Mega Thread 2022/23 Off-Season Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone feel like Cummins may turn out to be the greatest pace bowler of all time but a s**t captain. Something in the way he presents himself just irks me.
I dunno, I reckon a bit of mongrel has emerged in him since he took the captaincy and I like it more than the sanitised choirboy image he had previously. I’ve always believed a sporting captain should be the guy who can put the team on his shoulders and carry them to victory and Cummins is that guy for us.

LOL Italy. North Macedonia has the same number of people as Perth.

Italy missing out on qualifying for two World Cups in a row is crazy.
When I was at school they were a soccer powerhouse.
Yeah imagine 12 years between tournaments, that's a generation of talent that may never get to play in the WC

Who wins the final test today, I'm pretty certain its Pakistan and we've basically been rope-a-doped this whole series. I'm going to be so pissed when we lose despite being the better team for 65% of the series (have Pakistan even take 30 wickets in total?)

Who wins the final test today, I'm pretty certain its Pakistan and we've basically been rope-a-doped this whole series. I'm going to be so pissed when we lose despite being the better team for 65% of the series (have Pakistan even take 30 wickets in total?)

Australia would have been favoured for the win at the time the declaration was made but handed a significant chance to Pakistan by giving them close to four full sessions to get 351 runs. If we had batted for an extra hour Pakistan would have very much slimmer chances of getting up. It could be an interesting finish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suppose celebrity boxing counts as an off-season sport. Right?
Context.
Chris rock has previously made jokes at Jada's expense before, this time however was in relation to her shaved head and the next GI Jane film. Her hair style is not by choice, but due to a health condition.

Now, the hit was a slap, not a punch. Which is lucky for CRock, Will could have been done for assault, or manslaughter given his background and the training he's done over the years.

This follow up form one of the creators of C&H is wonderful though.

I suppose celebrity boxing counts as an off-season sport. Right?
Context.
Chris rock has previously made jokes at Jada's expense before, this time however was in relation to her shaved head and the next GI Jane film. Her hair style is not by choice, but due to a health condition.

Now, the hit was a slap, not a punch. Which is lucky for CRock, Will could have been done for assault, or manslaughter given his background and the training he's done over the years.

This follow up form one of the creators of C&H is wonderful though.

Probably will receive less of a suspension than Gaff.

Tame comparative to his previous jokes on Jada.

And less funny.
Potentially the final straw. And went after the person and their health, not the persona.

Can you imagine the internal conversations Will would have had on the walk up there?

"I'm gonna deck him"
"I can't deck him, I might kill him"
"I'm nearly there"
"Stuff it, I'll slap him"

I'm sure if gloves were being worn, they would have been thrown. It's also more insulting to be slapped, than to be punched. There are so many layers to this.

And again, not condoning either side. But gosh it's funny.

WA have started well, hoping we aren't batting too slow as this seems a batters pitch, don't want to give them a shot at the draw equalling a win due to batting second

Remove this Banner Ad

Back