Mega Thread 2022/23 Off-Season Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone watch the GSW v LAC game?
Great game.
Steph is brilliant.
Hope people temper their expectations on Klay too, even if he draws attention that's plenty.
I only watched up till a couple mins in the 3rd and he was horrible, couldn't buy a triple. Must have popped off in the 4th...

One of the reasons Daniel Ricciardo is one of the most loved F1 drivers. The bloke is an absolute goof. The race this weekend is in Austin and as well as rocking up in full cowboy getup, he also did an interview doing a southern accent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally the proper T20WC starts tonight when the big boys join in.

I tried to get into a couple of the early group games but it felt like watching community cricket.

One of the reasons Daniel Ricciardo is one of the most loved F1 drivers. The bloke is an absolute goof. The race this weekend is in Austin and as well as rocking up in full cowboy getup, he also did an interview doing a southern accent.

As the resident yank, I’ll say that was a hell of an effort. Not perfect. He needs to work on his twang. But, his southern accent is better than my Australian, which sounds like a cross between a Scottish sheep and an English bloke at 2am after 15 pints eating an Aussie meat pie. A right hot mess.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Get the feeling these extra few months of age on Finch/Warner are going to stop us doing anything meaningful this tournament. Those two are pretty much well-done

Extra few months? These guys were playing at the top level before iPads were invented. So disappointing not to see some exciting new batting talent openieng the inning in the shortened form of the game.

Get the feeling these extra few months of age on Finch/Warner are going to stop us doing anything meaningful this tournament. Those two are pretty much well-done

I agree both are past their best.

Finch couldn't even get a gig in the IPL and warner was dropped.

Is there a succession plan though who are our next white ball openers.

I agree both are past their best.

Finch couldn't even get a gig in the IPL and warner was dropped.

Is there a succession plan though who are our next white ball openers.
Phillips is one planned replacement from what I can see, not sure the other one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back