2024 Off-Topic Chat Thread - time for a title update šŸ˜

I just read the format and it is very different to the men's.
3 T20s
1 Test match
3 ODIs

The winner is based on the points total won across all 3 formats - T20s & ODIs are worth 2 points for a win, or 1 point each for a tie, draw or NR. The test is worth 4 points for a win or 2 points for a draw

The women's ODI World Cup in New Zealand starts on March 4, and due to quarantine requirements for teams, it's resulted in a change for this series:
- originally the Test was going to be the first match which would have given it more weight as both teams would love to get those 4 points and take control of the series
- but they've bought the 3 T20s forward to start the series so that the teams can head to NZ after the series to under take quarantine
- so much like previous series where they've started with either of the shorter formats & the test in the middle, if a team can whitewash the T20s & take a 6-0 score into the tests (especially Aus), they can't lose the series and for us we'd retain the Ashes

Be good to see an extra test or two played in future series or even make the Ashes series based on say 3 tests. And they can still play the ODIs & T20s when the teams tour, but give better emphasis to tests

I watched our first 3 wickets before turning off as it was rather frustrating

Saw we were going along nicely before lunch so checked in to see the score, and about 2 balls later the above wicket happened

I turned off again

šŸ˜‚

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
Ordinary first few hours for the aussies!
tumblr_mwjfie2EkR1rfx3ffo2_500.gifv.gif

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Anyone know what happens to the draw now???

Im assuming Novaks opponent gets a free ride to Round 2. They cant re-seed all the players and do another draw right?

They just move two or three players around. Rublev will take Djokovic's spot as a top 4 seed. I think Monfils takes Rublev's spot. Bublik takes Monfils spot and then a lucky loser takes Bublik's spot.

Edit: Well that assumes Djokovic leaves before the tournament starts

Last edited:

Munich

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
BVB, LVP
Anyone know what happens to the draw now???

Im assuming Novaks opponent gets a free ride to Round 2. They cant re-seed all the players and do another draw right?

Draws are not redone.

5th goes into 1st, 17th into 5th.

Murray is a more recent example of a top 4 seed having to withdraw after the draw. He has done it here and at USO.

If a withdrawal is done after the order of play is released (Sunday arvo) then a LL fills 1st.

Good luck to anyone who works in the tourism industry. As if they needed another kick in the guts. International tourists planning to come here will certainly think twice now.

Surely if their paperwork was in order they wouldn't have a problem.

Back