Game Day 2022 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

My best mate who lives in Melbourne said he's barely been to the footy at all this year because he "can't be arsed." Reckons the lockdowns over the last few years have made people kinda hermits who would rather be at home watching the footy under a blanket than sitting out in the cold, travelling to and from the game etc for about 3 or 4 hours all up. Too much hassle. If he's going out on a Friday or Saturday night, it's to get hammered at Chapel St., which he maintains is as lively as ever.

Any truth to this hermit theory Melbournians?

My best mate who lives in Melbourne said he's barely been to the footy at all this year because he "can't be arsed." Reckons the lockdowns over the last few years have made people kinda hermits who would rather be at home watching the footy under a blanket than sitting out in the cold, travelling to and from the game etc for about 3 or 4 hours all up. Too much hassle. If he's going out on a Friday or Saturday night, it's to get hammered at Chapel St., which he maintains is as lively as ever.

Pfft, Melbourne supporters are all watching from their chalets on Mount Buller, enjoying a chardonnay.

PS: yes, I love a good stereotype.

so much of AFL is pressure. If the swans can find a way to get up a pressure it would be our to lose.

Honestly first team this year to find consistent pressure will win it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah people are out and about

s**t is just expensive and people don't have the disposable income to go to the footy anymore

Recency bias or has the game always 90% been about intent, pressure and attack on the ball? Think that was made the 2005 side a great story, especially with the run towards the end of the year and in the grand final.

IMO it has, because everything else like skill, composure etc flows off that. Talent alone ain't enough (see: us)

Lachie Neale carries their midfield so hard shame we couldn't stop him.

Am at the ground watching. Lions too tall. Not enough ground level players. Demons so much faster and they do cheat - they just charge forward of the ball

Having. May back allows lever to play on some pretty ordinary players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back