Remove this Banner Ad

PoopingHindi

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
I’m really liking the Shovels and Rope album Manticore.
it’s an Americana, folk rock, alt country type of thing.

JackOutback

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
What a start to the year; Gang of Youths, Alt-J, Methyl Ethel, new Eddie Vedder, and now Alex Cameron has new music out.

PoopingHindi

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
Dorsal Fins album coming in May. I like what I’m hearing so far.

Gibbsy

Oct 12, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Manchester City, Victory, Cavs
What a start to the year; Gang of Youths, Alt-J, Methyl Ethel, new Eddie Vedder, and now Alex Cameron has new music out.

Thoughts on AlCam? I don't think anything can touch the 'every song a single' earworms on Forced Witness, but this new release is still decent enough.

K Hole is top 3 all time melodies in the AlCam universe imo. The record lacks Roy Molloy though. More sax!

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Released: Tears For Fears .The Tipping Point.

Not that they have released heaps of albums (3 in the 80s and only 3 since until this one), but on first impression was very good, not first 2 albums good, but certainly Seeds of Love/Elemental good.

JackOutback

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Thoughts on AlCam? I don't think anything can touch the 'every song a single' earworms on Forced Witness, but this new release is still decent enough.

K Hole is top 3 all time melodies in the AlCam universe imo. The record lacks Roy Molloy though. More sax!
I've enjoyed every album he's put out, Forced Witness definitely the best, this is more in keeping with Miami Memory, but enough good tunes to keep you hooked until the end, and there's always lines that will get you thinking (such as in the title track).

PoopingHindi

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
holy s**t, Placebo have released another album.
…I guess I have to listen to it

PoopingHindi

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
I listened to the Placebo album and read a few of the really positive reviews and now I’m not sure if I’ve got the right record.
The one I heard was tame and repetitive and boring.

On a more positive note…Aldous :love:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PoopingHindi

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
Cypress Hill - Back in Black, another one of those albums that I felt obligated to listen to.
...another disappointment.
the beats are tight but the raps are meh and there's no cool hooks to drag you in. it's not terrible but there's nothing that makes me want to go back and listen again.
favourite track on the album is the last one which is a nice way to finish and at least its only 33 minutes.

PoopingHindi

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
I’m liking the new(ish) A Place To Bury Strangers record.
it’s a little less noise, a little more melodic, still the same ear bursting wall of sound.

Mesc

Ayahuascero
Mar 30, 2008
The Phase Realm
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo , Coney Island Warriors.
Im loving the new Jack White album, takes a listen or two before it grabs you hard.

Roobs321

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
This month is crazy isn't it. Off the top of my head there are new albums from Black Star, Kendrick, Warpaint, The Smile, Wilco, RBCF, Roza Terenzi, etc. etc. Not to mention Eurovision. Plus a few mainstream album bombs to shake up the charts a bit. Bit of a music month this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad