Mega Thread 2022/23 Off-Season Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

*switches on the test match this morning.
*hears that Andy “terrific bloke” Maher is going to be on commentary for a bloody TEST MATCH???

I think I’d rather spend that day knitting with the mother in law than listen to Andy Maher commentate on the Ashes.
Covid 19 - what have you done to us 😥
The superior Fox broadcast is unaffected

Meanwhile over on SEN, the high priest of Australian Cricket Gerard Whateley offers this insightful analysis.
Gerard: "There's such a big difference between a 50-run lead and a 100-run lead isn't there."

Um, no s**t Gerard, about 50 runs I’d say.

Meanwhile over on SEN, the high priest of Australian Cricket Gerard Whateley offers this insightful analysis.
Gerard: "There's such a big difference between a 50-run lead and a 100-run lead isn't there."

Um, no sh*t Gerard, about 50 runs I’d say.
Whatley is such a condescending twat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't watch a lot of cricket, and have the volume turned down a lot of the time when I do, but I have noticed that Ponting talks a lot and Botham hardly says anything at all.

What's going on with Ponting. Has he already seen a video of the game and knows what's going to happen before it actually does a couple of balls after he speaks. The bloke is a cricketing genius.

I can't watch a lot of cricket, and have the volume turned down a lot of the time when I do, but I have noticed that Ponting talks a lot and Botham hardly says anything at all.

What's going on with Ponting. Has he already seen a video of the game and knows what's going to happen before it actually does a couple of balls after he speaks. The bloke is a cricketing genius.

Ponting has a great understanding of what is unfolding as it's happening and the number of times his comments are correct is quite amazing. And he is not a smarty pants about it either.

Thoughts on Boland???

Is it to give the Vics someone to cheer for and a local in the team

Will he be added to the list of Baggy Greens we have wasted on Victorians in the past 2 decades like the ones below

Clint McKay
Andrew McDonald
Bryce McGain
Rob Quiney
Michael Beer
Jon Holland
lol. You so knew this was going to happen after you posted this.

You just know somewhere out there English cricket fans have a discussion thread talking about Joe Root as Captain (like we have with Fyfe).

You just know somewhere out there English cricket fans have a discussion thread talking about Joe Root as Captain (like we have with Fyfe).

I just don’t think he has the cattle or any support from selectors

Stokes is the only other player worth his spot In the side I reckon . Maybe Anderson but he’s not the future

Remove this Banner Ad

Back