Mega Thread 2022/23 Off-Season Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve had a look at Novax’ 2021 season and there is only a six week period in September/October when he didn’t play for a reasonable amount of time and could potentially have had Covid again. I can’t see any other explanation as to why he’s been given an exemption unless he’s trolling us and he’s actually vaccinated.

Craig Tiley is either woefully inept or he is being thrown under the bus here.

Remember as recently as yesterday he is on the record with his belief that covid within the last six months was a valid reason for an exemption. Yet here is a personally addressed letter from Greg Hunt informing him in November this wasn’t the case and in direct reference to a specific question from Tiley asking for clarification.

I assume the buck will now be passed to Australia Post to take the blame?

He applied for exemption on the basis that he had Covid-19 in the last six months. Apparently "The Herald Sun understands that three other players with similar exemptions to Djokovic’s have already entered the country without incident, and that the World No. 1’s lawyers are already preparing to challenge the ruling in court," so I wonder how much Djockovic screwed himself over by making a big fuss of his exemption on social media.

He applied for exemption on the basis that he had Covid-19 in the last six months. Apparently "The Herald Sun understands that three other players with similar exemptions to Djokovic’s have already entered the country without incident, and that the World No. 1’s lawyers are already preparing to challenge the ruling in court," so I wonder how much Djockovic screwed himself over by making a big fuss of his exemption on social media.
Definitely screwed himself by trying to keep up his anti-vax appearance

If he had slipped into Aus quietly this may have been nothing

There’s no way in hell Novak Djokovic quietly rocks up in Australia and doesn’t cause a shitstorm immediately around his vaccination status.
This whole situation seems inconceivable unless it’s been orchestrated this way. I would not be surprised to see the judge rule in his favour here now that everyone on all sides of government has paraded around in a show of keeping up appearances. Something is off, I really feel it.

There’s no way in hell Novak Djokovic quietly rocks up in Australia and doesn’t cause a shitstorm immediately around his vaccination status.
This whole situation seems inconceivable unless it’s been orchestrated this way. I would not be surprised to see the judge rule in his favour here now that everyone on all sides of government has paraded around in a show of keeping up appearances. Something is off, I really feel it.

Yeh seems very contrived. With the big public uproar Scomo had to come out and beat his chest and be the hero... must be an election coming up 😒

My guess is Novax will play, he & Tennis Australia will be happy. Scomo be make out he's upset with the Medicos who approved it & the Courts while maintaining the perception of being tough so he'll be happy. Everyone wins except those have been shut out for the last couple of years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the most insipid T20 batting by the scorchers... Cameron Bancroft kills all momentum at the start of an innings.

the rest of the team haven’t realised almost every single ball Bowled has been a slower ball or had the pace taken off it.
Poor coaching not to communicate Thunders strategy against us

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is the most insipid T20 batting by the scorchers... Cameron Bancroft kills all momentum at the start of an innings.

the rest of the team haven’t realised almost every single ball Bowled has been a slower ball or had the pace taken off it.
Poor coaching not to communicate Thunders strategy against us

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Problem is hes not a 20/20 bat.
He cant get going at the top
At 4, Hes one of those guys that will have a 40 off 35 but its all singles off the last ball when you have a marsh at the other end

Problem is hes not a 20/20 bat.
He cant get going at the top
At 4, Hes one of those guys that will have a 40 off 35 but its all singles off the last ball when you have a marsh at the other end
He’s not a ‘keeper either. So he’s batting and fielding out of position.

He’s not a ‘keeper either. So he’s batting and fielding out of position.
He may not be a top shelf keeper, but he was a keeper as a junior . Made his first grade debut as a keeper and of a few years ago kept regularly for Willetton cc ( probably still does) when available.

He may not be a top shelf keeper, but he was a keeper as a junior . Made his first grade debut as a keeper and of a few years ago kept regularly for Willetton cc ( probably still does) when available.
Dropping (or not even getting a glove to) that skied catch last night was embarrassing.

As a former keeper I can tell you those skied catches are not as easy as they look. Especially when they go straight up, likely to be swirling around everywhere and hard to see in darkness and rain.

Dropping (or not even getting a glove to) that skied catch last night was embarrassing.
Seriously, not getting to a skied catch in crap weather is not a reflection on his keeping ability. If had dropped the catch fair enough.
I don't think anyone believes he is a first class keeper, but as back-up he does a good job and allows flexibility with team selections .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back