NFL 2022 - Off-Season Player News and Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

My brain hurts trying to decide who is more irrelevant out of Warren Sapp and Colin Kaepernick
Well only one of them got kicked off tv superbowl week for bashing his partner..... Hint it was before anyone had even heard of Keapernick.

Wow, you mean Andrew Berry and Paul Depodesta came up with a bad idea????

I am shocked—shocked I say

Never in a million years would have guessed those “smartest guys in the room” would reveal themselves to be unqualified, in over their heads—hacks

I am just stunned :)

Is there anything the goat can't do

Cameron Diaz is coming back to the big screen.

After an eight-year hiatus from Hollywood, the actress will star opposite Jamie Foxx in the upcoming Netflix movie "Back in Action." Fox revealed the news in a tweet on Wednesday.

The tweet features a phone call between Foxx and Diaz in which Foxx tries to help with Diaz's nerves about coming back to act by connecting her with NFL quarterback Tom Brady. The seven-time Super Bowl champ announced his retirement from football in January only to unretire a few months later.

"I was talking to Jamie and he said you needed a few tips on how to un-retire," Brady said in the phone call with Diaz. "I'm relatively successful at un-retiring."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Athletic's Joe Buscaglia reports the Bills' coaching remains "firmly behind" Devin Singletary.​

Singletary stabilized the Bills' backfield all by himself down the stretch last season, but the front office aggressively searched for a third-down back this offseason before landing on Georgia's James Cook in the second round of the draft. Buscaglia expects touches to unfold the way most fantasy managers have prognosticated, with Singletary remaining the clear lead back on early downs and Cook claiming pass-catching and breather snaps. Singletary's upside is dicey in a pass-first offense that does not hesitate to abandon the run — or give its quarterback goal-line carries — but he is a top-30 option who could crack the top 24.

The Athletic's Joe Buscaglia believes "a trade shouldn’t be ruled out" for Bills RB Zack Moss.​

With second-rounder James Cook in tow behind starter Devin Singletary, Moss is the No. 3 back, at best. He faces competition from veteran Duke Johnson. Despite that fact and Moss' shaky first two seasons, Buscaglia does not believe he is a candidate for release. "I think he’ll be on the team regardless of summer performance, but if GM Brandon Beane has a chance to recoup a pick and has lost some hope for Moss, it would not be a surprise," was Buscaglia's exact line of thinking. Barring injury in front of him, Moss is extremely unlikely to offer early-season re-draft value.

The Athletic's Joe Buscaglia expects James Cook to operate as the Bills' third-down back and to see snaps at receiver.​

"Cook will likely mix in on obvious passing situations and when the Bills feel comfortable enough to use two-running-back sets and split him out wide," Buscaglia reported. "They’ll also aim to keep Devin Singletary fresher by giving Cook early-down snaps throughout the game." Despite those forecasted breather touches, Buscaglia expects Singletary to remain the clear early-down leader. Buscaglia's words jibe with those of GM Brandon Beane in May, who dubbed Cook a "sub" pass-catching back. That is his profile coming out of the SEC. Cook is worthy of a back-half pick in PPR leagues.

The Athletic's Jeff Zrebiec reports there is "a chance" Ravens CB Marcus Peters (ACL) is cleared for Week 1.​

Zrebiec does report "all indications" are that Peters "should be back at some point over the summer." Recovering from the first major injury of his career, Peters has made it clear he will be methodical with his rehab, but he has yet to suffer any setbacks. The preponderance of evidence suggests the 29-year-old will be out there for the Sept. 11 opener against the Jets

The Athletic's Jeff Zrebiec reports it is "highly unlikely" J.K. Dobbins (ACL) plays this preseason.​

On the one hand, it's not that surprising. The Ravens have zero incentive to further risk Dobbins' health in games that don't matter. On the other, it is vaguely concerning Dobbins' outlook still isn't a slam dunk 10 months removed from his knee injury. Dobbins made only a smattering of public appearance at Ravens OTAs, mostly being limited to catching passes from the Jugs machine. Although Zrebiec reported early this month that Dobbins could have his early-season workloads managed, we have yet to see a report that casts actual doubt on his Week 1 status. Fantasy managers can plan on the 23-year-old being out there for the opener.

FWrzVmkWYAM2QQ2

And he kept digging.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back