Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Honestly I'm giving up on those member surveys each year (outside of the chance at a free jumper) - they literally do not listen. Nobody wants extra compost and a pin that goes in the bottom of a draw. I've spoken about this at length before and it honestly feels like they just do not have any feel for the average fan on the street.
Yep, I can see where you are coming from.
In the last survey I suggested on numerous occasions that they should fire the ‘make some noise’ guy out a cannon at half-time for our entertainment. Then they sent me a letter of thanks and a free copy of The Shinboners..

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Seems like even the admin side has taken a turn for the best since covid.
Happy for the overhaul of the whole system and the eventual betterment of it.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Yep, I can see where you are coming from.
In the last survey I suggested on numerous occasions that they should fire the ‘make some noise’ guy out a cannon at half-time for our entertainment. Then they sent me a letter of thanks and a free copy of The Shinboners..

Wat about a TShirt Cannon?

Apr 24, 2011
Greek Islands
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah got the auto renew email today. Sneaky bastards sending it during the earthquake and live ppv of those bogans rioting in the city thinking we’d wouldn’t notice the ‘auto renew’ bit. It’s complete bullshit having to let them know every year you do not want to auto renew. Some stickers and a fixture fridge magnet would be nice.

1633480883757.png

1633480941035.png

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Swans with a million supporters - what a joke. Having been born and bred in Sydney, I can tell AFL house ask someone on the street which AFL team they support, and they’d say, oh, is that like the swans? Did that guy plugger play for them? 4.9% is the only figure worth looking at

Great conversion rate.
That's what I took out of it, we at least have casual supports into members willing to pay up
Swans with a million supporters - what a joke. Having been born and bred in Sydney, I can tell AFL house ask someone on the street which AFL team they support, and they’d say, oh, is that like the swans? Did that guy plugger play for them? 4.9% is the only figure worth looking at
That's exactly it, rather concentrate on the conversion into members

Still, its a nice thing to know, that we have some of the most passionate people around (not that it was something that we didn't know)

The supporter figure is very rubbery. I've been told that those surveyed can state more than one club (and acknowledge that this was told to me many years ago). It more likely reflects the number of people who are aware of that Club, hence most popular or most recently successful Clubs will feature higher. As an example if any of my family were to be polled they would nominate North but have never been to a game, watch a game on TV or even follow the results each week.

An important breakdown of the figures would be the suburb each respondent lived in e.g. Sydney have over 1 mill supporters, how many live in NSW and what is their game day attendance rate?

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

1634802929066.png

With plenty of exciting young talent already making their mark and the addition of the first number one draft pick in the club’s history, North’s journey continues into 2022.

Be there from the beginning.

The Roos’ emerging group is poised to take the next step forward, with the likes of Ben McKay, Jy Simpkin, Luke Davies-Uniacke, Nick Larkey and countless other exciting players wearing the royal blue and white with pride.

After a club record 46,357 members in 2021, North Melbourne is again out to break that mark and surpass 50,000 passionate members for the first time in its history.

You can be part of the journey, no matter where you live, with packages to suit those looking to watch games in Melbourne, Hobart and across Australia and even cheer on the team from around the globe.

With packages for our Future Roos junior program, to reserved wing seating on level one or two, general admission memberships, family packages, and AFLW memberships, there’s an option for everyone.

Our Membership Services team is here to help too. Request a call at a time that suits you and we’ll be happy to talk you through which package best fits your needs.

Our journey continues. Be there from the beginning.

Stupid me missed the membership call then I called them again and the guy said that the lady will call me back and now I’m waiting for a call back.

yay so excited to be upgrading!

memberships are a boringly name this year. no social club no premiership club no archers whatever... pagans patron.. Horne Heaven etc

memberships are a boringly name this year. no social club no premiership club no archers whatever... pagans patron.. Horne Heaven etc
I noticed that wtf

Has anyone had any issues with not getting a membership card for the previous year ? I called the membership department last week and said I never had one delivered and they said it was a supporter wide issue and many had missed out and it was unlikely to be fulfilled.

I feel pretty pissed off as have been collecting all my membership cards for 16 years now, and now the one year they make them digital and I ask for a souvenirs card, I miss out on the memento card.

Has anyone had any issues with not getting a membership card for the previous year ? I called the membership department last week and said I never had one delivered and they said it was a supporter wide issue and many had missed out and it was unlikely to be fulfilled.

I feel pretty pissed off as have been collecting all my membership cards for 16 years now, and now the one year they make them digital and I ask for a souvenirs card, I miss out on the memento card.

I'm not a collector as such, but I assume many people are and it's a bit pathetic that the club don't recognise this and fix it.

We all love our club but geez the constant s**t around memberships is frustrating. Seems to be at least one material error every year.

I recall saying a few years ago that if they were a normal service provider - and not one with which I have an unbreakable emotional attachment - I would have dumped them long ago.

I got mine, I actually got two. I received one but it said GA Level 3 on it when my upgraded package was Level 1 so they resent another. The first one the printing colour was pretty crappy. Second was better. But I’m sorry to hear you didn’t receive one at all!

I got mine, I actually got two. I received one but it said GA Level 3 on it when my upgraded package was Level 1 so they resent another. The first one the printing colour was pretty crappy. Second was better. But I’m sorry to hear you didn’t receive one at all!
I called up twice throughout the year and asked them for a card and both times was told it was on its way. But I never received it.

The bloke I spoke to on the phone the other week said they'd all done the right thing from their end, it was the supplier which hadn't been delivering on the order, which he was sorry for.

Back