LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 8.25 AM ON 9/1: New York Giants at Philadelphia
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 12.20 PM ON 9/1: Detroit at Green Bay

LIVE ON watchESPN AT 5:00 AM on 9/1: NFL RedZone

NB: VIC, NSW, TAS times
less 30 mins SA, NT
less 1 hour QLD
less 1.5 hours NT
less 3 hours WA

Fact these guys have no ability to formulate healthy relationships with those on roster is the least surprising thing ever

People skills are bad? Coulda told you that 7 years ago with the head doofus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a funny league, and I hope this doesn't happen, but there's every chance Mahomes never gets to another SB. Maybe his team will fail to recover an onside kick, or a defensive player will go to the ground instead of taking it to the house in a Championship game. Or a terrible corner will play injured and give up a big TD before the half and then the coach will decide to kick a FG instead of going for it essentially ending the game with a poor defense. There's just so much that goes into this league and it's not the NBA. Some QBs have it good and things go their teams way, other QBs make 4 SBs in a row and never win one.

My issue with your statements are:

You're saying stuff that is obvious... its not edgy, or groundbreaking, its just fn obvious. Its clearly a troll, you and Chism only agree when you're trolling. Its the same s**t from you any time the Packers season ends. Kind of like a once-a-year American Crow. Or like Groundhog Day, but not funny.

My only consolation to this ribbing is, I know you'd be the same troll even if your team didn't fluke a Superbowl win whenever the * it was.

That being said, in said 30-0dd years, not counting those Packer dogs, 16 other QBs have won a SB.

Of those, 5 would have HOF enshrinement without SB wins (as would Favre and Rodgers)
Elway
Brady
Roethlisberger
P.Manning
Brees

4 of those, IMO, would have questionable HOF resume's
Aikman
Young
Warner
E.Manning

the rest (bar Mahomes, as his career is clearly too young to judge), are nowhere near HOF worthy
Dilfer
Johnson
Flacco
Wilson
Foles
Stafford

The numbers clearly suggest more 'lucky' QBs win Super Bowls than great ones...

I could go into just making it also, but I reckon that may prove the point even more, Stan Humphries and Rex Grossman
How am I trolling? Because I don’t support the same team you do? I like seeing the Packers get beat much like many take solice in seeing my own team get beat.

STO is spot on with his assessments and your history regarding SB wins with Favre and Rodgers close to back to back is appalling. Packers are the biggest under achievers of the last 25 years considering the talent they have had at hand.

If this is trolling to you so be it but I see it more as discussion which is what this board is designed for.

How am I trolling? Because I don’t support the same team you do? I like seeing the Packers get beat much like many take solice in seeing my own team get beat.

STO is spot on with his assessments and your history regarding SB wins with Favre and Rodgers close to back to back is appalling. Packers are the biggest under achievers of the last 25 years considering the talent they have had at hand.

If this is trolling to you so be it but I see it more as discussion which is what this board is designed for.

Its base. And below you both (hence why its a troll and not a discussion). Not even the usual cast of blow ins who hate on the Packers are interested in talking about it, cos even they know its been done to death every year since 2015, and everyone knows its true. Packer fans don't argue it, its pointless.

As I said, its the equivalent of AC talking about DiPodesta and Stefanski throwing the ball. Not worth the discussion anymore.
I hadn't gone to winning superbowls, I'd started with the easier hurdle of winning the conference, but your data proves the precise opposite argument to the one you're advancing, were you really not capable of working that out? How do those numbers make out an argument that good quarterbacks don't win the Superbowl? You've got six out of thirty years on nowhere near HOF worthy. Twenty percent of the time is the majority?

For what it's worth: Aikmann and Warner are both already in the hall of fame. -

I'm not sure how you think that arguing that teams can make a superbowl with a bad quarterback will make a failure to do it with a hall of famer better, but please by all means try.

Your narrative is equating HOF QB play to playing in the Superbowl.

They've had like 30 years of back to back hall of famer quarterbacking, and have only really played in like three superbowls. Two generations of largely missed opportunities.

I point out, that more non-HOF QBs make the Superbowl, than HOF QBs, during that same time frame. Considering that is your entire point, I'd say its a pretty significant stat. So I'll further clarify it for you:

11 HOF QBs played in a Superbowl (or "won their conference") since 1992. *I even included those Aikman types with questionable HOF resume's to not confuse you
22 Non-HOF QBs played in a Superbowl (or "won their conference") since 1992.

That suggests, teams are half as likely to "win their conference" if they have a HOF QB.

Therefore, your narrative of HOF QB play leading to "winning the conference" is actually, horseshit.

I honestly like the guy's passion. He wants to win and he's invested in working toward his team succeeding.

The Chiefs have a great team, but they obviously like showing off and styling on their opponents and rubbing it in their faces. Which is fine too, but just remember, when you do it, you open yourself up to taunts.

It's why people laughed when Antoine Winfield gave Tyreek Hill the deuces during Super Bowl 55. Hill did that taunt a couple of times in their regular season match. Winfield had the last laugh.

Mike Ditka told the story of the when he was coaching the Bears and facing the 49ers. In 1984, the 49ers used lineman Guy McIntyre as a fullback, basically to rub it in to the Bears. In 1985, Ditka remembered what was done and put in Refridgerator Perry at fullback.

Its base. And below you both (hence why its a troll and not a discussion). Not even the usual cast of blow ins who hate on the Packers are interested in talking about it, cos even they know its been done to death every year since 2015, and everyone knows its true. Packer fans don't argue it, its pointless.

As I said, its the equivalent of AC talking about DiPodesta and Stefanski throwing the ball. Not worth the discussion anymore.

Your narrative is equating HOF QB play to playing in the Superbowl.

I point out, that more non-HOF QBs make the Superbowl, than HOF QBs, during that same time frame. Considering that is your entire point, I'd say its a pretty significant stat. So I'll further clarify it for you:

11 HOF QBs played in a Superbowl (or "won their conference") since 1992. *I even included those Aikman types with questionable HOF resume's to not confuse you
22 Non-HOF QBs played in a Superbowl (or "won their conference") since 1992.

That suggests, teams are half as likely to "win their conference" if they have a HOF QB.

Therefore, your narrative of HOF QB play leading to "winning the conference" is actually, horseshit.

Except, there were people interested in discussing it, and they did in fact discuss it. And if Packers fans have conceded it, why are you arguing against it?

The number of times when a quarterback with a hall of fame, or likely hall of fame, career played in the superbowl since 1991 years exceeds 35 times.

In fact, that a hall of famer plays in the game occurs far far far more frequently than that one does not. There are only three legitimate 'no hall of famer' match ups (provided that we're not attempting to count Burrow, who is on the right trajectory but has not had sufficient time to build a legacy).

One could argue certain inclusions- I do believe they will induct Eli (I don't know that I consider him deserving, but he beat Brady twice in the big dance and has the profile). Wilson might just be sucking his way out of the hall, but he has a resume that would otherwise press for it. Even if you excluded them, the examples overwhelmingly support me.

There are relatively obvious reasons why counting unique hall of fame quarterbacks to play in the superbowl is not insightful:

a. There are simply fewer of them. Even on your numbers it would suggest a substantial overrepresentation (i.e. that they almost all appear, and almost all appear on multiple occasions); and

b. The very argument that you were trying to rebut was about repeat visits, and yet your measure does not account for them.

It turns out that hall of fame quarterbacks do win conferences a lot.

Rodgers / Packers underachieved. Sorry.

1991XXVIMark RypienMVPWashington RedskinsNJim Kelly*Buffalo BillsA
1992XXVIITroy Aikman*MVPDallas CowboysNJim Kelly*Buffalo BillsA
1993XXVIIITroy Aikman*Dallas CowboysNJim Kelly*Buffalo BillsA
1994XXIXSteve Young*MVPSan Francisco 49ersNStan HumphriesSan Diego ChargersA
1995XXXTroy Aikman*Dallas CowboysNNeil O'DonnellPittsburgh SteelersA
1996XXXIBrett Favre*Green Bay PackersNDrew BledsoeNew England PatriotsA
1997XXXIIJohn Elway*Denver BroncosABrett Favre*Green Bay PackersN
1998XXXIIIJohn Elway*MVPDenver BroncosAChris ChandlerAtlanta FalconsN
1999XXXIVKurt Warner*MVPSt. Louis RamsNSteve McNairTennessee TitansA
2000XXXVTrent DilferBaltimore RavensAKerry CollinsNew York GiantsN
2001XXXVITom Brady