LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 12.20 PM ON 12/12: Miami at Los Angeles Chargers
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 12.15 PM ON 13/12: New England at Arizona

LIVE ON watchESPN AT 5:00 AM on 12/12: NFL RedZone

NB: VIC, NSW, TAS times
less 30 mins SA, NT
less 1 hour QLD
less 1.5 hours NT
less 3 hours WA

Panthers and Lions on Xmas day could be a huge game …who would’ve thought that a few weeks ago. Both have winnable remaining schedules.

Need to win this week against the Steelers at home, I dont think we can beat the Lions. If we can beat the Steelers the division will come down to the Panthers @ Bucs week 17 I reckon.

This is assuming the Bengals do us a solid and beat the Bucs this week.

Bucs have Bengals, Cards, Panthers, Falcons

I could easily see them losing the next two on current form.

Jaguars too

Jags have made good strides this year offensively. I swear the people saying Lawrence is still crap havent watched him play a game this year and were just going off last years film and the Jags record this year. Hes been good for the most part.

Defense is a bit of a concern however. Lloyd was benched for Muma and Travon Walker hasn't looked that good.

Jags have made good strides this year offensively. I swear the people saying Lawrence is still crap havent watched him play a game this year and were just going off last years film and the Jags record this year. Hes been good for the most part.

Defense is a bit of a concern however. Lloyd was benched for Muma and Travon Walker hasn't looked that good.
There are people saying that? Lawrence is already at top 10 QB imo

There are people saying that? Lawrence is already at top 10 QB imo

Yea, few people ive heard around the traps. Lazy takes. Genuinely must have not watched a Jags game this year

Not likely.

Would need to beat us and then us lose again.

Probably honestly I'm realistic been saying all year we suck and won't win jack. Rubbish head coach and a worse QB under pressure. Dad is fantastic against your Houston's of the comp, pity the playoffs sides can actually defend right...

I've been looking at the discussion here on tiers, particularly who's in the upper tier of genuine contenders for the SB. This is the time of year I tend to put a couple of SB winner bets on, one from each conference.

On face value NFC has Eagles, Cowboys, SF and Minnesota - but I'd have real issues backing any of them with any confidence. Eagles look the most complete, but there's a lot of inexperience. Despite how good the Cowboys can look both sides of the ball, I can't have any confidence in that coach and QB to win tight playoff games. SF are my team and while acknowledging that bias I think they could be the best team left - except they're now relying on an incredibly inexperienced QB and I can't really believe they'll go all the way. Minnesota are obviously good, but their record looks inflated and I'd be nervous about them playing any of the other three - let alone who comes out of the AFC. I've already got my standard SB bet on my own team, so think it'll need to be the Eagles as another one.

AFC is a little simpler imo. While all the teams have flaws, I think Bills, KC and Cincinnati are the clear front three and I'd be pretty shocked if anyone else came out of that conference. Baltimore have not looked good whenever I've seen them (which has not been much, admittedly), although I recognise that they could have an even better record and therefore be right in contention. KC are too flaky for me, despite Mahomes, so I'm leaning towards Bills or Bengals. The only issue is that they play each other, and if Cincinnati win that and KC run the table then KC will have the top seed (I think). Might need to wait a couple of weeks to bet with any type of confidence.
You can't put the Vikings into any conversation about the Superbowl unless they make significant changes on the defensive side of the ball. You will never win the Superbowl with the 32nd ranked defence.

I think a lot of the Lawrence sucks talk only comes from people who have watched the Jags when they played against their own team this year...ie: he played crap against the Eagles and Giants so a lot of those fans probably dont see him as anything special.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't put the Vikings into any conversation about the Superbowl unless they make significant changes on the defensive side of the ball. You will never win the Superbowl with the 32nd ranked defence.

Why are they so bad defensively? Smith and Hunter is a nice pass rushing duo, Hendicks and Hicks likewise at linebacker and it seems they spend endless draft capital on the secondary.

I would agree - I wouldn't back them with someone else's money for the SB. I had them in there as record-wise they're at least going to end up a 3-seed, potentially the 2-seed.

But given that they'll have a home playoff game against a wild card team, a 6 or 7 seed that might not have much better than a .500 record. Then maybe they're playing week 2 against an admittedly good 49ers team but with an untested rookie QB.

I don't think they're particularly good, but they could easily end up in the NFC Championship game. I suspect they don't go much further but stranger things have happened.

They gave up an average of 9 yards on the receivers at the line of scrimmage against the lions. Super super soft. You ain't stopping no one when the competition gets pointy

I think a lot of the Lawrence sucks talk only comes from people who have watched the Jags when they played against their own team this year...ie: he played crap against the Eagles and Giants so a lot of those fans probably dont see him as anything special.
Oh I think he's coming on very well. Do I see him ahead of Mahomes or Allen long term? Not particularly.

He could very well have a similar season to what Hurts is having of course.

Oh I think he's coming on very well. Do I see him ahead of Mahomes or Allen long term? Not particularly.

He could very well have a similar season to what Hurts is having of course.
Yeah I could. A better passer than Allen and Hurts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back