NO TROLLS 2022 NBA Offseason Thread

Welcome back to the board mate!

Tell us, what are you thinking and feeling right now?
Disbelief mainly – I was sure it was going to be another drop down to 5th or so. After the initial joy wears off, it'll probably turn to nerves. Chet is everything Weltman and co look for in a player, hence why I'm praying for Jabari. Desperately need a go-to shooter.

OKC would have their selection of 4 or 5 wings. Need to make sure they nail one who can shoot close to 40% from 3 though in case Giddy and SGG don't develop their range enough.

I think at 2 they have to take either Chet or Smith

I assumed they take Chet at 2 and the wing at 12 unless Smith is a proper stud. If he is then you want the next Tatum instead of Bridges so take the stud.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
I assumed they take Chet at 2 and the wing at 12 unless Smith is a proper stud. If he is then you want the next Tatum instead of Bridges so take the stud.
I am by no means an expert when it comes to the NBA draft but I think they take whichever one of Smith and Chet is left, not sure they go Paolo. My guess is he ends up at Houston.

After the first 6 or 7 prospects I have no idea so can’t comment on who they go at 12. Also can’t rule out them moving up in the Draft with the amount of picks they have over the next 4 drafts.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
Pleased for the Magic, they had some crappy luck last year, and in the post Dwight years too.

Guess the Kings should be happy that Vlade's not making the pick this time, but that horse has bolted.

If the Thunder were an AFL team, they'd be GWS.

Uh oh. Anyone wanna trade?

Stauskas? Stauskas!

Anyone follow prospects close enough to recommend?

I think we need a strong athletic 2 guard to allow for different lineup combos. Having a pair of white shooters at the 2 spot with Trae doesn't work unless we shoot the lights out ... which we didn't.

Otherwise someone to take Galli's minutes in 4/5. I doubt he will be on the roster after next season.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

I think we need a strong athletic 2 guard to allow for different lineup combos. Having a pair of white shooters at the 2 spot with Trae doesn't work unless we shoot the lights out ... which we didn't.

Otherwise someone to take Galli's minutes in 4/5. I doubt he will be on the roster after next season.

nahnah

+1 for Pels too, if you'd be so kind. Have seen us linked with with Mathurin, Davis and Murray in that range, albeit the latter considered unlikely.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood

Probably Davis, Beauchamp or Branham. Agbaji seems to be more of what you already have just not white

nahnah

+1 for Pels too, if you'd be so kind. Have seen us linked with with Mathurin, Davis and Murray in that range, albeit the latter considered unlikely.
Mathurin is one I am hoping drops to 14, not keen on Davis from the stuff I have seen on him (3pt shooting dipped badly in second half of college season) and I havent watched anything on Murray he is too high up the order gotta start around the cavs pick :p

If I were the pels I think I'd be hoping AJ Griffin falls, his shooting was meant to be one of his few weakness' before the college season and he shot over 44% from 3 on a lot of attempts

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Probably Davis, Beauchamp or Branham. Agbaji seems to be more of what you already have just not white

Mathurin is one I am hoping drops to 14, not keen on Davis from the stuff I have seen on him (3pt shooting dipped badly in second half of college season) and I havent watched anything on Murray he is too high up the order gotta start around the cavs pick :p

If I were the pels I think I'd be hoping AJ Griffin falls, his shooting was meant to be one of his few weakness' before the college season and he shot over 44% from 3 on a lot of attempts

Cheers mate.

I guess it depends whether we're picking by position or by talent. We really need a guard, but we need shooting everywhere.

If we play conventionally then Ingram and Herb should soak up much of the forward mins, with presumably Trey and others behind. But that's assuming we don't play big.

Back