Mega Thread 2022/23 Off-Season Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Show me 1 time in that entire game where neither the players or the spectators knew which way the free was being paid... its so far ahead of AFL its not even funny.

Show me 1 time in that entire game where neither the players or the spectators knew which way the free was being paid... its so far ahead of AFL its not even funny.
Umm because it's a very simple meathead game, of course it's going to be far, far easier to adjudicate lol.

I mean are there even really many different playing tactics where the coaching style and talent could make a big difference?

Comparing apples with oranges

Last edited:
Question for the group - does anyone have any insight into why there has been so many resignations from the WACA board in recent times, some even after they’d announced they were running for re-election ?

I mean are their even really many different playing tactics where the coaching style and talent could make a big difference?

Definitely. The plays are pretty intricate. Defences are so good nowadays it takes a lot of different tactics to break them down

Question for the group - does anyone have any insight into why there has been so many resignations from the WACA board in recent times, some even after they’d announced they were running for re-election ?
How is that redevelopment plan working out? How's the deal for Scorchers and everyone except small nations playing at Optus compare to WACA games?

The resignations are from the old guard who are unhappy at Christina Matthews running a tight yet progressive opperation. Not the worst thing to happen tbh.

Thanks - knew there were divisions over those issues but seems to have done to a head suddenly. Changin times alright. Here’s hoping the New guard are prepared to stand up for WA cricket and make sure all touring teams play test cricket here

See Jayden Hunt has found his way from Hell to Hell MKII. Anyone think Ed would give him Connors number to show him the sites? Is Blakey still mowing lawns?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

just saw the 22yo Munetaka Murakami hit his 54th and 55th home runs of the season, equalling the heralded and historic record of the great Sadaharu Oh.

there are 15 games left for him to reel in the all time reord of 60.

the guy is a phenomenon. he is the fastest ever to both 100 and 150 career home runs. last month he hit home runs in 5 consecutive at bats (across 2 games).

he is on track for league mvp and a batting triple crown.
moments ago 56!!! hitting 55 sent him spiralling into a long cold period but 56!!

he passes Sadaharu Oh. that locks in the triple crown too.

56 baby!!

good for Murakami to get the monkey off his back on this the 143rd and final game of the regular season. the Swallows locked in the Central League Championship last week which means they sit out the first week of the finals before embarking on a campaign for their 2nd successive Japan series.

Murakami is on 56 home runs (next best 30, 132 Runs batted in (next best 87) and will bring home an average of .317 (next best .314). that's the first batting triple crown in Japanese baseball since 2004.

The resignations are from the old guard who are unhappy at Christina Matthews running a tight yet progressive opperation. Not the worst thing to happen tbh.
Don't think the misleading media coverage helped - trying to paint a picture that it is a shambles when it is the exact opposite. Peter Law and co probably now realise they backed the wrong horse. Was a decent article by Daniel Smith the other day in The West though.

WACA CEO turns the org around both operationally and financially and wins 4 titles, including all 3 men's titles and the women's first and the boys club throw their toys out of the cot because it is all moving a bit different to how they grew up with cricket. Ffs they had a pedo as their junior cricket coord for decades... perhaps the old way wasn't the best way?

“In regard to the statutes, I was fairly clear up front I thought, to be honest, that even the great Dennis Lillee, it’s hard to have one person represent each sector of West Australian cricket.

“But if you’ve going to have a male statute there’s only one person -- he’s an icon in WA, Australia and the rest of the world when it comes to cricket.

“My suggestion, from a diversity perspective in regards to females and indigenous cricket, I thought from a female perspective it would be great to have a statue of Shelley Nitschke and maybe five or six or even a complete team who won the BBLW last year because that would resonate with young girls that play cricket now.

“They saw it last year, they idolise these people, but that was thrown out, they said it couldn’t happen. Whereas now we’re now talking about, from an Indigenous perspective, that we’re going to have the New Norcia team so the goalposts continue to be moved.

“I was fully supportive of obviously having male, female and Indigenous but Dennis is the icon and it could have been well achieved by having the WBBL team.”
this was from wood last week, i think there's a bit more nuance to the 'debate' then just old white men complaining about statues not just being of old white men

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this was from wood last week, i think there's a bit more nuance to the 'debate' then just old white men complaining about statues not just being of old white men
There's a bit more nuance than thinking it was all just a 'debate' over some statues. Board members that resort to going to the media to have a cry when things aren't going their way deserve what's coming to them... good riddance.

This Broncos/Colts game has been so s**t that even the fans can't stand to watch any more.

I don't claim to be an American Football expert but the youtube highlights of that game are 13 minutes of the shittiest offense you will see. When you think it's Ryan and Wilson at QB ... you just shake your head

I don't claim to be an American Football expert but the youtube highlights of that game are 13 minutes of the shittiest offense you will see. When you think it's Ryan and Wilson at QB ... you just shake your head

13 minutes is generous of whoever compiled the highlights to save everyone from suffering any longer. It was 3 hours of s**t offence. It was that bad the defences didn't even really have to try to stop the opposition.

Dire - but these aren't even the worst sides in the NFL ... try watching the Commanders:(. Their stadium will be empty at the start of the game by December.
I was wondering who you were talking about there until yeah name change.

Bears have pinched a couple of wins but they are rubbish as well.

Its Time Sport GIF by UFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back