NCAA 2022 - NCAA - Week 14 (Championship Weekend)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts?

People are making spurious arguments. TCU wasn't a top 4 team in 2014. They weren't even the highest ranked Big 12 team. TCU was ranked 6th and Baylor was 5th. (not just according to the playoff committee, but also the coaches and the Associated Press.)

EVERYONE had TCU at no.6!!! (except for aussiedude and this Dan Wetzel clown who singles out the CFP committee and says they must apologise...:drunk::drunk::drunk:)

True, OSU leapfrogged TCU & Baylor thanks to their 59-0 thumping victory over Wisconsin in the 2014 Big Ten championship. I remember people saying the Big 12 teams were "penalised" for not playing a title game. They were probably right. If 11-1 TCU had played 11-1 Baylor, the winner of that game might've been ranked top 4 ahead of OSU. But they didn't... Pfft...

The guy in that above article is now asking why should TCU be penalised for playing a 13th game while OSU & Alabama are idle? But this is faulty logic. Did TCU beat Kansas State 59-0 in the championship game like OSU did to Wisconsin in 2014?

Nope. They LOST!!! Why on earth should we all pretend the loss never occurred? (cos.. cos... cos Bama :D)

If the playoff committee decide to bump TCU down to 5th, the Horny Frogs are not being penalised for playing the 13th game. They're being penalised for losing it.

How about some consistency?

Tennessee was undefeated 8-0 and ranked no.1 after week 9
They lost to Georgia 27-13 in Athens and dropped in the CFP rankings to no.5

Ohio State was undefeated 11-0 and ranked no.2 after week 12
They lost at home to Michigan 45-23 and dropped in the CFP rankings to no.5

TCU was undefeated 12-0 and ranked no.3 after week 13
They lost to 10th-ranked, out-of-state, traveling Kansas State Wildcats, for f**k's sake.

People are saying they should keep their Top 4 ranking.... purely because they don't want Alabama in there. LOL!

Personally, I don't really care who gets in. It's a moot point. Georgia is gonna kill whoever they face.
I just think it's hilarious how butt1hurt everyone is about Nick Saban and Alabama.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly believe if LSU started Nussmeier instead of an injured Daniels then it would have been a helluva lot closer than it was. Our DBs couldn't handle his deep ball. The pace he puts on his throws and the low trajectory make it extremely difficult to defend.

This absolutely sucks.
What dont you like about it?

This is what the 12 team playoff would of looked like if it was this season.

my only issue is that Tulane should be 5th as the best G5 champ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back