2024 Off-Topic Chat Thread - time for a title update šŸ˜

Remove this Banner Ad

FXHh19MUsAA5rX1

Be funny if he wasn't already a millionaire :huh:

kind of makes me think of when the AFL decides to change something without thinking through the consequences :)

OTOH I'd like to know where they got those works. ;) I used to drive out to a tribal reservation where they were regulated for fireworks. I usually got one that was a 2 inch diameter cylinder with ten mortar bombs. They would go up quite high and make a display worthy pattern in different colors. Of course on the side of the cylinder it said "Safe and Sane" lol

Might be, probably get good stuff over the border.
In Washington state, where I grew up, the regular fireworks were very tame. Bottle rockets and whizzers being the most extreme. But Indian reservations are exempt from a lot of local statutes, fireworks, gambling, taxes, salmon fishing to name a few. Oh yeah, we knew where to get the good stuff. ;)
Looking at that link, bottle rockets are not allowed anymore. I've been gone 30 years from WA so things have changed a bit. We used to have bottle rocket wars as teenagers. :)
In Taiwan, where I am now, they've cracked down on them a lot. Too many idiots that caused fires, injuries, and damage. They have even less common sense than Americans. :grinv1:
But they do know how to party with bottle rockets - I give you the Beehive Festival
fun really starts at 1:00

In Washington state, where I grew up, the regular fireworks were very tame. Bottle rockets and whizzers being the most extreme. But Indian reservations are exempt from a lot of local statutes, fireworks, gambling, taxes, salmon fishing to name a few. Oh yeah, we knew where to get the good stuff. ;)

In Taiwan, where I am now, they've cracked down on them a lot. Too many idiots that caused fires, injuries, and damage. They have even less common sense than Americans. :grinv1:

Minneapolis is apparently having some fireworks problems... (warning, bad language)

I grew up in California, consumer fireworks there are very limited and in many locales, completely illegal. But there is a steady stream of stuff coming up from Mexico.

Interestingly enough, the large and longstanding Chinese-American community across the US West Coast seems to get some leeway regarding local fireworks regulations, as they blow off literally millions of otherwise illegal firecrackers every Lunar New Year.

In college, we'd occasionally travel to South Carolina, where firecrackers, bottle rockets, Roman candles and bigger stick rockets were legal (not any more though). Our subsequent bottle rocket and Roman candle wars were epic. :p

Minneapolis is apparently having some fireworks problems... (warning, bad language)

I grew up in California, consumer fireworks there are very limited and in many locales, completely illegal. But there is a steady stream of stuff coming up from Mexico.

Interestingly enough, the large and longstanding Chinese-American community across the US West Coast seems to get some leeway regarding local fireworks regulations, as they blow off literally millions of otherwise illegal firecrackers every Lunar New Year.

In college, we'd occasionally travel to South Carolina, where firecrackers, bottle rockets, Roman candles and bigger stick rockets were legal (not any more though). Our subsequent bottle rocket and Roman candle wars were epic. :p

that video looks like an outtake from Black Hawk Down :laughv1:
that was an amazing shooter he had in the car, never saw one like that.

that video looks like an outtake from Black Hawk Down :laughv1:
that was an amazing shooter he had in the car, never saw one like that.

I thought it looked more like an outtake from The Purge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back