LSU @ Florida 10AM WatchESPN
UL Monroe @ South Alabama 10AM NFL Network
Clemson @ Florida State 10:30AM WatchESPN
Mississippi State @ Kentucky 10:30AM SEC Network
Memphis @ East Carolina 10:30AM ESPNU
North Carolina @ Duke 11AM ACC Network
Washington State @ Oregon State 12PM Pac-12 Network

• All times in AEDT
  • ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNews, SEC Network & ACC Network streaming on WatchESPN. [Inlcuded with a residental Foxtel sports subscription]
  • Pac-12 Network avaliable on Youtube and 7Plus
  • NFL Network included in the free tier of Gamepass, also streaming on WatchESPN

How the f**k were Pedo St ranked 10?

just reason ∞ why i pay no attention to rankings before november. Same voters had ND top 5 in the preseason and Oklahoma top 10.
Yep I was expecting a much closer contest but outside a QB scramble nobody saw and a INT tipped off a helmet for TD, they got kerb stomped as badly as I have seen.

Their top 5 rush defence conceded over 400 yards today. Outrageous!

Yep I was expecting a much closer contest but outside a QB scramble nobody saw and a INT tipped off a helmet for TD, they got kerb stomped as badly as I have seen.

Their top 5 rush defence conceded over 400 yards today. Outrageous!
They hadnt played anyone. but thats the thing, too many conferences dont schedule the good teams against each other before November.

Its about the only thing the Pac-12 and Big12 do right. but the Pac-12 and to a lesser extent the Big12 just cannibalise itself by not having any real standout teams but it also makes it good that anyone can beat anyone any week in those conferences.

Now we enter the annual debate on "how will the cfp committee get bama into the playoff".

They'll be there.....
surely we're now pushing for 12 teams this year :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Now we enter the annual debate on "how will the cfp committee get bama into the playoff".

They'll be there.....

Dunno. It is a lot closer this year. Realistically you could get to the end of the season and have 6-7 teams in contention. If us, Ohio State, and Clemson all go undefeated then there could be 4-5 teams vying for the final spot. Hell, there is even a chance TCU could go undefeated.

If Tennessee and Michigan both finish with one loss which will happen if both Georgia and Ohio State go undefeated, with narrow losses you would have to think both would be ahead of Alabama. In a way I kind of hope they give it to Bama just for the even greater amount of whinging about SEC favoritism (especially from Ohio State fans). On the other hand I really don't want to play Bama and if Tennessee lose to us and finish with 1 loss then they should get in ahead of Bama on head to head.

They'll be there.....
someone already came up with one last week for how 3 SEC teams [Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee] can make the playoffs.

Pretty simple if Georgia and Tennessee split their games, and don't lose any others along with Bama, and with Clemson or Ohio State/Michigan lose a game they're on thin ice.

Pretty simple if Georgia and Tennessee split their games, and don't lose any others along with Bama, and with Clemson or Ohio State/Michigan lose a game they're on thin ice.
Tennessee and Georgia are both in the SEC East so cant split games.

but Tennessee beat Bama, Georgia Beat Tennessee, Alabama beat Georgia in SEC championship. all end up with 1 loss. but all need to stay top 6 entering championship weekend with Alabama 6th or so Tennessee top 4 and Georgia 1. also need chaos with Michigan and Ohio state to be 2 loss teams and not win the Big10. Pac-12 and big 12 also need a 2 loss champ.

I just assumed they were SEC west as they play Bama every season, but that's there crossover rival. And that loss doesn't stop Alabama from making to SEC championship....

When a loss isn't really a loss.

Mississippi are leading the West at the moment and they play each other later in the season. If Bama lose that then there is no way they make the SEC Championship Game or the Playoffs. Bama and Mississippi State are the only 2 ranked teams that Ole Miss have left and State may very well not be ranked by then considering they are just holding on and still have to play Georgia. Beat Bama and they could finish 2 games ahead of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mississippi are leading the West at the moment and they play each other later in the season. If Bama lose that then there is no way they make the SEC Championship Game or the Playoffs. Bama and Mississippi State are the only 2 ranked teams that Ole Miss have left and State may very well not be ranked by then considering they are just holding on and still have to play Georgia. Beat Bama and they could finish 2 games ahead of them.
Its Ole Miss they will drop a game to Vandy or someone like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back