Dannyreed

All Australian
Aug 2, 2018
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Even though it's way too early to be judging a lot of the eligible guys I just thought this would be a good spot to post prospects throughout the year so when the draft does get near we can go through and have some background on some guys. Below are a couple of guys I have had a look at recently and think could be interesting prospects after this season.

Carson Strong- QB - Nevada
This guy is my tip to be this seasons Zach Wilson and rise up boards. He's got good size at 6' 4" with a big arm and very accurate. He had a great stat line in 2020 completing 70%, 2900 yards, 27/4 TD/Int. I think he is the best pocket passer from the main guys I watched which he needs to be to because not sure his athleticism is great but has a very developed pocket presence for a guy who has started 2 seasons. If he can show just enough to get out of the pocket and avoid sacks I think he'll be a top QB in this class especially since I don't know how much NFL ready QB talent this class has.

Eric Gray- RB- Oklahoma (From Tennessee)
I think this guy is ready for a huge 2021 season now joining the ridiculous Sooners offense. From the guys I have seen this class looks pretty good but I think it's between Gray and Breece Hall for the best. Gray is a really good runner he has moves and is decisive when he sees something he hits it hard. Guys struggle to get hands on him in the open field, didn't see enough to determine if he has the break away speed but he constantly beats guys on the 1st and 2nd level, can't wait to see what he does at Oklahoma but I think he has 1st round potential.

Maybe, just technique looks similar to Wilson, how he stands in the pocket, the way he dresses, everything like that

Zach has sneaky good athleticism and I reckon his passing technique is pretty much flawless.

Strong more a lumbering type who relies on raw power imo

Dannyreed

All Australian
Aug 2, 2018
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Aboard the Strong train, will be the best QB in next year's draft imo.
Yeah wouldn’t surprise me. I think Rattler is definitely the most talented but I’d be worried how he translates to the NFL. Goes out of his way to make throws harder just to show he has the arm, just an average athlete for his size, don’t think he reads defenses at all well. Saying that think he has the best arm of all these guys and could win the Heismann on talent alone but I’d be worried taking him as an NFL team. Malik Willis is the other guy I think will contend with strong. He’ll get Lamar comps but he’s very different imo. He’s obviously a freak athlete but he has a rocket of an arm, it’ll come down to accuracy for him but from everything I’ve seen looks like he is smart and from all reports is a hard worker. The way QB is played these days he could play now at an average level due to his ground game but I think if he improves as a passer this season he’ll be hard for teams to go past.

Yeah wouldn’t surprise me. I think Rattler is definitely the most talented but I’d be worried how he translates to the NFL. Goes out of his way to make throws harder just to show he has the arm, just an average athlete for his size, don’t think he reads defenses at all well. Saying that think he has the best arm of all these guys and could win the Heismann on talent alone but I’d be worried taking him as an NFL team. Malik Willis is the other guy I think will contend with strong. He’ll get Lamar comps but he’s very different imo. He’s obviously a freak athlete but he has a rocket of an arm, it’ll come down to accuracy for him but from everything I’ve seen looks like he is smart and from all reports is a hard worker. The way QB is played these days he could play now at an average level due to his ground game but I think if he improves as a passer this season he’ll be hard for teams to go past.

Yea Willis is the other one I like too. Howell next best of the rest. But Strong and Willis my clear #1 and #2 right now.

Dannyreed

All Australian
Aug 2, 2018
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Timestamps: 0:00:00 - Introduction 0:04:18 - Chris Olave 0:07:36 - Garrett Wilson 0:10:40 - George Pickens 0:14:25 - John Metchie III 0:17:34 - Reggie Roberson 0:20:35 - Dontay Demus 0:23:27 - Jahan Dotson 0:27:10 - Treylon Burks 0:32:00 - Mike Evans 0:36:00 - Justyn Ross

Its funny you posted this I've been watching wide receivers the last week. Just like every year its another loaded class. I LOVE George Pickens unfortunately we won't see him this year but I really like how he projects as an X in the NFL, even with the injury he's my number 1 just ahead of Olave. Garrett Wilson will probably get more love than Olave as the year goes on because wilson will make more 'special plays' but I think of the two Olave is better. Hes NFL ready right now, hes the best route runner imo and he's got serious speed, never drops a ball and gets open multiple ways he'll be an instant producer. Really like Treylon Burks he's a massive dude, he could have a role in the NFL now in that Deebo Samuel role but if he can show some more route running and be more of a threat in the middle or long distance throws he could ascend quickly up boards, read somewhere he has to get special gloves as they don't make WR gloves big enough for his hands :oops:
Reggie Roberson has been unlucky with injuries so hopefully they don't effect him long term because he is a stud, In the Memphis game and he had 240 odd yards of 4-5 catches and 2 TDs, he's explosive and has had nice production when hes been on the field.
Basically every wide receiver is a gun as they have been the last two drafts :tearsofjoy:

Dannyreed

All Australian
Aug 2, 2018
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Its funny you posted this I've been watching wide receivers the last week. Just like every year its another loaded class. I LOVE George Pickens unfortunately we won't see him this year but I really like how he projects as an X in the NFL, even with the injury he's my number 1 just ahead of Olave. Garrett Wilson will probably get more love than Olave as the year goes on because wilson will make more 'special plays' but I think of the two Olave is better. Hes NFL ready right now, hes the best route runner imo and he's got serious speed, never drops a ball and gets open multiple ways he'll be an instant producer. Really like Treylon Burks he's a massive dude, he could have a role in the NFL now in that Deebo Samuel role but if he can show some more route running and be more of a threat in the middle or long distance throws he could ascend quickly up boards, read somewhere he has to get special gloves as they don't make WR gloves big enough for his hands :oops:
Reggie Roberson has been unlucky with injuries so hopefully they don't effect him long term because he is a stud, In the Memphis game and he had 240 odd yards of 4-5 catches and 2 TDs, he's explosive and has had nice production when hes been on the field.
Basically every wide receiver is a gun as they have been the last two drafts :tearsofjoy:
Forgot to mention our boy Carson Strong's number 1 man Romeo Doubs! You would've seen him on the end of some beautiful balls from Carson but this guy gets open. he has really nice quickness and feet for a guy 6'2 he prefers to get off press with his feet instead of his strength (which he could improve). He gets over the back off CB's constantly which is a good sign he has enough speed to get by and liked his hands he came down with some tough 50/50 balls.

Dannyreed

All Australian
Aug 2, 2018
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
When is Arch Manning draft eligible? Son of Cooper Manning, largely regarded as beast QB at his age.

Gotta imagine other sons of Peyton/Eli will end up playing in the NFL one day. What a QB family.....three generations and counting
Yeah apparently he’s very talented! He’ll be in the 2023 recruiting class so 2026-27 draft.
3 Generations will be a huge achievement at QB. Unbelievable really

Dannyreed

All Australian
Aug 2, 2018
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I watched some Edge's and OLB's a few weeks ago and he looks the real deal. It doesn't seem like a strong class in that area but he's the best player I've watched so far regardless of position.

Dannyreed

All Australian
Aug 2, 2018
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Sam Howell will be one I’m watching. Will never be a flashy fantasy QB but watched a bit of him during all the Javonte film
Baker 2.0! This season will be huge for him, given the amount of talent they have lost through the 2021 NFL draft if he can run the offense effectively with all the new faces he'll be right up there.

Dannyreed

All Australian
Aug 2, 2018
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
A couple of guys who I noticed from the games I've seen.

Dontay Demus Jr Maryland WR
Looks like he's returned ready to take this season by storm and could vault right up into the 1-2 WR conversation. He looked incredible, finished with 6 catches for 133yds and a TD but he was open all day and was missed on what would've been a 50 yard house call. He can be an X at NFL level which is going to boost his stocks further, not many guys have his big frame and his sharp route running.

Carson Strong QB Nevada
Most of what I saw was very good against a tough Cal defense but it was up and down. Early he took what the defense gave him and inched down the field but as the game wore on some deep shots opened up and he hit them. His deep ball is such a strength, highlighted by a beautiful ball to to Tory Horton in the opening drive of the 3rd qtr. As the game wore on he tried to force some balls and could've had another 1 or 2 INT's added to his stat line but they were holding a slim lead and the run game wasn't going. His INT came on a deep ball which would've been another Romeo Doubs TD except fo the fact the Safety also saw this a flew across him for the pick. All in all I think it was a very good performance but not perfect.

Nakobe Dean LB Georgia
Lit Clemson's O-line up. Looked great rushing the passer which has always been an area he could improve. He is great coming down hill and working through the mess but generally as a run defender, he looked much more agressive going after the QB which will help his projection to the NFL. His strengths are his athleticism but he isn't the biggest guy. Would like to see him improve in pass coverage, he is ok but if he is going to be valuable to an NFL team he would need to take it to the next level.

Dorian Thompson-Robinson QB UCLA
Was a highly recruited high school recruit and hasn't been overly impressive. Thought he looked very composed and his arm has always been pretty good. The big thing about him though is he has had markeable improvement each of his seasons and played very well yesterday hinting at maybe more improvement. Hard to judge too much in this offense as alot of his throws were wide open guys and alot of yardage after the catch but his legs looked good on a few runs and could just be a smokey to be a mid-round guy.

Sam Howell QB UNC
Rough one for Sammy. Not his fault entirely as the offense was just completely overmatched and he was out there having to try and make magic which isn't his game. Hopefully this isn't a sign to come because they did lose a boatload of talent to the NFL this past draft. He still made some great throws in the few times he got a clean pocket but yeah this looks very similar to when Jordan Love lost his OC, HC and 8 offensive starters in the year before he came out. Hope for Sam they can get something going and give him a chance.

Joseph Ngata WR Clemson
Not entirely sure he'll be this draft as I think he can still go another year but he looked really good. In the few times DJ was able to get the ball out of his hands it seemed like Ngata was the only guy who wasn't blanketed. He is a big strong receiver with great hands and can be a wrecking ball when he gets the ball in his hands. He has been inconsistent in his short career but with the weak schedule he will be bigger and faster than his opposition most weeks and could show out.

Phil Jurkovec QB Boston College
Although it was a cupcake game against Colgate given how this QB class has so many questions any good performance can be huge. Jurkovec has the build at 6'5" 225 odd, has a huge arm and in my opinion one of his key strengths is reading the field well. He dominated this game and although not a noted runner added 61 rushing yards to 300 passing and 3TD's. The main area he can improve is his placement on deep balls, he has plenty of arm but he sometimes leaves yards out there by making his receiver either slow down to catch a short ball or dive to catch a long ball and he showed that again in this game. It didnt hurt because the receivers were WIDE open but it will against better opposition. Either way good start for him, see hwo he goes against UNC, Clemson

Olave is still Olave, JT Daniels wasn't bad would like to see again, hopefully Thibodeaux's injury isn't too bad.

Back