Denver at Las Vegas LIVE
New England at Green Bay LIVE

MONDAY, OCTOBER 3 @ 11:20 AM
Kansas City at Tampa Bay LIVE

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 4 @ 11:15 AM
Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco LIVE

AUSTRALIAN T.V. GAMES
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 10.15 AM ON 30/9: Miami at Cincinnati
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 12.30 AM ON 3/10: Minnesota vs New Orleans (at Tottenham)
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 4.00 AM ON 3/10: Buffalo at Baltimore
LIVE ON ESPN2/KAYO AT 4.00 AM ON 3/10: Tennessee at Indianapolis

LIVE ON 7MATE AT 4.00 AM ON 3/10: Jacksonville at Philadelphia
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 7.25 AM ON 3/10: New England at Green Bay
LIVE ON 7MATE AT 7.25 AM ON 3/10: Denver at Las Vegas
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 11.20 AM ON 3/10: Kansas City at Tampa Bay
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 11.15 AM ON 4/10 : Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco

LIVE ON watchESPN AT 4:00 AM on 3/10: NFL RedZone

NB: VIC, NSW, TAS times
less 30 mins SA, NT
less 1 hour QLD
less 1.5 hours NT
less 3 hours WA

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Preseason:
Super Bowl contender rankings

AFC:
1. Buffalo Bills
2. Los Angeles Chargers
3. Baltimore Ravens
4. Kansas City Chiefs
5. Denver Broncos
6. Cincinnati Bengals
7. Indianapolis Colts
8. Jacksonville Jaguars
9. New England Patriots

NFC:
1. Green Bay Packers
2. Los Angeles Rams
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
4. Philadelphia Eagles
5. San Francisco 49ers
6. Minnesota Vikings

Everyone else good luck for 2023

Super Bowl Contender Rankings:

Updated after week 3

AFC:
1. Buffalo Bills
2. Jacksonville Jaguars +7
3. Kansas City Chiefs +1
4. Baltimore Ravens -1
5. Los Angeles Chargers -3
6. Cincinnati Bengals
7. Denver Broncos -2

Eliminated: Indianapolis Colts, New England Patriots

NFC:
1. Philadelphia Eagles +3
2. Green Bay Packers -1
3. San Francisco 49ers +2
4. Los Angeles Rams -2
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -2
6. Minnesota Vikings

Eliminated: None

Preseason:

Updated after week 3

AFC:
1. Buffalo Bills
3. Kansas City Chiefs +1
4. Baltimore Ravens -1
6. Cincinnati Bengals
7. Denver Broncos -2

NFC:
2. Green Bay Packers -1
4. Los Angeles Rams -2
6. Minnesota Vikings

Chargers are ****ed without Slater and Herbert clearly showing signs of still being injured. They were my pick but im ready to give up. What can go wrong will go wrong with the Chargers unfortunately.

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Chargers are *ed without Slater and Herbert clearly showing signs of still be injured. They were my pick but im ready to give up. What can go wrong will go wrong with the Chargers unfortunately.
Can't really split them, Baltimore and KC right now. The other two ahead purely based on results and health right now.

Tried to find any excuse possible to not put the Jags top 2 but couldn't find one. They have a better offence than those 3 teams and probably a better D too.

Can't really split them, Baltimore and KC right now. The other two ahead purely based on results and health right now.

Tried to find any excuse possible to not put the Jags top 2 but couldn't find one. They have a better offence than those 3 teams and probably a better D too.

I think the Ravens will be alright, slowly get players returning from injury still. KC will be fine imo. Shocking loss on the weekend, mainly due to bonehead plays, and if Chris Jones could shut his mouth when walking off the field on 3rd down they would have won even with everything else going wrong.

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think the Ravens will be alright, slowly get players returning from injury still. KC will be fine imo. Shocking loss on the weekend, mainly due to bonehead plays, and if Chris Jones could shut his mouth when walking off the field on 3rd down they would have won even with everything else going wrong.
Agreed but I still worry about the Ravens scheme defensively, they are still too aggressive and giving up too many big plays. They aren't built to stop Buffalo, KC, Cinci, and even Denver.

KC absolutely, don't take points away from them for the Colts game, but the Chargers should have beat them. Similarly to Baltimore's defence I expected KC's offence to be better this year but they are still having some of the same struggles as last year. Their D looks good tho and I've given them a rise based on the last 3 weeks.

Agreed but I still worry about the Ravens scheme defensively, they are still too aggressive and giving up too many big plays. They aren't built to stop Buffalo, KC, Cinci, and even Denver.

KC absolutely, don't take points away from them for the Colts game, but the Chargers should have beat them. Similarly to Baltimore's defence I expected KC's offence to be better this year but they are still having some of the same struggles as last year. Their D looks good tho and I've given them a rise based on the last 3 weeks.

SF +2 ? Didnt notice that... why? Shanahan sucks. Hes been caught up on. id absolutely take the Bucs and Rams over the Niners. Can probably draw a line right there in the NFC: Eagles, Bucs, Packers and Rams. Everyone else is ****ed.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
i disagree Niners and Broncos are super bowl contenders.

Jaguars super good selection. That D is looking all-world last two weeks, and the offense has a promising young QB and good RBs and WRs

No Miami is a huge slight. That D is incredibly good. How they stepped up vs Ravens but more so how they stepped up vs Bills in those final two drives. They were also struggling with the heat and humidity as much as Bills were, and almost cleaned them out with a couple missed INTs, but never mind, still went ahead and stopped them in the redzone regardless.

Jaguars super good selection. That D is looking all-world last two weeks, and the offense has a promising young QB and good RBs and WRs

No Miami is a huge slight. That D is incredibly good. How they stepped up vs Ravens but more so how they stepped up vs Bills in those final two drives. They were also struggling with the heat and humidity as much as Bills were, and almost cleaned them out with a couple missed INTs, but never mind, still went ahead and stopped them in the redzone regardless.

Yea I overlooked Miami, clearly should be ahead of Denver if not the Bengals also.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Ravens defence that surrendered to Miami had 3 rookie players in their second career games. 2CB & 1FS. All were out of position or failed to complete their assignment on the long pass plays. They will all learn from it and get better.
Returning to that team will be M Peter & M Humphreys both are ProBowl CB. Both still in their prime and form a top 5 CB duo. There is also last years leading sack champion (Bowser) and a second round pass rusher (Ojabo); still to play in that defence. The defence is actually blitzing less this year, just needs more quality pass rushers not on IR.

On the offence, they are currently down to their 4th string LT but the starter AllPro LT Stanley is in his third week of practice, probably back next week. Top RB Dobbins played limited snaps in his return and Edwards (Power RB) will return in 4-8 weeks.

Ravens should get much better later in the year. Likely to finish the year much stronger than their start. Not expecting Ravens to beat the Bills in week 4 but will be healthier by the playoffs.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Admittedly, Broncos (and Niners) do have excellent D's. And Broncos have a solid QB in Wilson (tho maybe not in his prime anymore), good WRs and RBs.

Not like they're horrible choices. But no Miami is a head-scratcher and Broncos/Niners aren't looking super either. Niners with Jimmy also very dubious given he's on the slide too.

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Teams cannot be added once they are eliminated. Miami still have to overcome Tua's weak arm come playoff time so I'm sitting comfy

SF +2 ? Didnt notice that... why? Shanahan sucks. Hes been caught up on. id absolutely take the Bucs and Rams over the Niners. Can probably draw a line right there in the NFC: Eagles, Bucs, Packers and Rams. Everyone else is *ed.

I'm down quite a bit on the Rams from what I've seen so far. Bucs I expected a significant drop offensively but not this big. They have potential as the Oline gels and the receivers come back, so I may be low on them.

9ers also lost Lance so that's an auto upgrade.

Broncos I will likely drop if they lose to the Raiders (and they are underdogs in that game)

As above, Miami was never a contender this season. Ravens scheme was always a bad matchup for their offence (that's part of a bigger issue for Baltimore that I've mentioned above), Bills should have beat them, but fell in a hostile environment. Sure props to the Dolphins they've been good, but they're not there yet.

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ravens defence that surrendered to Miami had 3 rookie players in their second career games. 2CB & 1FS. All were out of position or failed to complete their assignment on the long pass plays. They will all learn from it and get better.
Returning to that team will be M Peter & M Humphreys both are ProBowl CB. Both still in their prime and form a top 5 CB duo. There is also last years leading sack champion (Bowser) and a second round pass rusher (Ojabo); still to play in that defence. The defence is actually blitzing less this year, just needs more quality pass rushers not on IR.

On the offence, they are currently down to their 4th string LT but the starter AllPro LT Stanley is in his third week of practice, probably back next week. Top RB Dobbins played limited snaps in his return and Edwards (Power RB) will return in 4-8 weeks.

Ravens should get much better later in the year. Likely to finish the year much stronger than their start. Not expecting Ravens to beat the Bills in week 4 but will be healthier by the playoffs.
That's ok and I'm high on the Ravens, but I'm not concerned about the talent on the team I'm concerned about the scheme. It's still too similar to what it was under Wink Martindale mid-late last year (which was expected but maybe I had too much blind hope)

Admittedly, Broncos (and Niners) do have excellent D's. And Broncos have a solid QB in Wilson (tho maybe not in his prime anymore), good WRs and RBs.

Not like they're horrible choices. But no Miami is a head-scratcher and Broncos/Niners aren't looking super either. Niners with Jimmy also very dubious given he's on the slide too.

Is the Broncos D that good though? They've played awful offenses so far. Lets see how they do against some real competition first.

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Jimmy has played 1.5 games with no preseason. He's going to get better and the 9ers are going to be better. There's no way they should have lost to Denver. Not to mention Denver is unbeatable at home in September. They have a D (as you mentioned) that will keep them in every game, I'd hate to see the Bucs or Rams Oline go against them right now. The Packers would also struggle. Yes you and ADP might not rate Jimmy or Shanahan but it's not like the NFC is stacked with world beating offences right now

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
Also, Hollywood was excellent yesterday, if it wasn't for him the Cards wouldnt have been able to move the ball at all.

Thats not to say Lamar hasnt been better/great coz he has, just dont act like Brown is garbage.

Hurts the big surprise, I had high hopes for the Eagles this year but didnt expect this kind of QB play over the first three weeks. Hes spreading the ball out well, different receivers putting up big numbers each week.
Lamar has been amazing in the first 3 weeks. Putting up a great MVP argument

Hurts is being helped by an elite O-Line. He is doing what he needs to (which is awesome as i have him in fantasy) and as long as their O-line stays fit, Hurts should continue to shine
Updated to account for 2022 form ...

QB Tiers

1: Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Allen, Herbert
2: Stafford, Burrow, Prescott, Cousins, Watson*
3: Murray, Hurts, Jackson, Carr
4: Ryan, Lawrence, Tagovailoa, R.Wilson, Goff
5. Mariota, Z Wilson*, Winston, Wentz, D.Jones
6. Mayfield, Tannehill, M.Jones, Mills, Lance*, Brissett, Smith
7. Fields, Garoppolo, Flacco

How is Jackson at the same tier on Carr taking into account 2022 form? Tua should be at 3, Carr at 4. Jackson at 2. Stafford at 3. Hurts would be close to 2 too. Lawrence making a case to move up to 3 as well

Brady should not be top tier. I know he hasn't got anyone to throw too, but he's been average and not tier 1 so far
Preseason:

Updated after week 3

AFC:
1. Buffalo Bills
3. Kansas City Chiefs +1
4. Baltimore Ravens -1
6. Cincinnati Bengals
7. Denver Broncos -2

NFC:
2. Green Bay Packers -1
4. Los Angeles Rams -2
6. Minnesota Vikings

I was gonna ask why no Miami, but just saw your recent post

Admittedly, they got lucky to beat the Bills (40 mins to 20 mins possession. Bills went for nearly 500 yards and Dolphins only 250) but they keep finding ways to get it done....

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
Jimmy has played 1.5 games with no preseason. He's going to get better and the 9ers are going to be better. There's no way they should have lost to Denver. Not to mention Denver is unbeatable at home in September. They have a D (as you mentioned) that will keep them in every game, I'd hate to see the Bucs or Rams Oline go against them right now. The Packers would also struggle. Yes you and ADP might not rate Jimmy or Shanahan but it's not like the NFC is stacked with world beating offences right now

You're gonna see it next week and it's gonna get ugly :(

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
How is Jackson at the same tier on Carr taking into account 2022 form? Tua should be at 3, Carr at 4. Jackson at 2. Stafford at 3. Hurts would be close to 2 too. Lawrence making a case to move up to 3 as well

Brady should not be top tier. I know he hasn't got anyone to throw too, but he's been average and not tier 1 so far
Legacy/Career means Brady is still a top tier QB, plus he hasnt been bad this year at all. No receivers but hes still got it if you watch him closely, the arm and field vision etc.

In terms of pure passing ability, field vision, clutch is what I'm basing the rankings on. It's not perfect, players can be moved up/down for sure. Work in progress. Carr is still pretty top tier despite his flaws. Lamar is quickly racing up the tiers so far. Initially, based on previous years struggles and flaws as a pocket passer is why he was lower. But this season hes been impressive as a pure passer. Still would like to see him carry the offense on his arm more, get it to his receivers and along the boundary -- especially in clutch times -- and also see him acquire touch on his passes, hes too flat and hard a la Kaepernick -- before I keep moving him up.

Like, Murray is still a much better pure passer than he is. It's not about stats but the eye test, situations, circumstances, carrying a team on your arm, able to fling it 50 times a game, tight windows often, bravado to throw to the boundaries, clutch moments and downs, and have great touch, arcing balls up and over or up and over but down between etc

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Myles Garrett was discharged from a Cleveland hospital late Monday after being treated for undisclosed injuries he sustained in a one-car accident earlier in the afternoon, Jake Trotter of ESPN.com reports.

Garrett and a female passenger were fortunate to not suffer any life-threatening injuries in the accident, despite his vehicle veering off the side of the road and flipping over multiple times when he swerved to avoid an animal on a wet road, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network. His agent, Nicole Lynn, also disclosed that Garrett didn't break any bones in the accident, but the nature of the defensive end's injuries may not be known until the team releases its first Week 4 practice report in advance of Sunday's game in Atlanta. The Browns are scheduled to return to practice Wednesday, and it's unclear if Garrett will be able to participate in any capacity.

Glass man, most innocuous ACL ive ever seen

Sterling Shepard tore his ACL in Week 3 against the Cowboys and is out for the rest of the season.​

Shepard went down in a heap on the final play of New York's Monday night loss to the Cowboys. He was carted off and later diagnosed with another season-ending injury. Shepard's absence from the Giants offense will open up plenty of targets for the team's remaining receivers, including Richie James, who has functioned as the team's WR2 in the early going. Kadarius Toney, if he can come back from a hamstring issue and earn the trust of Giants coaches, could slot in as the team's new top wideout with Shepard sidelined.

Free agent CB Xavier Rhodes is visiting with the Bills.​

Buffalo has suffered a series of devastating secondary injuries in the season's first month, leaving them needy on the backend. In his eighth NFL season, Rhodes started 29 games for the Colts in 2020 and 2021. He had three interceptions over those two seasons. He could immediately play heavy snaps in Buffalo if the Bills sign him this week.

Myles Garrett was discharged from a Cleveland hospital late Monday after being treated for undisclosed injuries he sustained in a one-car accident earlier in the afternoon, Jake Trotter of ESPN.com reports.

Garrett and a female passenger were fortunate to not suffer any life-threatening injuries in the accident, despite his vehicle veering off the side of the road and flipping over multiple times when he swerved to avoid an animal on a wet road, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network. His agent, Nicole Lynn, also disclosed that Garrett didn't break any bones in the accident, but the nature of the defensive end's injuries may not be known until the team releases its first Week 4 practice report in advance of Sunday's game in Atlanta. The Browns are scheduled to return to practice Wednesday, and it's unclear if Garrett will be able to participate in any capacity.

Back