NO TROLLS 2022 NBA Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Naz Reid could definitely be another candidate.

Think you're right about Beasley too, he and DAR together always seemed problematic. Will have to replace bench scoring and shooting in that case though.
Realistically I don't think either Beasley or DLo see out the season with us. One will go now, one before the deadline. Reading between the lines seems like we'd prefer to move Russell but the market is pretty cold, so I think Beas' days are numbered.

My hope is that Nowell grows into a bigger role to address some of what we'd be missing from Beasley, and improved defence/rebounding helps make up for the rest of it. Would be a gamble, but I think we have to do it.

KD waiting for Kyrie to opt in is the most hilarious part. Put a dagger in every last one of them.

Next to no market for what they'd want for Kyrie or Simmons and the last duo anyone wants to come play with. As bad as it gets.

Knicks the most happy of all with the fallout. Takes a good amount of the attention off them.

Yeah nah - his attitude in Houston and then the Net was a pattern well established. I think he will do the same to the Sixers to be honest.

If you wanna be the guy to sell the Morey Harden stock, go right ahead.

But at least caveat your projections by saying that's what's gonna happen.

Nah, don't think he's earned the benefit of the doubt tbh.

He did the exact same thing to Houston, forced them to trade for Westbrook and then cut ties, leaving them with a complete rebuild on their hands.

Also there were better ways to go about leaving than walking around the court. At least be a professional about it.

Really want to know what 'better ways to go about leaving' looks like, because if I'm gonna use this board as a template, it would be 'stay at home, don't answer your calls or respond to teammates, and Weekend at Bernie's yourself into the practice facility only when the team threatens to nix your salary. Seems much chiller.

Harden gave Houston 8 years, and it's best era since Olajuwon. Should have won a ring and multiple MVPs but alas.

JH & CP are not the first teammates in pro sports to not get along and hardly a hanging offence.

Laying the blame for their breakdown at his feet is convenient but there's whole lot more that went into that - mainly Tilman Fertitta who was as strong an advocate for Russ as anybody and hated the CP contract.

Morey resigns, new brass decides best way to maximise Harden's game is to trade for a washed Wall. Harden pouts till he gets shipped for a haul of draft picks that are now looking real good (and since when did a complete rebuild become a bad thing?)

KD waiting for Kyrie to opt in is the most hilarious part. Put a dagger in every last one of them.

Next to no market for what they'd want for Kyrie or Simmons and the last duo anyone wants to come play with. As bad as it gets.

Knicks the most happy of all with the fallout. Takes a good amount of the attention off them.
Nah i think it was planned, no one is paying Kryrie 30+ mil except the Lakers who have no cap space. So opt in and demand a trade to the Lakers which by all reports is what is happening.

Yeah nah - his attitude in Houston and then the Net was a pattern well established. I think he will do the same to the Sixers to be honest.
His attitude in Houston was giving his all for 8 years before moving on, he did everything he could to bring them a title.

Gave his all on his injured hamstring in the play offs for the Nets and jumped off before it imploded.

If you wanna be the guy to sell the Morey Harden stock, go right ahead.

But at least caveat your projections by saying that's what's gonna happen.

Really want to know what 'better ways to go about leaving' looks like, because if I'm gonna use this board as a template, it would be 'stay at home, don't answer your calls or respond to teammates, and Weekend at Bernie's yourself into the practice facility only when the team threatens to nix your salary. Seems much chiller.

Harden gave Houston 8 years, and it's best era since Olajuwon. Should have won a ring and multiple MVPs but alas.

JH & CP are not the first teammates in pro sports to not get along and hardly a hanging offence.

Laying the blame for their breakdown at his feet is convenient but there's whole lot more that went into that - mainly Tilman Fertitta who was as strong an advocate for Russ as anybody and hated the CP contract.

Morey resigns, new brass decides best way to maximise Harden's game is to trade for a washed Wall. Harden pouts till he gets shipped for a haul of draft picks that are now looking real good (and since when did a complete rebuild become a bad thing?)
Also worth pointing out that everyone seems so mad about what Harden did at Houston... Except Houston fans.

They hate the cheap owner, and most are actively routing for him to win a title i Philly.

Nah i think it was planned, no one is paying Kryrie 30+ mil except the Lakers who have no cap space. So opt in and demand a trade to the Lakers which by all reports is what is happening.
Over/under for when Lebron Kyrie blows up again when Bron wants the ball. If that's where it's headed they're hell bent on being a smouldering crater in a year or two.

Over/under for when Lebron Kyrie blows up again when Bron wants the ball. If that's where it's headed they're hell bent on being a smouldering crater in a year or two.
Lebron is the only one that has managed to keep him in check so far, who knows maybe he can do it again.

I'll also add that they have no real avenue to building it without taking this risk. Kyrie is a headcase but still an insane talent. Kyrie > Russ gives them a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lebron is the only one that has managed to keep him in check so far, who knows maybe he can do it again.

I'll also add that they have no real avenue to building it without taking this risk. Kyrie is a headcase but still an insane talent. Kyrie > Russ gives them a chance.
Nets really going to take on Russ and his 47m? I’d rather lose him for nothing.

Although Brooklyn playing it out this season with a Russ Simmons backcourt would be hilarious, I can’t see Kyrie to Lakers happening.

Nets really going to take on Russ and his 47m? I’d rather lose him for nothing.

Although Brooklyn playing it out this season with a Russ Simmons backcourt would be hilarious, I can’t see Kyrie to Lakers happening.
It is an expiring deal and they would be taking picks back from the Lakers

Something like

Kyrie for Russ and a 27/29 first from the Lakers

It is not a great return but they aren't going to get better for Kyrie.

Something like

It’s horrible. They could get better than a future first for him.

Simmons was worse, didn't make Harden's exit/s great either.

Mainly about his on court efforts after his heart wasn't in it, of which there were plenty of lowlight compilations floating about.

It's not a witch hunt, but the observation that Kyrie/Durant's current stunt 'justified' or redeemed Harden's actions is a step too far. He didn't cover himself in glory either, especially considering he favoured joining the Nets in the first place.

Agreed re. Fertitta, but there's still no denying that Harden pushed CP3 out and was wholeheartedly behind Westbrook in.

Certain symmetry between Durant wanting Kyrie, DAJ and Nash in as coach, then leaving because he's disillusioned with the results. Obviously Harden had runs on the board in Houston whereas Durant doesn't, but still.

A rebuild's not a bad thing in itself, but it can go awry. Witness post-Dwight Orlando or post-Lebron Cavs, versions 1.0 & 2.0.

As it is the Rockets' ownership might still suck, but their front office management seems capable enough, and good on 'em.

Again, not supposed to be a pot shot at Harden, but he has his own skeletons in the closet. Not ready to wear a 'Harden was vindicated' t-shirt yet.

Something like

Pretty close to what's being floated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back