Mega Thread 2022/23 Off-Season Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Also need to be careful not to over-bowl Green, who has already endured back injuries.

Yep, Smith just confirmed in an interview after the game that the physios would have preferred Green not to bowl on the 5th day (even though he put in 9 overs).

Pretty bad time for a hit wicket by Butler. The Poms have been batting deep in the crease today though, I thought Stokes was getting pretty close to treading on his a few times as well.

I assumed the Stokes LBW was not out at first due to where it hit him (height). Saw it from side on and thought it was out straight.

Probably the first time since I’ve been watching cricket I’ve changed my mind on a LBW decision based on a side on angle. And I’ve been watching cricket almost religiously since I was a child.

How the hell do they drop Richardson after a five-fer if both Cummins and Hazelwood are available. Tough job for selectors.

Richardon's grandad is Oscar Howard. 1957 Old Easts player.

Jhye is One Of Us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on Boland???

Is it to give the Vics someone to cheer for and a local in the team

Will he be added to the list of Baggy Greens we have wasted on Victorians in the past 2 decades like the ones below

Clint McKay
Andrew McDonald
Bryce McGain
Rob Quiney
Michael Beer
Jon Holland

Although it's still early days Boland does seem a little vanilla at test level. That can change quickly however so I am sitting on the fence for a while longer.

Harris is the luckiest player in that side, the lack of in form options is the only reason he is still getting a game for Australia. Kwaja would offer a lot more although perhaps strictly speaking he is not an opener. Harris has not improved in all the time he has been playing test cricket unfortunately, time to look for a better option.

Although it's still early days Boland does seem a little vanilla at test level. That can change quickly however so I am sitting on the fence for a while longer.

Harris is the luckiest player in that side, the lack of in form options is the only reason he is still getting a game for Australia. Kwaja would offer a lot more although perhaps strictly speaking he is not an opener. Harris has not improved in all the time he has been playing test cricket unfortunately, time to look for a better option.

Khawaja has been treated poorly his whole career.
We have wasted his talents really should have played more test cricket

The intent Warner and Harris showed taking quick singles during their opening partnership was a good illustration of the mindset of each side. Also why did England leave Wood out of their side in Adelaide? He has the speed to bother any Aussie batter.

The intent Warner and Harris showed taking quick singles during their opening partnership was a good illustration of the mindset of each side. Also why did England leave Wood out of their side in Adelaide? He has the speed to bother any Aussie batter.
I think I read somewhere that Wood hasn't managed to string many tests together, maybe none back to back. They protect him.

Skallywag with the start honours. Law Connect got a horrible start. Rolled by the other two maxis. Black Jack screwed their rounding of the head mark. Gonna be interesting to see which of these 3 can handle the upwind slog to Tassie. Brutal wind direction. Gonna be a slow race.

All I can say is that a lot of weekend sailers would be laughing about the sailhandling skills on some of the maxi’s. The call of “get that effing kite down”, echos in weekend sailers ears, and the highly paid maxi sailers don’t just fluff it, they made me smile !!!. Geez even I can do that better.

Being a windward race, might allow some of the older designs, with good thumping into the wind ability (rather than downhill sleigh designs), to feature up the front. Maybe a S&S 34 ?. not Kialoa 11.

Go the Double Handers, love em. They are true sailers, jack of all trades. From the coverage that I saw, the handling of the Double Handers, was 300% better than the Maxi’s. Big thumbs up.

*switches on the test match this morning.
*hears that Andy “terrific bloke” Maher is going to be on commentary for a bloody TEST MATCH???

I think I’d rather spend that day knitting with the mother in law than listen to Andy Maher commentate on the Ashes.
Covid 19 - what have you done to us 😥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back