Game Day 2022 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

We've enjoyed a few premierships.

Ted in 96 we got off to a blinder kicked 6 goals to 2 or something in the first then got clawed back.
2005 i honestly thought we lost it when i forgot who it was turned it over to Cousins 15m out from goal
2006 was ******* heartbreak
2012 was amazing
2014 ehh game was over in the first quarter no real time to get disappointed lol
2016 well * we were tied with like 8 mins to go in the 4th then Hanners got taken out and i knew it was over then.

Fair ride cant be disappointed whatever happens this year.

Pretty satisfied thought we wouldn't make the 8 after the Bombers loss lmao probably more satisfying 9 weeks of a season i can recall and the most important thing? it looks sustainable.

Just realised something slightly interesting..

2014 Prelim: Swans win by 71 points, lose the Grand Final by 63 points.

2021 Prelim: Bulldogs win by 71 points, lose the Grand Final by 74 points.

2022 Prelim: Cats win by 71 points, Grand Final ???

North put up more effort in 2014 than what Brisbane dished up tonight.

Ted in 96 we got off to a blinder kicked 6 goals to 2 or something in the first then got clawed back.
2005 i honestly thought we lost it when i forgot who it was turned it over to Cousins 15m out from goal
2006 was ******* heartbreak
2012 was amazing
2014 ehh game was over in the first quarter no real time to get disappointed lol
2016 well * we were tied with like 8 mins to go in the 4th then Hanners got taken out and i knew it was over then.

Fair ride cant be disappointed whatever happens this year.
It was Ablett

We turn up tomorrow night and next week and we got this
Hope so even for neutral supporters sakes. Why? Reasons:

1) It'll be a classic game as it usually is when the swans play. Swans in a grand final is a guaranteed close game unfortunately.
2) Geelong Vs Swans is a refreshing matchup as we already saw Collingwood Vs Geelong in 2011 which was a snorefest.
3) Geelong and Swans are the best performing and most consistent teams of the last decade. It's quite fitting these teams meet. Especially since we are both foundation teams and have never met in the big one.
4) I don't care how many supporters Collingwood have, a swans Grand Final is always a ratings winner for the AFL. Nobody wants to see an all Victorian final (Aside from Gil).

Whoever Geelong's opponent is next week will be a heavy underdog which can be a mental advantage.

If you are an overwhelming favourite to win and feel you have better talent and form. Maybe you think you can turn up and after 4 quarters you have won the premiership.

But if you are the underdog, there is a level of desperation. You know you have to make things happen and get the most out of every opportunity.

Last edited:
The Lions midfield were horrible all night. Unnaccountable & really unorganised. A few times I saw them still pointing each other to position & looking disorganised as the ball was being bounced... Meanwhile Geelong did not put a foot wrong.

Brissie should have thrown a few hail marys. Swap up the ruck. Chuck Cameron into the middle. Something. Anything. But alas, it seemed over before it was even started.

Thing about Geelong is how on earth do they get their 32-34yr old players still going well and injury free?? especially how taxing the modern game is.

Every season they are the oldest team by far but they keep getting it done.

15 game win streak they are on.
Don't they play relatively bruise free footy? Ducking when the going gets tough? (Selwood)

Thing about Geelong is how on earth do they get their 32-34yr old players still going well and injury free?? especially how taxing the modern game is.

Every season they are the oldest team by far but they keep getting it done.

15 game win streak they are on.
They are a very well run club and deserve their success.
I am off to Melbourne next week regardless of what happens today, but if the worst should happen and we don't get there, I shall happily buy a Cats scarf and barrack loudly for them in a pub somewhere in the city.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I respect Geelong (still think they’re cooking the books) the love for them next week will be nauseating. Especially if we win, because they’ll be the only Victorian team.

If you think it was bad this week, just wait for the puke inducing stories about Selwood and Dangerfield and Wheatley gushing like a schoolgirl at a Harry Styles concert. It’ll be sickening but I’d love an opportunity to stop them in their tracks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
They are a very well run club and deserve their success.
I am off to Melbourne next week regardless of what happens today, but if the worst should happen and we don't get there, I shall happily buy a Cats scarf and barrack loudly for them in a pub somewhere in the city.
Me too! Down there for a week... plenty of time to watch the whole season again.

Whatever happens, our boys have done us proud!

No one, at the beginning of this season, expected us to be in a home prelim; most expected that 24 would be our year!

Next 5 years should be just brilliant!

Go bloods! :largeredcircle::mwcirlce::largeredcircle::mwcirlce:

Me too! Down there for a week... plenty of time to watch the whole season again.

Whatever happens, our boys have done us proud!

No one, at the beginning of this season, expected us to be in a home prelim; most expected that 24 would be our year!

Next 5 years should be just brilliant!

Go bloods! :largeredcircle::mwcirlce::largeredcircle::mwcirlce:
Can i give you a tour of South Melbourne

Hey guys, just popped in to say that I hope you win, as we're the two most respected/well-run clubs in the comp over the past 20+ years - and it would be a testament to that longevity if either one of us could hold up the cup come 5pm next week.

Good luck, and (hopefully) see you next week!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back