Mega Thread 2022/23 Off-Season Sports Thread

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Phillips is one planned replacement from what I can see, not sure the other one
I like the look of Philippe as well but he hasn't fired a shot at international level and he got 13 games across 2 formats in 3 different countries eariler this year averaging 15.

I think inglis has gone past him in the selectors eyes.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Philippe won’t make it at international level in any format any his makes significant changes to his technique. Technique matters less in T20 but it still matters enough that Philippe will never make it at international level. He shouldn’t be in WA’s shield side when the World T20 gets back either.

I’ve good as written him off for now tbh. There’s plenty of players who don’t look like making it 22/23, make significant changes then end up making though. There’s still time.

Phillips is one planned replacement from what I can see, not sure the other one
inglis i reckon, or think smith could be remoulded in t20 as an opener

yeah i did…your mob were sh*t.
should’ve won by 10 to guarantee that clueless campaigner got sacked
I for one think Ole should stick around for another 3 seasons, give him more money as well

Johnny Dalmas

Getting Old and Grumpy
Oct 16, 2015
Albany
AFL Club
Fremantle

Washington Football Team doing their best Freo forwards impression in the 2nd half here. Two drives in a row get the ball inside the 5 and they stuff up basic plays to come up with no points. And then throw an end-zone interception in the 4th.

I reckon Washington will be hoping that Miami and Texas do a trade for Deshaun Watson so that they can get involved and pick up Tua Tagovailoa when he gets squeezed out of Miami.

Troy Cooked It

Senior List
Jul 3, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lol. EAD Blueshite.
It would be a shame for you to realise going for Liverpool is like going for the Eagles 🤮 although I will say after years of watching the same shocking squad with 4 different managers do the same stupid things, no-one seems to be going after the bloke who signed all these players?
Marcel Brands at Everton has overseen over $300mill of investment into players and 90% of them are gone/injured or just plain shite. Needs some scrutiny.

Does seem a very dockery thing to happen though, the player Everton had, who we didn't give a chance to, let go for free, to come back and score a hatrick against us. Don't know why i punish myself twice with the two teams I support.

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
Just hear to say I love being a Bulls fan. We're looking seriously good so far. LaVine doing LaVine sh*t, Lonzo looks to be a great pick-up, DeRozan doing good sh*t, Caruso has been fantastic off the bench. 3-0 for the first time in 5 years.

Sorry to burst your bubble man, but the Bulls won't make it through my Bucks at some point. The buckys are not at full strength and when they are, they'll be tough to beat! I'm not a huge B-ball fan, but I'll be cheering them on this year as they go on to win their second consecutive title. :)

Speaking of great Wisconsin sports teams, the Pack and Aaron Rodgers are also causing headaches for teams. Gonna be a great Thursday night game this week against the 6-0 Cardinals. It'll be a great test! Go Pack!

greatgatsby

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2010
The Seat of Power
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Washington Commanders, Black Ducks

Washington Football Team doing their best Freo forwards impression in the 2nd half here. Two drives in a row get the ball inside the 5 and they stuff up basic plays to come up with no points. And then throw an end-zone interception in the 4th.

I reckon Washington will be hoping that Miami and Texas do a trade for Deshaun Watson so that they can get involved and pick up Tua Tagovailoa when he gets squeezed out of Miami.

They might need an upgrade at QB although I don't mind Heinicke. The real disappointment this year is the defence. Division's gone anyway ... the Cowboys (although it pains me to write it) might be going to the Superbowl.

I'm not ashamed to have jumped on the Warriors bandwagon 5 years ago. Steph Curry is the greatest sporting entertainment I've ever seen and probably will ever see. What a ridiculous game by him today
You had me at "Warriors bandwagon" :hearteyes:

We love Ole being at the wheel. Keep driving those sh*t campaigners into the ground.
This is elite from the travelling fans!

Johnny Dalmas

Getting Old and Grumpy
Oct 16, 2015
Albany
AFL Club
Fremantle
They might need an upgrade at QB although I don't mind Heinicke. The real disappointment this year is the defence. Division's gone anyway ... the Cowboys (although it pains me to write it) might be going to the Superbowl.
Cowboys will have some stiff opposition from Green Bay and the Buccs.

With the Chiefs imploding, the NFC looks tougher than the AFC.

MadDocker

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Solid end to the year for UFC fans. Hooker an absolute madman jumping in against Makhachev and potentially being locked out of NZ for ages.

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
Oh boy what a game. Go watch the Packers vs Arizona game if you can. It was old school smash mouth football without all of the stupid yellow flags for pass interference. Long drives and running between the tackles. Packers had so many injuries this win was predicted by almost no one. Go Pack Go.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Oh boy what a game. Go watch the Packers vs Arizona game if you can. It was old school smash mouth football with all of the stupid yellow flags for pass interference. Long drives and running between the tackles. Packers had so many injuries this win was predicted by almost no one. Go Pack Go.

Just watched the mini - that was a great win being so undermanned. What a clutch interception in the dying seconds!

I thought Packers were in trouble after that R1 showing following all the Rodgers drama in the offseason, but they're looking as good as ever again now.

Back