Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Has anyone had any issues with not getting a membership card for the previous year ? I called the membership department last week and said I never had one delivered and they said it was a supporter wide issue and many had missed out and it was unlikely to be fulfilled.

I feel pretty pissed off as have been collecting all my membership cards for 16 years now, and now the one year they make them digital and I ask for a souvenirs card, I miss out on the memento card.

Same thing happened to me, no reason it couldn’t be done retrospectively given the last 2 years of membership have largely been a donation.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sent an email8 weeks ago to find out how the 2022 Membership was going to structured weather it
Was going to be on the ph or card no response mind they did send me an attachment on the email in regarding a voucher in June after I asked about the upgrade that I promised in 2020 and 2021 that I could show at the club but when you live in Phillip island and in Lockdown it’s a bit hard to get to the NMFC Head Office.
I know as member of this club and supporter for over 55 years you think you would be treated a bit better.
But I know I’m just a number and there is members probably doing it harder then me thru a loss of a job from Covid or an illness.
I just hope the resurrection of this club starts with JHF be named at 1 in the draft and improvement from all in administration and the players .

Why would they do that.....

Money first, questions later has always been the membership departments policy.
Because every organization I know does that. In most cases it is the equivalent of an electronic receipt.

Because every organization I know does that. In most cases it is the equivalent of an electronic receipt.
If I have an annual paid for subscription to something......usually before the next payment I get a courtesy email informing me that I'm about to be billed for my renewal.

Which from the sound of things you didn't get for your 22 membership?

I received my membership email on 21 September saying the amount would be deducted on 21 October. My receipt is also on my online membership account. Just login and it is there.

Mind you, it's the first time I've been on auto renewal.

If I have an annual paid for subscription to something......usually before the next payment I get a courtesy email informing me that I'm about to be billed for my renewal.

Which from the sound of things you didn't get for your 22 membership?
Previously I received both, this year I've only received the early email informing me of the upcoming payment and if I would like to make changes.

I received my membership email on 21 September saying the amount would be deducted on 21 October. My receipt is also on my online membership account. Just login and it is there.

Same for me, I wanted to change a couple of minor things so filled in the call back option and never got a call, but when I rang a few days later they were really helpful and efficient.

Previously I received both, this year I've only received the early email informing me of the upcoming payment and if I would like to make changes.
So you did get the email.....

i-give-up-i-quit.gif

I just checked on the website and I was able to download a copy of the invoice. Too much work. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. I received a courtesy email, not a confirmation email. I WANT A CONFIRMATION EMAIL!!! It's common courtesy.
How many reminder emails do you need!?!?!?!?

Surely one is enough and gives you ample time to make any adjustments if need be.

No no no...I need 4 emails!!!!!!!!

A courtesy email, a confirmation email, a warning email, last chance mother****er or you die email.

No. I received a courtesy email, not a confirmation email. I WANT A CONFIRMATION EMAIL!!! It's common courtesy.

Surely one is enough and gives you ample time to make any adjustments if need be.

A courtesy email, a confirmation email, a warning email, last chance mother****er or you die email.
Just kiss already

I only need one reminder email. Which I received.

And after the payment has been received by the NMFC I'd like a confirmation email. Which I didn't receive.

Just kiss already
Yuck! I'd rather kiss a sewage worker after a skinny dip. :D

First Home game I need to sort out my email shitshow; no email, account debited

And on a different note I received a long 3 minute sell for the $100 raffle thingo for 2022

Yeh nar
My card had expired so rather than call me they just took the money out of my sisters account instead (All accounts are linked, I pay for my families 4 memberships, she pays for her 1 concession membership). No email. No call to me to fix my card up. So nearly 3 weeks since I am meant to have started paying for my membership and nada. Every damn year its something else.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My card had expired so rather than call me they just took the money out of my sisters account instead (All accounts are linked, I pay for my families 4 memberships, she pays for her 1 concession membership). No email. No call to me to fix my card up. So nearly 3 weeks since I am meant to have started paying for my membership and nada. Every damn year its something else.
so you should expect it by now.

Shonky.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

So get organised and stop blaming an automatic process.

You know it’s coming, you know you need to pay, so put money in your account and/or be proactive with the club.

It’s not shonky, it’s poor planning by you and everyone else who is complaining.

if it happens every year, is it on the club or on you? It’s clearly not a surprise.

So get organised and stop blaming an automatic process.

You know it’s coming, you know you need to pay, so put money in your account and/or be proactive with the club.

It’s not shonky, it’s poor planning by you and everyone else who is complaining.

if it happens every year, is it on the club or on you? It’s clearly not a surprise.
The problem was my card expired. Not that I didn't have money. Any other company sends an email saying "you your cards expired please call", not take the money out of somebody else's account. And this thing doesn't happen every year, some years they randomly change my seats, some years they take people off my memberships. How do I plan for the clubs shitty membership department? Get off your high horse.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The problem was my card expired. Not that I didn't have money. Any other company sends an email saying "you your cards expired please call", not take the money out of somebody else's account. And this thing doesn't happen every year, some years they randomly change my seats, some years they take people off my memberships. How do I plan for the clubs shitty membership department? Get off your high horse.

Mate, we get along in person, you’re a good dude but what ya gonna do? Any other company, you ban them for this - I get that - but where are the alternatives? You gonna support Carlton?

Which leads me back to my original point.

If you fail to plan, then plan to fail.

I’m not on a high horse, I just don’t have high expections of them being able to organise anything more than possibly a root in a brothel.

We aren’t Appple, we aren’t BHP.

I just don’t see how this is much of an issue; your memberships are paid, your sister can be reimbursed by you (your accounts were linked presumedly by yourself, so not as if they’ve cut and pasted CC deets off a family member without permission)

So is it:
a) your fault?
b) fraud?
c) your carelessness about the expiry of a card (if it were a passport, you’d have updated it upon establishing plans for travel)
d) unrealistic expectations of a not-for- profit/put it down to LOL Norf Membership dept.

I’m going with your fault.

I know it’s not a money thing with you, the ‘Government’ pay you well, but if it’s not fraud (it kinda is) and it’s not your fault (it kinda is) - what is it?

After 15 years of not attending many games, it is and will always be a donation - the EV on football supporting is very low.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back