Game Day 2022 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

The only difference between finishing 2nd and 3rd is the home ground advantage for the matchup between the two sides. It doesn't change our path to a flag win or lose week 1 of the finals regardless of the ladder position or who we play.

Also just for the record, we finished 3rd in 2005 and 2012 and didn't do too badly.
Agreed. Plus good to get finals experience at MCG.

I’d prefer for Saints to play well and make us earn it so we are hardened coming into finals, while Melbourne is softened up against Brisbane and we strike them early.

I was going to swan in asking how everyone felt about our "guaranteed" 2nd spot, but tbh now I'm just worried in general.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Putting this into perspective: Took over half a season to finally get our best 22 right but if you were talking top 4 for us 6 weeks ago youd be dreamin.
As disappointed as anyone on the result yesterday but for some positivity..

+6 scoring shots, +8 inside 50s and we won on expected score yesterday. On another day we kick those we should have and win by a few goals.

We have lost 2 games all season to the top 9 teams on the ladder. No other team has dropped less than 3. Our best is very good and I’d rather have banked wins against the better teams rather than be flat track bullies, as that won’t bode well come finals.

We will likely start favourite in 6 of our 7 games on the run home, so it’s all in our hands. The good news is that we don’t play the bottom 10 in finals obviously so we just have to get there and who knows. Top 4 isn’t out of the question either with our run home.
Said that after our loss to Essendon, I’ll claim it ;)

It's a win win imo.

Either we play melb in melb and game some more experience on the MCG for our young side or we play melb in syd in front of a veracious SCG crowd and melb have to deal with sydney traffic
Sydney traffic will break them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back