Mega Thread 2022/23 Off-Season Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

how good is Jhye Richardson, backing up his 3/38 in the first innings with 4/23 off 22 overs so far in the second innings. has to be knocking on the door to play in the first test

How much of Mitch Starc's selection value is in the help his footmarks give Nathan Lyon to aim at against left hand batsmen?

That's for right hand batsmen. Need the rough outside off-stump. England probably going to have 2 x LHB and 5 x RHB for the 6 batsmen plus keeper.

I really didn't even expect us to make it past the group stages, we're not usually one of the powerhouse T20 nations. Very impressive performance.

After what England did to us I held little hope... Warner came up big in the final and Marsh was dominant. Some of the shots Marsh hit he had no right hitting, let alone putting so much force behind. Great innings by Mitch, often a maligned player he was a amazing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw this on the twitter earlier about T20 WC winner Mitch Marsh...

If you're on here Ready, this is an elite pickup.

Green is telling the Brisbane bowlers they arent good enough to bowl to him, its awesome.

The first 6 he hit off Marnus he basically told him to get the fu** out of his face with his bat
Cam Green after Marnus got him out in the shield

1636959999643.jpeg

I just watched that wicket. The way Marnus carried on when the game was petering to an easy WA win. What a knob

I love marnus he is like a little school kid who loves the game and everyone takes the piss out of. Plus i love saying the name Labuschagne.

He can take too far though at times

After all the talk overnight about MMarsh's heroics Green just casually reminded everyone that he's the incumbent Test allrounder.

I hope the selectors remember it’s Twenty20 cricket not shield/test cricket.

Nothing he has ever done has shown he’s in the best six batsmen in Australia in red ball cricket. If he was close enough and his bowling was much better than it is maybe you pick him but realistically he’s average for regular shield batsmen at best.

He’s always been an okay, at times good to very good limited overs cricketer even at international level. Apart from a couple of centuries on roads last home Ashes he hasn’t looked close to international standard with the bat at test level tbh.

Let him play a shield game and the Aus vs Aus A game. If he kills it then maybe he’s turned a corner and it’s time to consider him (Ideally I’d want more red ball form behind him but that’s all he’ll get to prove himself).

I hope the selectors remember it’s Twenty20 cricket not shield/test cricket.

Nothing he has ever done has shown he’s in the best six batsmen in Australia in red ball cricket. If he was close enough and his bowling was much better than it is maybe you pick him but realistically he’s average for regular shield batsmen at best.

He’s always been an okay, at times good to very good limited overs cricketer even at international level. Apart from a couple of centuries on roads last home Ashes he hasn’t looked close to international standard with the bat at test level tbh.

Let him play a shield game and the Aus vs Aus A game. If he kills it then maybe he’s turned a corner and it’s time to consider him (Ideally I’d want more red ball form behind him but that’s all he’ll get to prove himself).

It's probably Marsh versus Green for the all rounders spot in the test side but Marsh is a better bowler (imo) at this point. Batting wise Green may be better perhaps.

Unfortunately Green seems to be wrapped in cotton wool with the way he bowls post injury. Hopefully there will come a point where he is up to bowling to his potential again soon.

It's probably Marsh versus Green for the all rounders spot in the test side but Marsh is a better bowler (imo) at this point. Batting wise Green may be better perhaps.

Unfortunately Green seems to be wrapped in cotton wool with the way he bowls post injury. Hopefully there will come a point where he is up to bowling to his potential again soon.

Nah. Marsh has almost played himself into the ‘never pick again’ basket in test matches in the past.

He’s always been a good limited overs cricketer. Chalk and cheese.

Green is a long way ahead of Marsh batting wise in the red ball game. Bowling is similar but if either bowls more than 10% of the innings then either the captain is a moron or one of our first choice quicks is injured mid game.

Australia's Ashes squad: Tim Paine (c), Pat Cummins (vc), Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, Marcus Harris, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Michael Neser, Jhye Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Swepson, David Warner

Australia A players: Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Scott Boland, Alex Carey, Henry Hunt, Josh Inglis, Nic Maddinson, Mitchell Marsh, Matt Renshaw, Mark Steketee, Bryce Street

No MMarsh. You'd assume Harris opens and it's between Head and Khawaja for 5.

Australia's Ashes squad: Tim Paine (c), Pat Cummins (vc), Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, Marcus Harris, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Michael Neser, Jhye Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Swepson, David Warner

Australia A players: Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Scott Boland, Alex Carey, Henry Hunt, Josh Inglis, Nic Maddinson, Mitchell Marsh, Matt Renshaw, Mark Steketee, Bryce Street

No MMarsh. You'd assume Harris opens and it's between Head and Khawaja for 5.

I think they've explicitly said Harris will open.

Personally I would have gone Usman opening and Head at 5. Harris I think is one of those guys ala Handscomb whos technique is good enough for domestic but not international level.

You could probably put Head in the same basket but I think it's more excusable in someone who bats at 5, not to mention he already averages 40 at test level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back