Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 5, 2014
Peramangk country Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
My SuperCoach team
Looped Teakle on the bench perfectly. If he went well Gawn would stay this week.

If Teakle spudded then Gawn becomes Witts tomorrow
1655533455504.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brought in Coleman at around $320 to ideally be my F7 or D7. Have needed him on-field every week since I've brought him in, and he's averaged just over 100.

Small win, but gotta take those with how this season has gone to complete s**t for almost everyone.

HocusPocusFocus

Debutant
Jun 15, 2022
AFL Club
Essendon
Kudos to my two sacrificial lambs -

1) Jed Anderson - Traded Pendles to him in R12, adding 168 points during the byes and saving me $120k in the process, thus allowing me to bring in Laird in R14 when poor Jed got sent to the abattoirs;

2) Darcy Cameron - got him R9 @ $368.4k and, considering the ruck carnage in the meantime, saved me a donut or two and kept my scores ticking over. It'll be a pity to send him off once Grundy comes back but, hey, if I can get over the guilts I had ejecting Paddy Mac, I'm sure I'll have no problems ditching his sorry Collingwood a*** when the time comes.

And a special mention to the swing man of swing men Bodhi Uwland, the perfect combination of minimum price, DPP and job security so low he's the perfect captain for the odd occasions when I actually got a VC call right. The only way he could be any better would be for him to overcome his back injury, get a game and then start cranking out some 140's.

Last edited:
Kudos to my two sacrificial lambs -

1) Jed Anderson - Traded Pendles to him in R12, adding 168 points during the byes and saving me $120k in the process, thus allowing me to bring in Laird in R14 when poor Jed got sent to the abattoirs;

2) Darcy Cameron - got him R9 @ $368.4k and, considering the ruck carnage in the meantime, saved me a donut or two and kept my scores ticking over. It'll be a pity to send him off once Grundy comes back but, hey, if I can get over the guilts I had ejecting Paddy Mac, I'm sure I'll have no problems ditching his sorry Collingwood a*** when the time comes.

And a special mention to the swing men of swing men Bodhi Uwland, the perfect combination of minimum price, DPP and job security so low he's the perfect captain for the odd occasions when I actually got a VC call right. The only way he could be any better would be for him to overcome his back injury, get a game and then start cranking out some 140's.
Uwland a lead contender for 2022 SC MVP

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I haven’t had much to celebrate from about round 5 to the end of the byes but these trade ins have worked (so far…)

Dawson. GOAT trade in. Got him when his role wasn’t there and from then on he hasn’t gone under 100.
Guthrie. Saw him at a bargain price during the byes and he’s been great. Turned his form around at the right time.
ROB. Needed a ruckman after the Preuss fiasco and he’s scored back to back 120s for me. Keep going kenty.

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
It's old-school SC wisdom that proven premos will return to type. Buy quality when it's discounted and you will be rewarded in the long run, vs paying top dollar or chasing a flavour-of-the-month player.

Bought Bont at $587k, got 7 games @ 122 avg so far (as a forward, no less :eggplant:).
Bought Touk at $575k (season low price), got 5 games @ 120.
Bought Zerrett at $520k (season low price), got 6 games @ 119.
Bought Dawson at $519k ($3k off season low price), got 9 games at 115.
Bought Oliver at $619k (season low price), got 10 games at 136.

Not exactly on my own here with these, but I feel it really reinforces the old wisdom of how to SC. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Traded in/out:

Hewett (rd1/rd8) 117avg
Oliver (rd1/current) 130avg
Neale (rd1/current) 126avg
Macrae (rd1/current) 120avg
Touk (rd1/current) 118avg
Brodie (rd3/current) 105avg
Doc (rd5/current) 105avg
Gresham (rd5/rd12) 94avg
Sinclair (rd6/current) 113avg
Goldstein (rd9/current) 105avg
Bont (rd10/current) 122avg
Zerrett (rd13/current) 119avg
Laird (rd14/current) 136avg
Mills (rd14/current) 112avg
Duncan (rd15/current) 103avg

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
P.Mac > Coleman prior to round 7 was a 5k downgrade and now Coleman is one of my best PODs. Yes, Paddy Mac has been very solid but Coleman was a very worthwhile investment. After 2 poor scores of 58 & 47 i thought id made a bad mistake but since then he has averaged 96.4 over 8 rounds.

Jeffrey > Himmelberg prior to round 14 was a great upgrade. S.Hayes > Bont prior to round 13 was awesome & Wehr > Sinclair last round was great too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back