2024 Off-Topic Chat Thread - time for a title update šŸ˜

Remove this Banner Ad

If you guys like playing sport management games, this game is currently on sale on Steam for $24, 60% off its normal price of $60.

It's quite fun. You can start off with an established tennis academy, or start one from scratch and try and take over the career of an up and comer, or an established star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just checked the score - 15-0 after 71 minutes - could've been 16-0, but Sam Kerr missed a penalty!

I checked in earlier when the Matilda's Twitter feed had us going up 7-0, like it was posted within 30 seconds of me checking the live score

By the time I flipped to the match it was 8 - 0, and the social media team was having trouble keeping up with the goals

Have to agree with the commentators after the game - why play your strongest team against a minnow like Indonesia when you can blood a few kids and give them a taste of things?
I actually like them hitting the first game hard. Just sets the standard and means they can try some different things in the remaining group matches.

I actually like them hitting the first game hard. Just sets the standard and means they can try some different things in the remaining group matches.
Problem is we did that during the Olympics, barely changed our starting 11 during the group stage and then essentially hit the wall come the knockout rounds

I think we could have still come out hard but used some of our newer players than we did - what was gained by subbing on a 36 yr old who had announced their retirement just a couple of months ago but was bought into the squad in a mentoring role? Luik is extremely unlikely to be playing in the world cup in 2023, so while I like the option of someone like her in a mentor role, surely that half of football would have been better in the legs of a younger player

Problem is we did that during the Olympics, barely changed our starting 11 during the group stage and then essentially hit the wall come the knockout rounds

I think we could have still come out hard but used some of our newer players than we did - what was gained by subbing on a 36 yr old who had announced their retirement just a couple of months ago but was bought into the squad in a mentoring role? Luik is extremely unlikely to be playing in the world cup in 2023, so while I like the option of someone like her in a mentor role, surely that half of football would have been better in the legs of a younger player
Need to have a deep squad to go far in the tournament that's for sure. And they do. I'm sure we'll see some fresh faces in the next few games. Main thing is to put your best foot forward, get the 3 points and an unstoppable goal diff. Then it's preparation time for the knockout stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back