Mega Thread 2022/23 Off-Season Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if there's been many lower first innings scores in test match cricket to get an innings defeat.

I think we declared on 199 the first test match we played in New Zealand in 1946. We won by an innings and around 100 runs.

A certain Don Bradman didn’t bother making the trip.

I just don’t think he has the cattle or any support from selectors

Stokes is the only other player worth his spot In the side I reckon . Maybe Anderson but he’s not the future

Yeah he doesn't have the cattle but even so the tactics in the field have been ordinary. I have no idea what england are trying to achieve other then delay the inevitable by being so defensive.

To beat Australia in Australia you have to attack with the bat an ball. Go after Australia if you let things grind and drift along in the field here in Australia we will just blow you away.

Great batsman no doubt but tactically been poor

Yeah he doesn't have the cattle but even so the tactics in the field have been ordinary. I have no idea what england are trying to achieve other then delay the inevitable by being so defensive.

To beat Australia in Australia you have to attack with the bat an ball. Go after Australia if you let things grind and drift along in the field here in Australia we will just blow you away.

Great batsman no doubt but tactically been poor
Their off field leadership and the captaincy need to be questioned first and before they make comments about not having the cattle.

Their off field leadership and the captaincy need to be questioned first and before they make comments about not having the cattle.

Well appointing silverwood as coach was always going to be a disaster i felt it was a job for they boys giving the bowling coach the top gig.

For some reason i think England struggle when they have a home grown coach.

Maybe its a English mindset where they can be negative and dour when it comes to their sporting teams.

But i think England cricket best periods in recent times is when they have had a foreigner coaching them Andy Flower and Trevor Bayliss who have had success with them.

Robbed of two and a half days of sitting under the A/C, eating ham sandwiches and drinking beer........I am dirty on England!

I had a mate who had gone over to UK and had tickets to go to Trent Bridge in 2015 for Day 3 and 4.

Game was finished about the same time as this one before lunch on day 3.

After we were rolled for 60 on Day 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has to be my favourite stat from the England debacle.

Probably helps that the keeper is a spud.

View attachment 1302988

This is great too:

v7ov9vus2e881.jpg

Did the English cricket board assume Test cricket is dead when they went all out for white ball success?
It doesn’t look like many of the current squad have the techniques, discipline, mental fortitude or stamina to compete in long form cricket. Coupled with the skipper’s total absence of tactical nous and authority amongst the playing group you really have to ask if English Test cricket has had a lower point in history.

Did the English cricket board assume Test cricket is dead when they went all out for white ball success?
It doesn’t look like many of the current squad have the techniques, discipline, mental fortitude or stamina to compete in long form cricket. Coupled with the skipper’s total absence of tactical nous and authority amongst the playing group you really have to ask if English Test cricket has had a lower point in history.
The coaching/selection set up is questionable too.

They should make a massive play for Warne to coach them. Or Ponting. Or with Australia being a bit tentative about Langer, make him an offer he can't refuse.

The coaching/selection set up is questionable too.

They should make a massive play for Warne to coach them. Or Ponting. Or with Australia being a bit tentative about Langer, make him an offer he can't refuse.
They can keep their dirty hands off Ponting. He will be a fine Australia coach one day.

Warney is tactically brilliant but not sure England would be wanting someone so high profile and prone to scandal as he is.

They can keep their dirty hands off Ponting. He will be a fine Australia coach one day.

Warney is tactically brilliant but not sure England would be wanting someone so high profile and prone to scandal as he is.
I wrote the post yesterday morning. Nekminit;

Remove this Banner Ad

Back