NO TROLLS 2022 NBA Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bogdan bogdanovich traded to Detroit for Kelly olynyk and saban Lee.

Olynyk a nice fit in Utah
It’s Bojan.

Also Saban Lee sounds like a electronics warehouse

It's going to be sick. I can't wait," Simmons said on the JJ Redick podcast. "I'm so excited. Got a new number, new jersey. I'm just looking forward to it. I think we have a special team. I think if we get it all together, we're going to be the champions. That's the end goal."

"I think this team right now is just a great fit for what I do and what I bring to the game," Simmons said. "I feel like it's Philly on steroids."

Gee whiz.

It's going to be sick. I can't wait," Simmons said on the JJ Redick podcast. "I'm so excited. Got a new number, new jersey. I'm just looking forward to it. I think we have a special team. I think if we get it all together, we're going to be the champions. That's the end goal."

"I think this team right now is just a great fit for what I do and what I bring to the game," Simmons said. "I feel like it's Philly on steroids."

Gee whiz.

train trainwreck GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee whiz.
Don't mind the enthusiasm but any player will be talking their team up in September (unless you are Westbrook).

Was a good interview and he sounded like he was in a better place. If he plays well - does he become a most improved candidate?

Surely more to the Udoka story than just having a relationship with a staff member? A full season for that alone is crazy.

Might depend if she was married too. Something, something, Hardwick.

In my defence I posted that before this happened.

I know mate, the timing just amused me. One of those 'life comes at you fast' moments.

Interesting choice of words... whatever it takes?

Just so long as the 'whatever' doesn't involve getting vaccinated, being held to your contract or attending practice without your phone in your hoodie pocket.

Don't mind the enthusiasm but any player will be talking their team up in September (unless you are Westbrook).

Was a good interview and he sounded like he was in a better place. If he plays well - does he become a most improved candidate?
He would have to be an MVP candidate to be in contention for that

Last time he played he was an all star and in the DPOY discussion

I totally believe that Simmons as struggling with mental health issues, i also do hope he can turn his career around.

The interview really came across as still being the victim, i don't believe he feels at fault.

I also struggle to see him developing his game because it sounds like the same BS he trotted out in his time at Philly.

He talks about the people getting off his back about the shooting and stuff but in years and years in the league he refused to even try and improve it.

The biggest red flag is that he still talked about 'i guarded the best player on the other team'. The way he talks makes me think he is genuinely happy with where his game is, he sees himself as an all star and he is what he is. I doubt we will ever see him take any big steps forward.

Might depend if she was married too. Something, something, Hardwick.

I know mate, the timing just amused me. One of those 'life comes at you fast' moments.
As well as just when things were looking up, moments too.

So what i gathered from from Udoka Suspension both parties involved initially led the team to believe that the relationship was consensual, the woman later accused Udoka of making unwanted comments, which prompted a series of internal interviews. Which then led the Celtics to hire a law firm to do an external investigation which they finished that and gave Celtics a report 2 days ago with their findings and now his suspend for the year. Must be something bad they found out to get a year suspension.

Last edited:
I totally believe that Simmons as struggling with mental health issues, i also do hope he can turn his career around.

The interview really came across as still being the victim, i don't believe he feels at fault.

I also struggle to see him developing his game because it sounds like the same BS he trotted out in his time at Philly.

He talks about the people getting off his back about the shooting and stuff but in years and years in the league he refused to even try and improve it.

The biggest red flag is that he still talked about 'i guarded the best player on the other team'. The way he talks makes me think he is genuinely happy with where his game is, he sees himself as an all star and he is what he is. I doubt we will ever see him take any big steps forward.
I think it's unfair to expect Simmons to become a great shooter, as if that's just something that if you work on, happens magically. If that was the case, everyone would shoot like Steph Curry.

Some players are great at some aspects of the game and poor at others, that's how it is. Steph is the greatest shooter of all time but defensively he is just average. Giannis does almost everything at an elite level but still has question marks over his shooting and FT's. LeBron cant play a lick of defense and is a liability shooting the ball outside of three feet, everything else he does is elite.

Gobert is an all time rim protector, his offensive game is garbage.

So I just never understand why Simmons gets so much stick. He cant shoot, he's never gonna be able to shoot. Just play to his immense other strengths, like his height, play making, passing, athleticism, rebounding and elite defense.

I watched that entire JJ Redick interview and IMO it looks like he has matured, he never made excuses, never really blamed anyone else. He was just kind of like it is what is it and is moving forward. I thought the interview was good and he looks to be in a far better place mentally which is good to see.

I think it's unfair to expect Simmons to become a great shooter, as if that's just something that if you work on, happens magically. If that was the case, everyone would shoot like Steph Curry.

Some players are great at some aspects of the game and poor at others, that's how it is. Steph is the greatest shooter of all time but defensively he is just average. Giannis does almost everything at an elite level but still has question marks over his shooting and FT's. LeBron cant play a lick of defense and is a liability shooting the ball outside of three feet, everything else he does is elite.

Gobert is an all time rim protector, his offensive game is garbage.

So I just never understand why Simmons gets so much stick. He cant shoot, he's never gonna be able to shoot. Just play to his immense other strengths, like his height, play making, passing, athleticism, rebounding and elite defense.

I watched that entire JJ Redick interview and IMO it looks like he has matured, he never made excuses, never really blamed anyone else. He was just kind of like it is what is it and is moving forward. I thought the interview was good and he looks to be in a far better place mentally which is good to see.

No one said that he should be a great shooter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back