

Maria Rioli hasn't been seen for the last couple of years, i wouldn't get my hopes up

Watched the highlights , Coxy is a pleas at surprise , similar to lynch fanatical attack on footy but neater skills , expect to see her early I’d say , dunno why hawks overlooked her

Gws recruit looked pretty solid too, more a spare I’d say but who knows

Stunning really that they didn't pre-list list her before say Akec. She has been available in earlier drafts. Cox looks like she has been kicking that footy since she was 8 years old. A more fluent kick than some on our list right now - probably a better kick than LOTW. Think she has great versatility too by her ability to read the flight and general play. I wonder what the knock was on her - she looks more accomplished in those highlights than many already playing AFLW???????

Last edited:
Stunning really that they didn't pre-list list her before say Akec. She has been available in earlier drafts. Cox looks like she has been kicking that footy since she was 8 years old. A more fluent kick than some on our list right now - probably a better kick than LOTW. Think she has great versatility too by her ability to read the flight and general play. I wonder what the knock was on her - she looks more accomplished in those highlights than many already playing AFLW???????
Agreed real head scratcher that one , pretty certain we ll see her play , looks keen as mustard too

Sam Landsberger reckons we have the biggest steal in the draft with Ryan

The Tigers taking goalkicking midfielder Charley Ryan at No.38 overall looked the biggest steal. On talent Ryan was probably in Victoria’s best 10 but she will miss the upcoming season due to an ACL injury.

Sam Landsberger reckons we have the biggest steal in the draft with Ryan

The Tigers taking goalkicking midfielder Charley Ryan at No.38 overall looked the biggest steal. On talent Ryan was probably in Victoria’s best 10 but she will miss the upcoming season due to an ACL injury.

She has some things to work on, but yes, she is a great get at that pick - Essendon, Collingwood and Hawthorn had all interviewed her, along with the Tiges. Melbourne were in their pitching too by offering her place to rehab and I guess hopeful she would fall still further. Was surprised really the Hawks didn't take her with their last pick - so was she just quietly. Like all drafts, things can change on the day. Using our first pick was a reach, but that's the benefit of having such a stable list, it became a future pick in many ways and that is what made it possible I think.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She has some things to work on, but yes, she is a great get at that pick - Essendon, Collingwood and Hawthorn had all interviewed her, along with the Tiges. Melbourne were in their pitching too by offering her place to rehab and I guess hopeful she would fall still further. Was surprised really the Hawks didn't take her with their last pick - so was she just quietly. Like all drafts, things can change on the day. Using our first pick was a reach, but that's the benefit of having such a stable list, it became a future pick in many ways and that is what made it possible I think.

let's break it down how we got to drafting Charley Ryan

we needed another midfielder, everyone knew that
thus our luck was Grace Egan wanting a trade to us, a ready made midfielder, ready from the get go
No Egan, maybe no Ryan, draft strategy would be different

now we had pick 18, but no 2nd Rd pick, so what do we do to trade with Carlton for Egan ?
we didn't want to trade 18 in a straight swap for her

so we got creative
Hawthorn helped us out by trading 30 & 33 for 18
Collingwood helped us out by trading 25 & 38 for 30 & 33

Carlton were happy to take 25 for Egan, which left us 38, the 2nd pick in the 2nd Rd
the perfect position for a slider after the 1st Rd

at a guess Hawthorn & Essendon wanted fit, ready to go players this draft and there were plenty in the 1st Rd, Collingwood probably didn't want to carry another mid with an ACL as they already had Bonnici & Davey

so Ryan slides to our pick 38, do we take her now or take the chance with our later picks, knowing Melbourne were lurking ?
we get our thinking caps on and thought, no we have to take Ryan at 38 as she was worth top 12 in Vic uninjured

so in a strange way, Carlton, Hawthorn & Collingwood helped us to land Charley Ryan
getting Egan certainly helped as we could carry a A-grade mid with an ACL, a future pick of sorts

And isn't it ironic... don't you think ?

:musicnotes: It's like rain on your wedding day
It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's the good advice that you just didn't take
And who would've thought... it figures :musicnotes:

did someone say KFC ? i don't care, i love it
i'll see myself out

let's break it down how we got to drafting Charley Ryan

we needed another midfielder, everyone knew that
thus our luck was Grace Egan wanting a trade to us, a ready made midfielder, ready from the get go
No Egan, maybe no Ryan, draft strategy would be different

now we had pick 18, but no 2nd Rd pick, so what do we do to trade with Carlton for Egan ?
we didn't want to trade 18 in a straight swap for her

so we got creative
Hawthorn helped us out by trading 30 & 33 for 18
Collingwood helped us out by trading 25 & 38 for 30 & 33

Carlton were happy to take 25 for Egan, which left us 38, the 2nd pick in the 2nd Rd
the perfect position for a slider after the 1st Rd

at a guess Hawthorn & Essendon wanted fit, ready to go players this draft and there were plenty in the 1st Rd, Collingwood probably didn't want to carry another mid with an ACL as they already had Bonnici & Davey

so Ryan slides to our pick 38, do we take her now or take the chance with our later picks, knowing Melbourne were lurking ?
we get our thinking caps on and thought, no we have to take Ryan at 38 as she was worth top 12 in Vic uninjured

so in a strange way, Carlton, Hawthorn & Collingwood helped us to land Charley Ryan
getting Egan certainly helped as we could carry a A-grade mid with an ACL, a future pick of sorts

And isn't it ironic... don't you think ?

:musicnotes: It's like rain on your wedding day
It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's the good advice that you just didn't take
And who would've thought... it figures :musicnotes:

did someone say KFC ? i don't care, i love it
i'll see myself out
You should be a fiction writer Stan. You've got a vivid imagination and clearly too much time on your hands.

Agree though she was a good get and nice to pick up a slider for a change.

You should be a fiction writer Stan. You've got a vivid imagination and clearly too much time on your hands.

Agree though she was a good get and nice to pick up a slider for a change.

Do you want to know a secret. What Stanley wrote there, we discussed much of it in a private conversation pre-draft.

So it's less fiction, more information,
Less vivid imagination, more great anticipation
Not too much time, but understanding good timing.

Glad we all agree Ryan is a good get no matter what your disposition 😁

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back