Mega Thread 2022/23 Off-Season Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Travis Head the new AB Devilliers?

Surely he’s the best three format batsman in the world right now. I honestly think he’s on the cusp of being the best Test batsman. He has gears that most batsmen can only dream of.
Needs to learn how to play spin and away from home

Is Travis Head the new AB Devilliers?

Surely he’s the best three format batsman in the world right now. I honestly think he’s on the cusp of being the best Test batsman. He has gears that most batsmen can only dream of.
Travis needs to score runs outside of Australia before being considering elite.

He is currently in the Warner bracket - flat track bully at home that shouldn't have his passport stamped to leave the country.

Has done SFA so far abroad and been around for 4 years now.

Travis needs to score runs outside of Australia before being considering elite.

He is currently in the Warner bracket - flat track bully at home that shouldn't have his passport stamped to leave the country.

Has done SFA so far abroad and been around for 4 years now.
Warner is also allowed in South Africa to be fair.

Unfortunately we're unlikely to see the old WACA pitch again ever. The clay/soil they used to get in for it doesn't exist any more. Supply of that disappeared in the late 90's according to one of their old curators. They were looking everywhere in WA for whatever properties that old WACA clay they used had, including contacting the joint I worked at way back at then (Cockburn Cement).

It was super interesting when they came to us looking for it to hear about it all and chat with my tech lab guys but we couldn't match it with the gear we lifted up in our quarries and still by 2015 they hadn't found anything close to it either. I've had no contact with any of it since then but it certainly seems like they haven't found anything suitable.

Real shame but I think grass could do the trick in terms of spicing things up but I know little of these matters so I don't know. Whatever we do, just say no to roads!

There must be a way. I hope someone's looking at it. The problem with concrete/synthesised versions is how overly consistent and predictable they are. Even though they've got bounce, they become easy once you get used to it.

You're right for sure , lets work something out.

The Windies also need to work out where all their top flight tall athletes are going. All those old 200cm fast bowlers are playing something else now. I suspect its basketball given their proximity to the US and a few top line NBA players over the years coming from there but I don't know. They used to have too many, now they can't find a single one.

Unfortunately we're unlikely to see the old WACA pitch again ever. The clay/soil they used to get in for it doesn't exist any more. Supply of that disappeared in the late 90's according to one of their old curators. They were looking everywhere in WA for whatever properties that old WACA clay they used had, including contacting the joint I worked at way back at then (Cockburn Cement).

It was super interesting when they came to us looking for it to hear about it all and chat with my tech lab guys but we couldn't match it with the gear we lifted up in our quarries and still by 2015 they hadn't found anything close to it either. I've had no contact with any of it since then but it certainly seems like they haven't found anything suitable.

Real shame but I think grass could do the trick in terms of spicing things up but I know little of these matters so I don't know. Whatever we do, just say no to roads!

Nooooooooooooooo
I had never considered there might be a finite supply of the good stuff. That’s discouraging

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Warner’s manager’s claims end up being proven Cam Banfield might become quite wealthy. I know I’d be suing for millions if I was in his shoes
They all had a role to play.

Cricket fans aren't stupid the bowlers would know the work being done on the ball.

They might not have specifically known it was sandpaper but certainly that we were trying to get reverse swing with some tampering.

The biggest utensil-up was the whole team should have owned it and it would have caused less of a s**t fight. Instead of the sham of the investigation that took place.

I hope warner sets off the bomb in his book its what CA deserve really.

I reckon Brazil v Argentina might have been a better result for world football. But well down Croats

I reckon Brazil v Argentina might have been a better result for world football. But well down Croats
Nah it gives hope to all those countries with populations of 4 million people that anything is possible. My story and I’m sticking to it! 🤩😍

When you are a country that lives and breathes the sport, you can produce a lot of players. Look at Uruguay for example. A population of 3.5 million and continually over produce quality players relative to the size of the country.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back