Fantasy 2022 - OMEGA League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Another productive night of waivers for Manureid and Drd23, so many good players scooped up for $0 too.

An oversight that I and others hadnt thought of claiming them.

No oversights on my behalf thank you very much.

Ok but some real good acquisitions there. Shows theres still a lot of value in waivers still....maybe if i didnt max out my roster with UDFAs who wont make the 53 i couldve spotted them :(

yes good FA depth in this league coz keepers are less than most leagues with these roster sizes. Its nice.

yes good FA depth in this league coz keepers are less than most leagues with these roster sizes. Its nice.
Also i like the forcing of cuts down to 32 pre-draft. It helps a little with parity, talent-heavy teams having to let go of six players puts them back into the pool for weaker teams.

And with the roster limits too, you cant hoard as much, have to get rid of players from one position in order to have enough at other positions, but many focus on WR/RB so IDPs are always plentiful in FA.

Current 55 roster, having to cut down to 38 is gonna be hard too.

AmericanCrow's been telling us for months what a mediocre draft pick he was. Hybrid safety/LB type, not a real LB.

Isiah Simmons similar, started slow, still reckon he turn out to be a gun. AC just wants DePo picks to fail so he can say "I told you so"

Isiah Simmons similar, started slow, still reckon he turn out to be a gun. AC just wants DePo picks to fail so he can say "I told you so"
AC is a bit gung-ho there, but i kinda agree with him about JOK. Hes got talent but i prefer actual LBs who can also cover, rather than good coverage guys asked to be LBs. Theres like a natural/instinctual aspect to being a LB as well needing some physical weight and certain skills/techniques to shed blocks and deal with heavy OLmen and TEs.

Those 250+ pound MLBs who are specialized run stoppers are slowly phasing out of the NFL. Why i got rid of Bentley and Barnes. But theres a certain HWS thing still, say 6'0 230 with sideline to sideline speed, agility, athletic prowess for coverage but also that instinct for run stopping, shed blocking.

JOK is more of a SS build and instincts at 6'1 210-220

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've already got Delpit at SS, with good DB instincts. But if they move him to FS and JOkI to SS, have him play a hybrid Jamal Adams + regular coverage guy. That might get the most out of JOKs talent. He's a WLB right now, where hybrid SS/LB players tend to play. It doesnt always work out, those 6'2 220 lb players. Divibe Diablo, etc, they convert them to WLB but they dont usually turn out long term starters. Lack LB instincts, certain weight requirement and shed blocking skills to deal with heavier blockers. Especially now with a lot of teams employing motion and multiple pulling players on run plays. Its a pass heavy game, but the run game has become more difficult for LBs.

AC is a bit gung-ho there, but i kinda agree with him about JOK. Hes got talent but i prefer actual LBs who can also cover, rather than good coverage guys asked to be LBs. Theres like a natural/instinctual aspect to being a LB as well needing some physical weight and certain skills/techniques to shed blocks and deal with heavy OLmen and TEs.

Those 250+ pound MLBs who are specialized run stoppers are slowly phasing out of the NFL. Why i got rid of Bentley and Barnes. But theres a certain HWS thing still, say 6'0 230 with sideline to sideline speed, agility, athletic prowess for coverage but also that instinct for run stopping, shed blocking.

JOK is more of a SS build and instincts at 6'1 210-220

He should be playing ss its that simple.

Get the claim form out again G...

Westbrook-Ikhine is listed as a starter alongside Robert Woods on the Titans' unofficial posted depth chart, Jim Wyatt of the Team's official sitereports.
Next up are rookies Treylon Burks and Kyle Philips, with Burks -- as a 2022 first-rounder -- expected to see a key role in the Titans' offense this coming season, a notion reflected in his average fantasy draft position, which is well ahead of Westbrook-Ikhine's. That said, it's possible that the team eases Burks into the mix out of the gate to some degree, in which case Westbrook-Ikhine could carve out some deep league utility. Either way, Tennessee's snap counts at the wideout position in the team's season opener against the Giants will be worth tracking in order see to how involved Westbrook-Ikhine is in Week 1 relative to Burks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back