Remove this Banner Ad

Well that would be -
Laycock - Hobart to South Burnie
Reeves - Hobart to St Virgils
Charlton - Hobart to St Virgils
Plummer - Hobart to Claremont
Arnold - Hobart to Claremont
Adams - Hobart to Claremont

That from a side that got as far as an elimination final two years back and missed this year.
Almost in rebuild territory now, not sure thats where they probably expected to be so soon.
Sounds like the rumours during the year of a falling out up there could have some truth to it.

Well that would be -
Laycock - Hobart to South Burnie
Reeves - Hobart to St Virgils
Charlton - Hobart to St Virgils
Plummer - Hobart to Claremont
Arnold - Hobart to Claremont
Adams - Hobart to Claremont

That from a side that got as far as an elimination final two years back and missed this year.
Almost in rebuild territory now, not sure thats where they probably expected to be so soon.
Sounds like the rumours during the year of a falling out up there could have some truth to it.

This doesn't surprise me in the least. I was an old Hobart fan from way back and when I left to go to Melbourne in the early 90's the club was in a very strong position onfield. Came back in 2015, was really looking forward to watching them play at the TCA, even in just a local competition. Unfortunately the behaviour from the fans, a lot of them board members and reserves players over the 2015 and 2016 season was simply deplorable. Stopped going to their games. Gave them another chance this year as I thought they looked to have had a massive overhaul both on and off field. Went to watch them play at Lindisfarne and witnessed a blind drunk board member call a Lindisfarne colts player a f***ing dog c*** during their game, plus carry on all during the seniors game with some of the reserves players. Doesn't surprise me at all this board member was involved in the Central Highlands incident. What a shame. I used to love this club!

^ While Im not a supporter of the Hobart FC or any other club for that matter, I go to a lot of different matches in the three leagues in the south, I've always thought their supporters were quite tame in comparison to some of the ones I've heard especially in the SFL, that Lindisfarne balcony was disgusting at times and so were Cygnet and Dodges.
They [Hobart] used to be much more vocal and ferocious in their support and in a lot bigger numbers in the TFL back in the 90s.
Speaking of that Lakes incident, I spent a week up there recently, my brother has a shack up that way, did a week of fly fishing, drinking cans by the firepit, was a good getaway, copped a ticket from the local copper up there hiding in the driveway of that hall up there, was doing 30 over the limit.
Had a yarn to him, mentioned that so called incident and his exact words were "Johns (the licensee) started that, those Hobart blokes had no case to answer". Apparently that sort of thing is a regular occurrence at this pub on a Fri/Sat night in any case.

Been hearing persistant talk the last few days Kobey Phillips might also be leaving the TCA and headed to Abbotsfield. Be a disaster for Hobart if rumours are to be believed. That would be seven or eight good players walking out the door since the season ended.

Been hearing persistant talk the last few days Kobey Phillips might also be leaving the TCA and headed to Abbotsfield. Be a disaster for Hobart if rumours are to be believed. That would be seven or eight good players walking out the door since the season ended.
Kobey is Gilmour’s brother in law, so that would indeed signal a rift at the club

Haha numerous players now just jumping on hoping to roll into a flag.

Dosa have lost Michael and Jeff fisher to Triabunna
New Norfolk lost Caden Wilson to Triabunna

Have heard recently Fischer boys and Wilson were set to retire but talked into helping out a good mate at Triabunna who’s coaching up there.

I can confirm Kobey Phillips is definitely not moving to Abbotsfield, I've talked to him personally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back