NO TROLLS 2022 NBA Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The Knicks really going to pay Brunson over 25 mil a year...

Good luck with that

bold GIF

Burks and Noel gone too i think. Ive seen rumours of up to 25m a year on brunson now. His agent has tapped up every media outlet around to pump his stock. Madness

When its all said and done theyll have a roster capable of maybe 6th seed at best?

Burks and Noel gone too i think. Ive seen rumours of up to 25m a year on brunson now. His agent has tapped up every media outlet around to pump his stock. Madness

When its all said and done theyll have a roster capable of maybe 6th seed at best?
They spent last off season offering garbage contracts to bog average free agents, they are now spending this off season shedding those contracts so they can over pay a slightly above average free agent...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prince 2/16 and Zubac 3/33 both staying put.

Bit of an odd contract for Prince, but I guess Minny don't want to mess with chemistry.
Only the first year is guaranteed. A no-brainer given his impact both on- and off-field this season imo. 3&D wing market is expensive.

Only the first year is guaranteed. A no-brainer given his impact both on- and off-field this season imo. 3&D wing market is expensive.

I might be underrating his Minny performances, but in general he has never really struck me as a guy who is a difference maker. Bit like Tony Snell, looks as if he should play the part well, but somehow doesn't.

Sort of an odd price range too, generally contracts in that ballpark are MLE additions for playoff teams, or fliers for lottery teams, eg. Mason Plumlee with Detroit. Second year unguaranteed is fine though, not like it's a bumper year for free agents or anything.

Detroit may well be the knicks reserves team with rumours that burkes and noel are on the move to michigan

Kinda surprised it only took two second round picks for that particular salary dump. They got a lot more just for taking Kemba.

Perhaps they were hoarding room for Bridges or Ayton and received word that they're not coming.

Kinda surprised it only took two second round picks for that particular salary dump. They got a lot more just for taking Kemba.

Perhaps they were hoarding room for Bridges or Ayton and received word that they're not coming.
Think Kemba is a lot more washed than the other two, honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they managed to flip both.

Think Kemba is a lot more washed than the other two, honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they managed to flip both.

True, although I can't see them getting much beyond another second rounder for them.

The interesting thing is the timing though. Kemba made sense, as they were able to trade for Duren, and could buy out Kemba's contract. Whereas trading for Noel + Burks now they've halved their cap room, only have something like $18 million now.

Fair enough if they're not thinking playoffs this season, but it does rule them out on Bridges and Ayton, both of whom they've been linked to.

O/T, but I'd be pissed if I were a Mavs fan, losing Brunson for nothing is not good business.

True, although I can't see them getting much beyond another second rounder for them.

The interesting thing is the timing though. Kemba made sense, as they were able to trade for Duren, and could buy out Kemba's contract. Whereas trading for Noel + Burks now they've halved their cap room, only have something like $18 million now.

Fair enough if they're not thinking playoffs this season, but it does rule them out on Bridges and Ayton, both of whom they've been linked to.

O/T, but I'd be pissed if I were a Mavs fan, losing Brunson for nothing is not good business.
I am guessing they shifted at the draft and are now committing to being bad for 1 more year.

I agree on the last point big time, I hate teams losing assets for nothing. It sucks and I think the Mavs had every intention of giving Brunson the bag but if the rumoured 27.5 mil is the going price than good luck to him because that’s crazy.

Well letting Brunson walk would give a clearer role / combination for Doncic and Dinwiddie. Let's call them the Double D's.

Hardaway jnr will come back giving them an extra scoring punch which they lacked.

Unfortunately not many John Wall's available at the MLE this season.

Writing was on the wall for Dallas, once they hired Brunson's dad as an assistant coach. This doesn't reflect badly at all on The Mavs imo more how pathetic and desperate the Knicks are, they finally cleared away some cap space and pissing it away on a player who is not even on all stat level.

Going after Murray apparently

Are Dallas bringing that that g-league ******* who wouldn't sit down during the playoffs? Probably their most important non-Luka piece.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back