hamG

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 29, 2007
Kew
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Atlanta Hawks

Assuming Ben Simmons would need to be shipped out if Brooklyn want to bring in Mitchell because of designated rook rule.

All the chat out of Utah is re-tooling around Mitchell. If they don't think he's good enough to be the #1 guy ... well Ayton definitely isn't and will be on or close to a max deal.

Scotland

TheBrownDog
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Mitchell is 26 soon. He's young, but he's not Zion/Ja young. They're not going to build around him with future unprotected picks. The play is to cash in the assets they have for other talent around the same age or blow it up.

Upgrayedd

A Vote for Clive is a Vote for Justice
Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
First wolves practise

Attachments

• received_1152916648591456.jpeg
    received_1152916648591456.jpeg
    30.2 KB · Views: 19

Gak Attack

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2009
Launceston
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Houston Rockets
Morey really trying to build the 18-19 Rockets around Embiid. Apparently discussing a Gordon trade with Houston.

hotchilli

Premiership Player
Jun 5, 2021
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Houston Rockets, Houston Astros
Morey really trying to build the 18-19 Rockets around Embiid. Apparently discussing a Gordon trade with Houston.
I'm surprised a contender hasn't been willing to give up enough to get him considering the rumour at the deadline was we were after a future first for him.

Majin

Premium Gold
Aug 9, 2017
Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers, Mercedes
I'm surprised a contender hasn't been willing to give up enough to get him considering the rumour at the deadline was we were after a future first for him.
34 years old, 19 mil contract and played 36, 27 games prior to this year which was still only 57.

Very good player and a great fit on the Philly team but i can see why teams are hesitant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Majin

Premium Gold
Aug 9, 2017
Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
So the Lakers are once again getting bailed out by being the Lakers.

Sounds like they will end up with Kyrie and also one of Harris/Curry.

The dysfunctional basket case of a front office just continues to fall in to being a title contender on location and brand alone.

fidstar

Brownlow Medallist
May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I do like the fact that JTA will be getting his ring with LeBron/AD/Westbrook sitting on the bench and Lee will get his ring with CP3 (and KD?) sitting on the bench.

I really hope the camera pans to them.

Majin

Premium Gold
Aug 9, 2017
Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I'm optimistic so very happy about it.
People seriously sleep on how dominant he was I’m his second season, imagine if Philly gave up on Embiid after his first couple years.

Zion will make multiple All NBA teams as his floor, this is a no brainer for the Pels. The fact they have a good team around him now to alleviate some of the pressure will only do him favours.

nahnah

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
What does RJ Barrett get? He's from the same 2019 draft so is due an extension

hamG

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 29, 2007
Kew
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Atlanta Hawks
What does RJ Barrett get? He's from the same 2019 draft so is due an extension

Hard to get a read on him. He's not a max guy but not being a max guy doesn't mean he won't get one. Salary cap is up to $123m next season. Fair money maybe $160m over 5 years, first year starting ~28m. Is he projecting to be an all star / all NBA team player in his career so far?

Messenger

No, I’m just disappointed
Jun 16, 2007
Nearby
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
So the Lakers are once again getting bailed out by being the Lakers.

Sounds like they will end up with Kyrie and also one of Harris/Curry.

The dysfunctional basket case of a front office just continues to fall in to being a title contender on location and brand alone.

If the Lakers get Harris or Curry along with Irving for Westbrook that’s theft.

nahnah

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hard to get a read on him. He's not a max guy but not being a max guy doesn't mean he won't get one. Salary cap is up to $123m next season. Fair money maybe $160m over 5 years, first year starting ~28m. Is he projecting to be an all star / all NBA team player in his career so far?
I would think a low end all star is his current trajectory

Remove this Banner Ad