2022 New Music

Remove this Banner Ad

What a start to the year; Gang of Youths, Alt-J, Methyl Ethel, new Eddie Vedder, and now Alex Cameron has new music out.

Thoughts on AlCam? I don't think anything can touch the 'every song a single' earworms on Forced Witness, but this new release is still decent enough.

K Hole is top 3 all time melodies in the AlCam universe imo. The record lacks Roy Molloy though. More sax!

Thoughts on AlCam? I don't think anything can touch the 'every song a single' earworms on Forced Witness, but this new release is still decent enough.

K Hole is top 3 all time melodies in the AlCam universe imo. The record lacks Roy Molloy though. More sax!
I've enjoyed every album he's put out, Forced Witness definitely the best, this is more in keeping with Miami Memory, but enough good tunes to keep you hooked until the end, and there's always lines that will get you thinking (such as in the title track).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cypress Hill - Back in Black, another one of those albums that I felt obligated to listen to.
...another disappointment.
the beats are tight but the raps are meh and there's no cool hooks to drag you in. it's not terrible but there's nothing that makes me want to go back and listen again.
favourite track on the album is the last one which is a nice way to finish and at least its only 33 minutes.

This month is crazy isn't it. Off the top of my head there are new albums from Black Star, Kendrick, Warpaint, The Smile, Wilco, RBCF, Roza Terenzi, etc. etc. Not to mention Eurovision. Plus a few mainstream album bombs to shake up the charts a bit. Bit of a music month this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back