LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 12.15 PM ON 13/12: New England at Arizona

LIVE ON watchESPN AT 5:00 AM on 12/12: NFL RedZone

NB: VIC, NSW, TAS times
less 30 mins SA, NT
less 1 hour QLD
less 1.5 hours NT
less 3 hours WA

My late season rankings:

Tier 1 - Teams that know how to win and are contenders - Philadelphia Eagles, Buffalo Bills, Dallas Cowboys, San Francisco 49ers

Tier 2 - Teams that have been up and down and may be contenders - Kansas City Chiefs, Cincinnati Bengals, Baltimore Ravens

Tier 3 - Teams that think they're in the chase but aren't really in the chase - New England Patriots, New York Jets, Seattle Seahawks, Miami Dolphins

Tier 4 - Teams to look out for in 2023 - Detroit Lions, Jacksonville Jaguars

Tier 5 - The rest - Minnesota Vikings, Washington Commanders, Las Vegas Raiders, Cleveland Browns, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Los Angeles Chargers, New Orleans Saints, New York Giants, Tennessee Titans, Green Bay Packers, Denver Broncos, Arizona Cardinals, Chicago Bears, Pittsburgh Steelers, Los Angeles Rams, Indianapolis Colts, Houston Texans

shame you weren't a betting man, Giants not getting to 10 wins is in the bag.

My late season rankings:

Tier 1 - Teams that know how to win and are contenders - Philadelphia Eagles, Buffalo Bills, Dallas Cowboys, San Francisco 49ers

Tier 2 - Teams that have been up and down and may be contenders - Kansas City Chiefs, Cincinnati Bengals, Baltimore Ravens

Tier 3 - Teams that think they're in the chase but aren't really in the chase - New England Patriots, New York Jets, Seattle Seahawks, Miami Dolphins

Tier 5 - The rest - Minnesota Vikings, Washington Commanders, Las Vegas Raiders, Cleveland Browns, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Los Angeles Chargers, New Orleans Saints, New York Giants, Tennessee Titans, Green Bay Packers, Denver Broncos, Arizona Cardinals, Chicago Bears, Pittsburgh Steelers, Los Angeles Rams, Indianapolis Colts, Houston Texans

Yeah well Dallas ain’t a contender over tier 2 ones but think you are spot on with the rest

Yeah well Dallas ain’t a contender over tier 2 ones but think you are spot on with the rest
I think the Bills, at home during the playoffs, will be an overwhelming favourite to go to the Superbowl, whereas the Eagles aren't as bigger a favourite at home during the playoffs.

The Bills three losses this year have been by a total of 8 points, whereas the Eagles single loss was by 9. Divisional matchups in the playoffs are notoriously difficult to predict which is why I have the Cowboys and Eagles on the same tier.

The Eagles @ Cowboys in two weeks will determine if Dallas belong in tier two.

I think the Bills, at home during the playoffs, will be an overwhelming favourite to go to the Superbowl, whereas the Eagles aren't as bigger a favourite at home during the playoffs.

The Bills three losses this year have been by a total of 8 points, whereas the Eagles single loss was by 9. Divisional matchups in the playoffs are notoriously difficult to predict which is why I have the Cowboys and Eagles on the same tier.

The Eagles @ Cowboys in two weeks will determine if Dallas belong in tier two.

We ain’t winning anything with that plonker at QB. It’s not a matter of if we’ll lose, it’s just when. We’ll win our division and as usual lose first round.

This Detroit team is making the playoffs I reckon

If they get the Alabama WR going, I would not want to go near them in a wildcard game

They at worst should be finishing 9 and 8 with that schedule going forward. Even 10 and 7 is a big possibility

This Detroit team is making the playoffs I reckon

If they get the Alabama WR going, I would not want to go near them in a wildcard game

They at worst should be finishing 9 and 8 with that schedule going forward. Even 10 and 7 is a big possibility
Hope they make the playoffs, but if they are to make noise there they really need to fix their D being so porous.

Hope they make the playoffs, but if they are to make noise there they really need to fix their D being so porous.

Just being near the playoffs is a huge success for Detroit love their head coach

Just being near the playoffs is a huge success for Detroit love their head coach
Their new regime (front office, staff, not just hc, other coaches) is in a great place right now, the right people, and their team is starting to be not just very talented both sides of the ball but also building a foundation of "success". And theyve got picks galore to further their roster with.

My late season rankings:

Move KC and Cincy up as they are at least as good as Dallas and Baltimore down and delete Tier 2 and I’d probably agree with you (although NEP would be deluding themselves if they didn’t realise that they are in the meh group with a bunch of other Tier 5s

Their new regime (front office, staff, not just hc, other coaches) is in a great place right now, the right people, and their team is starting to be not just very talented both sides of the ball but also building a foundation of "success". And theyve got picks galore to further their roster with.

Yep the Stafford deal could well be a win win in the end

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Move KC and Cincy up as they are at least as good as Dallas and Baltimore down and delete Tier 2 and I’d probably agree with you (although NEP would be deluding themselves if they didn’t realise that they are in the meh group with a bunch of other Tier 5s
I like your thinking…..

Yeah, Bungles started slow but they're tuning up nicely for another run. Just need to keep their skills players on the park heading into playoffs. Haven't had all their best since Chase first got injured...

Chiefs have beaten some good teams over the past couple of months too. Should not be counted out and are still the class of the AFC until a team proves otherwise in the playoffs. I still don't think Buffalo or Cincy will do that this season, neither have improved on last season from what I've seen, IMO, still great teams but not there yet.

This 🤡 can barely make extra points and was whining about trying a 68 yard fg at halftime

Another sterling Depodesta/Berry draft choice

Panthers would be first in the NFC South right now at 6-7 (Tom Brady GOAT!!!) If York didn't beat us with a 62 yarder in week 1.

More Brady made a deal with the devil luck.

Last edited:
I've been looking at the discussion here on tiers, particularly who's in the upper tier of genuine contenders for the SB. This is the time of year I tend to put a couple of SB winner bets on, one from each conference.

On face value NFC has Eagles, Cowboys, SF and Minnesota - but I'd have real issues backing any of them with any confidence. Eagles look the most complete, but there's a lot of inexperience. Despite how good the Cowboys can look both sides of the ball, I can't have any confidence in that coach and QB to win tight playoff games. SF are my team and while acknowledging that bias I think they could be the best team left - except they're now relying on an incredibly inexperienced QB and I can't really believe they'll go all the way. Minnesota are obviously good, but their record looks inflated and I'd be nervous about them playing any of the other three - let alone who comes out of the AFC. I've already got my standard SB bet on my own team, so think it'll need to be the Eagles as another one.

AFC is a little simpler imo. While all the teams have flaws, I think Bills, KC and Cincinnati are the clear front three and I'd be pretty shocked if anyone else came out of that conference. Baltimore have not looked good whenever I've seen them (which has not been much, admittedly), although I recognise that they could have an even better record and therefore be right in contention. KC are too flaky for me, despite Mahomes, so I'm leaning towards Bills or Bengals. The only issue is that they play each other, and if Cincinnati win that and KC run the table then KC will have the top seed (I think). Might need to wait a couple of weeks to bet with any type of confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back