NO TROLLS 2022 NBA Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We need a stretch PF though. Spo will cook the team with uber small ball with Jimmy or Caleb playing the 4. That's just not going to be sustainable over an 82 game season plus playoffs. We will be rooted by the 60 game mark lol
Load management?

Seemed to work this year.

Jimmy playing all 48 minutes of game 7.

So KD leaves a dynasty so he can get the respect he feels he deserves

Gets to the Nets and demands Atkinson who a good head coach gets sacked

He hand picks Nash as the next head coach

Doesn't get past the 2nd round of the play offs

Demands a trade

Meets with the owner saying to sack Nash and Marks or he won't stay

Steph >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KD and it is not even close anymore.

FZvXx46VUAIwxfj

Kelly got married in sneakers and a snapback.

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

Total reg season career score (i.e. greatness + longevity):

LeBron James20,058*
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar19,713
Karl Malone18,744
Wilt Chamberlain17,169
Michael Jordan16,699
Tim Duncan16,341
Dirk Nowitzki15,128
Shaquille O'Neal15,106
John Stockton14,744
Kobe Bryant14,692
Oscar Robertson14,299
Magic Johnson13,936
Hakeem Olajuwon13,803
Larry Bird13,755
Chris Paul13,586*

Looking at it per game played to reduce longevity factor (min 500 games played). Probably the closest to the overall GOAT rankings (for reg season).

Wilt Chamberlain16.43
Michael Jordan15.58
Magic Johnson15.38
Larry Bird15.33
LeBron James14.68*
Oscar Robertson13.75
Jerry West13.73
Kevin Durant13.44*
Stephen Curry13.13*
David Robinson13.01
James Harden12.78*
Karl Malone12.70
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar12.64
Shaquille O'Neal12.52
Charles Barkley12.11

Started collating playoff records to finish everything up. Much quicker process. I have enough to say that the top 30 or so won't change much now.

Playoff score per game, minimum 50 playoff games played (i.e. the GOAT playoff rankings). All players who average 10.0+:
Players currently in their prime will be slightly favoured due to still playing full minutes in playoff games

PLAYERMVP score per playoff gamePlayoff vs Reg season performance difference
Michael Jordan16.58+1.00
LeBron James15.47*+0.79
Magic Johnson14.51-0.87
Stephen Curry14.06*+0.93
Kevin Durant13.39*-0.05
Larry Bird12.69-2.64
Giannis Antetokounmpo12.65*+1.37
Jerry West12.25-1.48
Hakeem Olajuwon11.83+0.68
Wilt Chamberlain11.47-4.96
Kyrie Irving11.44*+1.89
Shaquille O'Neal11.26-1.26
Kawhi Leonard11.26*-0.77
Kobe Bryant11.08+0.16
Bill Russell11.05-0.28
James Worthy10.94+1.69
Tim Duncan10.88-0.86
Oscar Robertson10.75-3.00
George Mikan10.72+0.85
Isiah Thomas10.65+1.70
Rick Barry (NBA only)10.46+0.53
Julius Erving (NBA only)10.41-1.56
Walt Frazier10.40+0.48
Elgin Baylor10.24-0.91
Charles Barkley10.16-1.95
Moses Malone10.11+0.39
Bob Pettit10.07-0.70
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar10.05-2.59

Other noteable playoff gains (so far):
Anthony Davis (39 games)13.75 (5th overall)+3.29
Rajon Rondo7.32+1.45
Draymond Green9.07+1.98
Dwyane Wade9.85+0.13
John Havlicek9.97+0.15

Other noteable playoff declines (so far)
James Harden9.25*-3.53
Damian Lillard6.82*-3.47
Chris Paul9.23*-2.53
Karl Malone9.02-3.68
John Stockton7.10-2.70
Joel Embiid (44 games)8.80*-4.81
David Robinson8.79-4.22
Dominique Wilkins6.75-2.58
Tracy McGrady5.54-2.25
Gary Payton5.42-3.19

Most players decline on average because playoffs are harder (duh), and I will probably find more improvers as I do more 2nd-4th best players eventually. Even small games like Wade and Havlicek are noteable as they are rare in the first place.

So KD leaves a dynasty so he can get the respect he feels he deserves

Gets to the Nets and demands Atkinson who a good head coach gets sacked

He hand picks Nash as the next head coach

Doesn't get past the 2nd round of the play offs

Demands a trade

Meets with the owner saying to sack Nash and Marks or he won't stay

Steph >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KD and it is not even close anymore.

It's almost like he's trying to turn the tiny, tiny percentage of basketball fans who don't already think he's a massive flog against him.

I'd like to see the NBA introduce some sort of provision to just release players. The rise of sign and trades has made it easier for players to get to contending teams. It would never happen but I'd love to see the Nets say 'righto, you don't want your 4 years $190m so go sign with with a team with cap space'. Miami, Boston, Phoenix... nope.

KD also seems to be trying to be LeBron and doing a terrible job of it. LeBron left the Cavs after 7 years as a free agent, then the Heat after 4 years as a free agent, then the Cavs after 4 years as... a free agent. Along the way he's been LeGM and teamed up with Bosh and Wade, brought in Love, brought in AD, then Russ etc. And he's now eligible for an extension and hasn't signed. He's my age, could easily get injured tomorrow and never play again. I'm no LeBron fan, but could you imagine the hate he would've copped if he extended with the Cavs then demanded they fire Ty Lue and trade Kevin Love or he wants out...

Started collating playoff records to finish everything up. Much quicker process. I have enough to say that the top 30 or so won't change much now.

Playoff score per game, minimum 50 playoff games played (i.e. the GOAT playoff rankings). All players who average 10.0+:
Players currently in their prime will be slightly favoured due to still playing full minutes in playoff games

Michael Jordan16.58+1.00
LeBron James15.47*+0.79
Magic Johnson14.51-0.87
Stephen Curry14.06*+0.93
Kevin Durant13.39*-0.05
Larry Bird12.69-2.64
Giannis Antetokounmpo12.65*+1.37
Jerry West12.25-1.48
Hakeem Olajuwon11.83+0.68
Wilt Chamberlain11.47-4.96
Kyrie Irving11.44*+1.89
Shaquille O'Neal11.26-1.26
Kawhi Leonard11.26*-0.77
Kobe Bryant11.08+0.16
Bill Russell11.05-0.28
James Worthy10.94+1.69
Tim Duncan10.88-0.86
Oscar Robertson10.75-3.00
George Mikan10.72+0.85
Isiah Thomas10.65+1.70
Rick Barry (NBA only)10.46+0.53
Julius Erving (NBA only)10.41-1.56
Walt Frazier10.40+0.48
Elgin Baylor10.24-0.91
Charles Barkley10.16-1.95
Moses Malone10.11+0.39
Bob Pettit10.07-0.70
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar10.05-2.59

Other noteable playoff gains (so far):
Anthony Davis (39 games)13.75 (5th overall)+3.29
Rajon Rondo7.32+1.45
Draymond Green9.07+1.98
Dwyane Wade9.85+0.13
John Havlicek9.97+0.15

Other noteable playoff declines (so far)
James Harden9.25*-3.53
Damian Lillard6.82*-3.47
Chris Paul9.23*-2.53
Karl Malone9.02-3.68
John Stockton7.10-2.70
Joel Embiid (44 games)8.80*-4.81
David Robinson8.79-4.22
Dominique Wilkins6.75-2.58
Tracy McGrady5.54-2.25
Gary Payton5.42-3.19

Most players decline on average because playoffs are harder (duh), and I will probably find more improvers as I do more 2nd-4th best players eventually. Even small games like Wade and Havlicek are noteable as they are rare in the first place.

Some surprises in there. Steph getting better and Bird getting worse in the playoffs will make Skip sad. Kareem and Wilt getting a lot worse.

Has a lot to do with timing to. e.g. Steph's bad (by his standards) years were when he didn't make the playoffs (or out early). His good years (by his standards) were when he had deep playoff runs. That weighs his playoff scores to when he was good. Wilt being the opposite. His kick ass years was when he killed the regular season, but didn't play much playoffs bball. And when he was more of a (very good) role player he was making deep playoff runs.

I imagine an impossible task, but comparing year to year would be an interesting idea.

I imagine an impossible task, but comparing year to year would be an interesting idea.

What do you mean by that exactly?

Like year by year for one player, or across multiple players?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's almost like he's trying to turn the tiny, tiny percentage of basketball fans who don't already think he's a massive flog against him.

I'd like to see the NBA introduce some sort of provision to just release players. The rise of sign and trades has made it easier for players to get to contending teams. It would never happen but I'd love to see the Nets say 'righto, you don't want your 4 years $190m so go sign with with a team with cap space'. Miami, Boston, Phoenix... nope.

KD also seems to be trying to be LeBron and doing a terrible job of it. LeBron left the Cavs after 7 years as a free agent, then the Heat after 4 years as a free agent, then the Cavs after 4 years as... a free agent. Along the way he's been LeGM and teamed up with Bosh and Wade, brought in Love, brought in AD, then Russ etc. And he's now eligible for an extension and hasn't signed. He's my age, could easily get injured tomorrow and never play again. I'm no LeBron fan, but could you imagine the hate he would've copped if he extended with the Cavs then demanded they fire Ty Lue and trade Kevin Love or he wants out...
Can we just also add he has now come out and added the Sixers and Celtics to his destination list... Mr 'hardest road' now wants to go to the number 1 seed in the West or the number 1 seed in the East or the team with Embiid and Harden...

Also if he left the Warriors because he was never going to be loved like Steph was in the bay i have some bad news for him about what will happen in Philly. That fan base would die for Embiid and even if Durant was better (not guaranteed anymore) he will never be loved by them like Embiid.

He is a genuinely weird guy that just seems to constantly hurt his own legacy that seems to be important to him

Can we just also add he has now come out and added the Sixers and Celtics to his destination list... Mr 'hardest road' now wants to go to the number 1 seed in the West or the number 1 seed in the East or the team with Embiid and Harden...

Also if he left the Warriors because he was never going to be loved like Steph was in the bay i have some bad news for him about what will happen in Philly. That fan base would die for Embiid and even if Durant was better (not guaranteed anymore) he will never be loved by them like Embiid.

He is a genuinely weird guy that just seems to constantly hurt his own legacy that seems to be important to him

He's one strange unit. Wants to tread his own path but is hypersensitive to any criticism. 'Har har LolBron, MJ never teamed up with Ewing and Isiah' isn't going to get you a bite on Twitter, but something similarly juvenile aimed at KD you just never know...

KD like every other player is free to exercise his free agent rights. Which he did to join the Nets (sign and trade).

He's got to be kidding himself thinking Philly is an option. He wanted Harden and the Nets gave up 3 firsts, 4 swaps, Allen and LeVert to get him. Then Harden bailed because he saw what a s**t show Brooklyn was. I don't know what picks Philly have left after trading for Harden, but Brooklyn aren't going to take Tobias Harris, Maxey and picks to reunite KD with Harden.

If he wants to be loved he needs to go Portland with Dame or Charlotte or something and deliver them a title.

If the NBA wanted to retire Russell's 6 leaguewide they could have bloody done it when he was alive.

He didn't die tragically, he got old. Did they think he would just not die?

If the NBA wanted to retire Russell's 6 leaguewide they could have bloody done it when he was alive.

He didn't die tragically, he got old. Did they think he would just not die?
I guess they didn't want to do anything in case he did a Michael Richards.

I really don't like the over the top retiring number stuff in the NBA, some cavs fans want Tristan Thompson's 13 retired..

Nick Collison for the Thunder is peak imo. Retiring the best clubman.

No Celtics fan I know want Durant at our club, we already got burnt by trading for a high maintenance diva like Kyrie, let Philly trade for him and reunite with Harden :)

No Celtics fan I know want Durant at our club, we already got burnt by trading for a high maintenance diva like Kyrie, let Philly trade for him and reunite with Harden :)
I totally get why Celtic fans are hesitant to break up a finals team, but not sure they would be happy seeing him at the Sixers.

KD, Embiid, Harden is legit a lock to make the finals barring injuries. Celtics would be scared of that

I totally get why Celtic fans are hesitant to break up a finals team, but not sure they would be happy seeing him at the Sixers.

KD, Embiid, Harden is legit a lock to make the finals barring injuries. Celtics would be scared of that

I could live with that, plus the Sixers still have Doc as coach, will have to give up Maxey, Thybuille and heaps of picks to get the deal done also Harden walked out on Durant in Brooklyn

It would be a colossal implosion waiting to happen lol

Probably they are thinking long term - KD at the sixers probably puts them in the championship enveloped for max 18 months. Holding onto their core of Brown, Tatum and Smart is about being in the conversation for the next 5 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back