Fantasy 2022 - OMEGA League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone wants to trade away an early-mid 3rd for my 2023 3rd let me know, so i can think about it.

You've got the next two picks, how many thirds does a single exe file need?

Based on draft board situation, i MAY feel like one more there. But i also gotta learn to do the best with what ive got.

spoil yourself, trade for the entire round.

He has to 1) get playing time 2) play well 3) win Atlanta games (so they aren’t in a position to take a decent QB in the 2023 draft).

It’s an uphill battle

Hell get playing time guaranteed. Likely the first QB out of all the rookies to start a game this year imo.

We'll start Mariota for a bit and then swap to Ridder. Upside is all there, only issue is he plays for the Falcons.
they'll want to get a good look at Ridder before heading into next offseason, Smith knows Mariota is garbage from his time in Tennessee. By week 5 I reckon Ridder is starting.

Reports seem to suggest Corral is a mile off it at the moment and Ridder is impressing.
I always reckon whatever the coaches say in camp is the opposite. When they praise a player, or say hes the standout at camp, it's because he's struggling a bit and they're trying to instill confidence, like a participation award. And when they criticize a player (his intensity, or drops, etc), it's because he's doing great but they're trying to push him to be better, not get complacent.

Just my theory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always reckon whatever the coaches say in camp is the opposite. When they praise a player, or say hes the standout at camp, it's because he's struggling a bit and they're trying to instill confidence, like a participation award. And when they criticize a player (his intensity, or drops, etc), it's because he's doing great but they're trying to push him to be better, not get complacent.

Just my theory.

My theory is when they say they are struggling they usually are, everyone seems to get positive reports so negative ones stick out like a sore thumb.

McAdoo said Corral was miles behind in stuff like controlling the huddle and relaying the correct play call in a timely manner. Ridder played in a more pro ready system at Cinci.

I doubt Corral sees the field before week 10 unless Darnold gets injured. They wouldnt still be interested in Baker if Corral was showing signs that hes ready to start imo.

Last edited:
Burks is the interesting one, media and coaches seem to suggest hes also miles off it at the moment, ive read reports that suggest he'd be the Titans WR3 right now.

i.e., he's absolutely killing it.

Hasn't been on the field enough to be killing it, missing days in OTAs ... struggling with asthma and fitness and route running.

Hasn't been on the field enough to be killing it, missing days in OTAs ... struggling with asthma and fitness and route running.
This off seasons Jamarr Chase?

My theory is when they say they are struggling they usually are, everyone seems to get positive reports so negative ones stick out like a sore thumb.

McAdoo said Corral was miles behind in stuff like controlling the huddle and relaying the correct play call in a timely manner. Ridder played in a more pro ready system at Cinci.

I doubt Corral sees the field before week 10 unless Darnold gets injured. They wouldnt still be interested in Baker if Corral was showing signs that hes ready to start imo.
Something specific like that, maybe it's true but Corral is doing really well in many other regards. Still lights a fire under him. Not like that bit of detail means he's struggling and sucks at everything else. I can see that tho...controlling the huddle and reciting the playcall quickly. Like Chris Simms struggling with Gruden. Learning a new offense, new jargon, perhaps is all. Anyway, all the rookie QBs are s**t this year and so they're all bound to struggle with various aspects in mini-camp and training camp for sure.

This off seasons Jamarr Chase?

Chases issues were drops. Cant remember them saying anything about his fitness or routes and missing time at OTA's

I like Burks a lot, just seems hes behind the 8 ball right now, adjusting to what is expected as a pro from a fitness standpoint,

Should get plenty of opportunities to prove his worth while Woods is out to start the season

I like Burks a lot, just seems hes behind the 8 ball right now, adjusting to what is expected as a pro from a fitness standpoint,

Should get plenty of opportunities to prove his worth while Woods is out to start the season
It's probably true. Burks is a bigger boned type of athlete, so a niggling injury, or health concerns, limiting his time on a field exercising and in the weight room, probably sees him gaining fat, slower metabolism.

choose your own adventure...

The Athletic's Josh Kendall writes that "it sure sounds like third-round draft pick Desmond Ridder is going to make a competition" out of quarterback at training camp.​

Arthur Smith has been impressed and complimentary of Ridder in OTAs and minicamp, and while we already knew that Ridder would likely be starting at some point, this could be a Russell Wilson-esque situation where he wins the job before anyone thought he would. "It won’t be surprising if Ridder takes over [Marcus] Mariota’s starting job at some point this season," Kendall writes.

or

ESPN's Michael Rothstein believes Marcus Mariota is "far ahead" of rookie QB Desmond Ridder on the Falcons depth chart.​

Rothstein said a training camp or preseason injury would be the only way Ridder finds himself under center for Atlanta in Week 1. Mariota's familiarity with head coach Arthur Smith's offense has given him a distinct edge throughout OTAs and minicamp, Rothstein added (Mariota played under Smith in Tennessee). This report runs contrary to spring reporting that said Ridder was hot on Mariota's heels to nab the Week 1 starting job in Smith's offense. Look for Ridder to take over when the down-bad Falcons fall out of postseason contention in the second half of the season. In the meantime, Mariota's rushing ability offers some fantasy appeal in deeper leagues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back