BigFooty Official 2022 OFFICIAL BIGFOOTY PHANTOM DRAFT

Remove this Banner Ad

PICKS AND ORDER
IF YOU WANT TO READ THROUGH THE THREAD AND ONLY SEE THE SELECTIONS RATHER THAN COMMENTARY FROM NON-DRAFTERS, CLICK 'READER MODE' NEXT TO YOUR 'WATCH' BUTTON

If you want to read a specific player profile/ selection, you can use the 'Search' function on the top right of your page, and change the area from 'Everywhere' to 'This Thread'

Round 1
Pick 1 - Brisbane - Will Ashcroft [Matched Bid]
Pick 2 - GWS - Aaron Cadman
Pick 3 - North Melbourne - Harry Sheezel
Pick 4 - North Melbourne - George Wardlaw
Pick 5 - Essendon - Elijah Tsatas
Pick 6 - Gold Coast Suns - Mattaes Phillipou
Pick 7 - Hawthorn - Cam MacKenzie
Pick 8 - Geelong - Darcy Jones
Pick 9 - West Coast Eagles - Jhye Clark
Pick 10 - St Kilda - Bailey Humphrey
Pick 11 - Carlton - Lewis Hayes
Pick 12 - Western Bulldogs - Reuben Ginbey
Pick 13 - West Coast Eagles - Elijah Hewett
Pick 14 - Melbourne - Matthew Jefferson
Pick 15 - Sydney - Jedd Busslinger
Pick 16 - GWS - Oliver Hollands
Pick 17 - Essendon - Alwyn Davey [Matched Bid]
Pick 18 - Brisbane - Jaspa Fletcher [Matched Bid]
Pick 19 - Collingwood - Isaac Keeler
Pick 20 - Sydney - Brayden George
Pick 21 - GWS - Jacob Konstanty

Round 2
Pick 22 - GWS - Coby Burgiel
Pick 23 - West Coast Eagles - Olli Hotton
Pick 24 - Western Bulldogs - Josh Weddle
Pick 25 - North Melbourne - Lachlan Cowan
Pick 26 - Hawthorn - Charlie Clarke
Pick 27- Collingwood - Harry Barnett
Pick 28 - West Coast Eagles - Henry Hustwaite
Pick 29 - Adelaide - Max Michalanny [Matched Bid]
Pick 30 - Collingwood - Mitch Szybkowski
Pick 31 - St Kilda - Max Gruzewski
Pick 32 - Carlton - Ed Allan
Pick 33 - Fremantle - Jed Hagan
Pick 34 - GWS - Harry Rowston
Pick 35 - St Kilda - Harry Lemmey
Pick 36 - Port Adelaide - Kobe Ryan
Pick 37 - Melbourne - Nick Sadler

Round 3
Pick 38 - Western Bulldogs - Jaiden Magor
Pick 39 - North Melbourne - Tom Scully
Pick 40 - Hawthorn - Anthony Munkara
Pick 41 - Sydney - Adam D'Aloia
Pick 42 - North Melbourne - Cooper Harvey
Pick 43 - Fremantle - Jed Adams
Pick 44 - Gold Coast Suns - Sam Gilbey
Pick 45 - St Kilda - James Van Es
Pick 46 - Hawthorn - Brandon Leary
Pick 47 - Carlton - Billy Dowling
Pick 48 - Hawthorn - Jake Walker
Pick 49 - Collingwood - Jakob Ryan
Pick 50 - Hawthorn - Cooper Vickery
Pick 51 - Richmond - Phoenix Foster
Pick 52 - Essendon - Bailey MacDonald
Pick 53 - GWS - PASS
Pick 54 - Geelong - Hugh Davies

Round 4
Pick 55 - Adelaide - Jonti Schuback
Pick 56 - Port Adelaide - Ryan Eyers
Pick 57 - GWS - PASS
Pick 58 - Essendon - Jack O’Sullivan
Pick 59 - Richmond - Harvey Gallagher
Pick 60 - Geelong - Lachlan Scannell
Pick 61 - Adelaide - Will Verrall
Pick 62 - Hawthorn - Jerome Lawrence
Pick 63 - Carlton - Blake Drury
Pick 64 - Fremantle - Jaxon Binns
Pick 65 - Essendon - Jayden Davey
Pick 66 - Western Bulldogs - Ethan Phillips
Pick 67 - North Melbourne - PASS
Pick 68 - Gold Coast Suns - Josh Draper
Pick 69 - Essendon - PASS
Pick 70 - Gold Coast Suns - Tyrell Dewar
Pick 71 - Sydney - PASS
Pick 72 - Fremantle - Noah Long

Round 5 (To get teams to 3 picks)
Pick 73 - Port Adelaide - Kyle Marshall
Pick 74 - Richmond - Luke Teal
Pick 75 - Melbourne - Harry Cole
Pick 76 - Brisbane - Tom McCallum

BID Matching details
Pick 1 Will Ashcroft - Brisbane use Picks 34,35,36,38,55 and take on a 150 point deficit for 2023

Pick 17 Alwyn Davey - Essendon use Pick 23 to match

Pick 18 Jaspa Fletcher - Brisbane have no picks with points, so take on a bigger deficit with the Ashcroft one

Pick 29 Max Michalanny- Adelaide use 44 and 53 to match, 53 moves to 61

2023 MINI DRAFT ORDER
Pick 1 - North Melbourne - Harley Reid
Pick 2 - West Coast Eagles - Daniel Curtin
Pick 3 - GWS - Ashton Moir
Pick 4 - Essendon - Nick Watson
Pick 5 - Adelaide - Zane Duursma
Pick 6 - Gold Coast Suns - Jed Walter [MATCHED Bid]
Pick 7 - Hawthorn - Archer Reid
Pick 8 - North Melbourne (From Port Adelaide) - Nate Caddy
Pick 9 - St Kilda - Koltyn Tholstrup
Pick 10 - Carlton - Riley Hardeman
Pick 11 - Western Bulldogs - Jack Delean
Pick 12 - GWS (From Richmond) - Will Lorenz
Pick 13 - Melbourne (From Fremantle) - Sam Frangalas
Pick 14 - Melbourne - Nathan Philactides
Pick 15 - Western Bulldogs (From Brisbane) - Will Patton
Pick 16 - Collingwood - Cooper Simpson
Pick 17 - Sydney - Riak Andrew
Pick 18 - Geelong - Jayden Matz

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 18 - Jaspa Fletcher
Pick #18 Collingwood bid on Jaspa Fletcher

TDS7 you willing to take him or reckon there's better at Pick 69?
I'm tempted to not match, just because if a bid comes this high I don't know how the Lions do it without destroying their picks next year. However, briztoon and blueiris scare me, so I'll match and go into another deficit for next year.

BID MATCHED: PICK 18 Jaspa Fletcher

Jaspa Fletcher | 184cm 73kgs | Outside Midfielder

The forgotten son of the Brisbane Lions 2022 AFL Draft rort, "Jaspa" defies all connotations his name may have and brings class, cleanliness, and a sharp footy mind to a Lions team bursting at the seams with classy, skillful midfielders with clean hands. At the moment, Fletcher is a wiry wingman with the burst speed and smooth boot to rip apart a defensive line. He takes contact well for a lightweight midfielder, but without a few kegs and a few years in the system he won't be attending any centre bounces. His skills are sharp around the ground, he takes his chances on a few riskier kicks and pulls them off at a decent clip without being extraordinary. Going inside 50, his skills start to shine and the old 40-meter run 60-meter kick will become a defining tool as he makes his way into the Lions side. Not a natural accumulator like his father-son peer Ashcroft, what Jaspa lacks in ball winning he makes up for in damage and penetration both by hand and foot. If I had to compare him to a player, I'm looking at Karl Amon as a speedy outside midfielder with clean skills and effective disposal going inside 50.

Pie 4 Life let's do this for real now mate.

Last edited:
Pick 19 - Isaac Keeler
Michalanney now Pie 4 Life ?
Soon. I thought about it. But I'll instead go for the South Australian tall I'm willing to take a punt on.

Pick 19 - Collingwood selects Isaac Keeler (North Adelaide/South Australia)

Position:
Key Forward/Ruck
Height: 198cm
Weight: 88kg

Reasoning:

There is little doubt that on pure talent and upside, Keeler is up there with the best in this draft. Can he fulfil that potential at AFL level? Yet to be seen obviously, but I'd rather take the punt on the player that could be incredible, and for me that is Keeler. I thought about a few options here (tall and small) but think I've got more chance of one of them squeezing through to my next selection.

Draft Profile:

There’s not a lot of things on a football field that Isaac Keeler can’t do. The mercurial forward/ruck continues to flash the x-factor and match-winning ability that brings fans to games. Keeler has put together patches of brilliance throughout the year, most recently in the SANFL U18 Semi Final against Norwood. Keeler’s start to the second half set the tone for his side and his dominance through the middle and around the ground helped turn a quarter time deficit into a comfortable victory.

Spending large periods through the ruck for North Adelaide this season, Keeler does his best work as an extra midfielder in that part of the ground. His ability to read the opposing ruckman’s tap and win his own clearance helps shake up the midfield mix for his side. A capable leaper too, Keeler can rise above the opposition ruck and get first hand to the football. Averaging a touch under 18 disposals a game this season is a testament to his ability to win possession around the ground. Keeler is equally dangerous inside 50 where he’s a threat on the lead, in the air and below his knees.

Isaac Keeler looks to have one of the highest ceilings of any prospect in this year's draft pool. The 198cm talent from Port Augusta teases a rare combination of athleticism, mobility and skill for a player his size. A tough cover on the lead due to his range and speed, Keeler comfortably gets separation from his opponent, with few defenders in the SANFL Under 18 competition able to stay with him. Poor entries inside 50 won't take him out of the contest, with his ability to collect the ball cleanly below his knees and finish around his body, Keeler has the skillset of a small forward in a key forward's body.

Technically gifted, Keeler is a capable set shot goalkicker who can easily cover the distance from beyond the 50 metre arc. This natural ability to use the football also extends to his field kicking, where his ball use around the ground is of a quality rarely seen in a player his size.

Keeler's exploits in the ruck have been somewhat of a mixed bag at this stage. While he has a big enough leap to compete for the hitouts, he hasn't yet embraced the physical nature of the ruck battle, leading to some varied results for him in that part of the ground. Where he looks most comfortable in that role is in his ability to read the opposing ruckman's hit-outs and contribute as an extra midfield option. Keeler's size and athleticism are again a major advantage for him and he's more than capable of winning clearances and kicking his side into attack. Outside of the ruck contest, Keeler has demonstrated his ability to accumulate the football around the ground, where his teammates trust him with ball in hand.

Whilst his size and athleticism is a strength, adding more physicality to his game will help Keeler take his football to the next level. At times he can be too easily moved out of a marking contest and when denied a clean run and jump at the football, Keeler struggles to bring the ball to ground. Improving his physicality would likely see further development in his ruck craft and if he can become a consistent contested marking threat, Keeler would be well on his way to reaching his ceiling as a footballer. Although he may be a few years away from being AFL-ready, the upside with Keeler makes him one of the more intriguing prospects in this year's crop.

eDPS

Soon. I thought about it. But I'll instead go for the South Australian tall I'm willing to take a punt on.

Pick 19 - Collingwood selects Isaac Keeler (North Adelaide/South Australia)

Position:
Key Forward/Ruck
Height: 198cm
Weight: 88kg

Reasoning:

There is little doubt that on pure talent and upside, Keeler is up there with the best in this draft. Can he fulfil that potential at AFL level? Yet to be seen obviously, but I'd rather take the punt on the player that could be incredible, and for me that is Keeler. I thought about a few options here (tall and small) but think I've got more chance of one of them squeezing through to my next selection.

Draft Profile:

There’s not a lot of things on a football field that Isaac Keeler can’t do. The mercurial forward/ruck continues to flash the x-factor and match-winning ability that brings fans to games. Keeler has put together patches of brilliance throughout the year, most recently in the SANFL U18 Semi Final against Norwood. Keeler’s start to the second half set the tone for his side and his dominance through the middle and around the ground helped turn a quarter time deficit into a comfortable victory.

Spending large periods through the ruck for North Adelaide this season, Keeler does his best work as an extra midfielder in that part of the ground. His ability to read the opposing ruckman’s tap and win his own clearance helps shake up the midfield mix for his side. A capable leaper too, Keeler can rise above the opposition ruck and get first hand to the football. Averaging a touch under 18 disposals a game this season is a testament to his ability to win possession around the ground. Keeler is equally dangerous inside 50 where he’s a threat on the lead, in the air and below his knees.

Isaac Keeler looks to have one of the highest ceilings of any prospect in this year's draft pool. The 198cm talent from Port Augusta teases a rare combination of athleticism, mobility and skill for a player his size. A tough cover on the lead due to his range and speed, Keeler comfortably gets separation from his opponent, with few defenders in the SANFL Under 18 competition able to stay with him. Poor entries inside 50 won't take him out of the contest, with his ability to collect the ball cleanly below his knees and finish around his body, Keeler has the skillset of a small forward in a key forward's body.

Technically gifted, Keeler is a capable set shot goalkicker who can easily cover the distance from beyond the 50 metre arc. This natural ability to use the football also extends to his field kicking, where his ball use around the ground is of a quality rarely seen in a player his size.

Keeler's exploits in the ruck have been somewhat of a mixed bag at this stage. While he has a big enough leap to compete for the hitouts, he hasn't yet embraced the physical nature of the ruck battle, leading to some varied results for him in that part of the ground. Where he looks most comfortable in that role is in his ability to read the opposing ruckman's hit-outs and contribute as an extra midfield option. Keeler's size and athleticism are again a major advantage for him and he's more than capable of winning clearances and kicking his side into attack. Outside of the ruck contest, Keeler has demonstrated his ability to accumulate the football around the ground, where his teammates trust him with ball in hand.

Whilst his size and athleticism is a strength, adding more physicality to his game will help Keeler take his football to the next level. At times he can be too easily moved out of a marking contest and when denied a clean run and jump at the football, Keeler struggles to bring the ball to ground. Improving his physicality would likely see further development in his ruck craft and if he can become a consistent contested marking threat, Keeler would be well on his way to reaching his ceiling as a footballer. Although he may be a few years away from being AFL-ready, the upside with Keeler makes him one of the more intriguing prospects in this year's crop.

eDPS
ModernArtillery to match their NGA prospect?

Oh wait.

Pick 20 - Brayden George
Pick 20 - Sydney - Brayden George
185cm - Medium Forward

A tough choice but made easier with Swans having 2 picks here and can afford the risk. George was on track for the top 10 but injury and then an ACL heavily effected his draft year but at his best he was one of the most damaging players in the draft and a tough matchup with his power and forward craft, there isn’t many powerful pure medium forwards in the AFL with many of those types also midfielders and a lack of midfield time does effect his value. George won’t play next year but could hit the ground running and play AFL early in 2024.

Players considered: Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
Your lucky, I’d call you much worse after your little stunt
salt salting GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back