2022 Part II AFLW fixture revealed

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond

AFLW fixture revealed​

The AFL has today released the AFLW fixture for Season 7.

DIG016_AFLW-Fixture-Release_Article-Image.jpg

Richmond fans will benefit from an early run of Victorian games as part of the AFLW Season 7 fixture released today.

The Tigers will kick off their season with an away clash down the highway against the Cats on August 28, the venue of the Club’s historic first win in 2021.

Richmond has then been fixtured four matches at the Swinburne Centre in the next five rounds, as well as away clash against Essendon at Port Melbourne’s ETU Stadium.

The Bombers (Round 4) are one of two new expansion teams the Tigers will face this season, along with Hawthorn (Round 3). The match against will be held during the competition's Indigenous round as the first-ever AFLW Dreamtime clash.

Richmond will also play reigning premiers Adelaide in Round 2, the first time the two sides have clashed in their AFLW history.

Rounds 6 and 7 will see Richmond against fellow 2020 competition entrants Gold Coast and West Coast, with the Eagles, clash fixtured at Mineral Resources Park in Perth.

Round 8 will see the Tigers take on Carlton in the AFLW's annual Pride Round.

The Club will host GWS GIANTS in a home match in Mildura on October 23, building on an already rich history in the Sunraysia region.

Mildura has produced some of Richmond’s best players, including Dale Weightman, Matthew Knights, Mark Lee, and Courtney Wakefield.

Off the field, the Sunraysia region also holds great significance to the Club with Aligned Leisure and Richmond Institute businesses operating as part of the community and the Korin Gamadji Institute’s REAL Healthy Program engaging Indigenous youth in the area.

Richmond Season 7 AFLW Fixture:

Round 1:

Geelong vs Richmond
Sunday, Aug 28, 4:10pm
GMHBA Stadium
Channel Seven

Round 2:

Richmond vs Adelaide
Saturday, Sep 3, TBC
Swinburne Centre, Punt Road Oval
TBC

Round 3:

Richmond vs Hawthorn
Sunday, Sep 11, 4:10pm
Channel Seven

Round 4:

Essendon vs Richmond
Sunday, Sep 18, 2:10pm
ETU Stadium (Port Melbourne)
Fox Footy

Round 5:

Richmond vs Brisbane
Saturday, Sep 24, 11:10am
Channel Seven

Round 6:

Richmond vs Gold Coast
Saturday, Oct 1, 6:10pm
Swinburne Centre Punt Road Oval
Foxtel

Round 7:

Richmond vs West Coast
Friday, Oct 7, 5:10pm
Mineral Resources Park
Channel Seven

Round 8:

Richmond vs Carlton
Friday, Oct 14, 6:30pm
IKON Park
Channel 7

Round 9:

Richmond vs GWS GIANTS
Sunday, Oct 23, 3:10pm
Mildura Sporting Precinct
Channel Seven

Round 10:

North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroos vs Richmond
TBC

Adelaide, Brisbane and North. The top 2 teams in the comp plus North who flog us for fun. Plus trips to Shitslong and Perth. FMD they don't like us at all

I think our schedule is fairly balanced - never played Adelaide, so it's probably about time, play Brisbane but at home, player North but probably in Tas. They are the three hardest are they not?

We have GWS in Mildura - probably at our request. Carlton is another game of similar ilk.

We do Geelong in Geelong, West Coast in Perth (rather that than Freo) and GC at home.

And we have two of the four new Clubs in Hawks and Bombers.

You could argue we should win all but the hardest 3 - that would be seven wins - should comfortably be 5 and 5.

Seriously, how would you construct it any differently and still argue it was balanced? StKilda instead of carlton is about all :cool:

I think our schedule is fairly balanced - never played Adelaide, so it's probably about time, play Brisbane but at home, player North but probably in Tas. They are the three hardest are they not?

We have GWS in Mildura - probably at our request. Carlton is another game of similar ilk.

We do Geelong in Geelong, West Coast in Perth (rather that than Freo) and GC at home.

And we have two of the four new Clubs in Hawks and Bombers.

You could argue we should win all but the hardest 3 - that would be seven wins - should comfortably be 5 and 5.

Seriously, how would you construct it any differently and still argue it was balanced? StKilda instead of carlton is about all :cool:
If we got Sydney instead of GWS I would have been happier.

Agree fair enough we get Adelaide this year and would have liked West C at home given we played them away last season.

If we got Sydney instead of GWS I would have been happier.

Agree fair enough we get Adelaide this year and would have liked West C at home given we played them away last season.

So you would rather the tiges didn't travel at all then?????? (I'm guessing we play in Tas if you want to count that as travel so you could add that) It's not much in a national competition.

Not sure I like the fact that 4 of our first 6 is at Punt Road. Then nothing after October 1.

True, but it gives us chance to get some ladder pressure happening - could be 2 and 2, then 3 and 3........

Good to see the draw is finally out there. No Qld game this season as both Qld teams are at home. What do we now think for No. wins. It shouldn’t be too hard to beat our previous best of 3 for a season. 5 minimum? considering that we've retained our required players and staved off the expansion club's interest. Of those that did leave most were not established players and could have been in the delisted discussion if not taken by others. Stahl was an interesting retirement but I don’t think she was anything above a C or B grade player, occasional glimpses of real talent but not a great reader of the play and often a liability giving up free kicks. Having Yassir in the forward line counters Stahl retiring but with Bernadi also gone could we play Katelyn Cox as a small defensive/goal kicking forward? Sansonetti seemed to be a strange decision but TBH we have a number of defenders at her level or higher.

Grace Egan is streets ahead of any of the players who left in the off season, and a lock to be Mon's sidekick in the engine room, and although we moved back 12 places in the VIC draft to get Grace in, in having a player sliding back to a pick in the 20’s because a ACL injury, in Charley Ryan we will have another quality mid/forward on the list ready to join in 2023. Astute drafting for the future .

The rest of the ins we signed or drafted all appear to be developing players, with some nice traits, and will add to the previous season’s additions of developing players i.e Reid, Kiely, Lynch & MacDonald and will create competition for spots. We all know how developing players can work out don’t we Gabby Seymour!!! Would be nice out of this group to have a couple go the same way as Gabby and come on in leaps and bounds.

I’m bullish for this coming season, Bring it on!

Good to see the draw is finally out there. No Qld game this season as both Qld teams are at home. What do we now think for No. wins. It shouldn’t be too hard to beat our previous best of 3 for a season. 5 minimum? considering that we've retained our required players and staved off the expansion club's interest. Of those that did leave most were not established players and could have been in the delisted discussion if not taken by others. Stahl was an interesting retirement but I don’t think she was anything above a C or B grade player, occasional glimpses of real talent but not a great reader of the play and often a liability giving up free kicks. Having Yassir in the forward line counters Stahl retiring but with Bernadi also gone could we play Katelyn Cox as a small defensive/goal kicking forward? Sansonetti seemed to be a strange decision but TBH we have a number of defenders at her level or higher.

Grace Egan is streets ahead of any of the players who left in the off season, and a lock to be Mon's sidekick in the engine room, and although we moved back 12 places in the VIC draft to get Grace in, in having a player sliding back to a pick in the 20’s because a ACL injury, in Charley Ryan we will have another quality mid/forward on the list ready to join in 2023. Astute drafting for the future .

The rest of the ins we signed or drafted all appear to be developing players, with some nice traits, and will add to the previous season’s additions of developing players i.e Reid, Kiely, Lynch & MacDonald and will create competition for spots. We all know how developing players can work out don’t we Gabby Seymour!!! Would be nice out of this group to have a couple go the same way as Gabby and come on in leaps and bounds.

I’m bullish for this coming season, Bring it on!

Thanks for the update Kate and welcome to the forum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are Essendon again starting a team not in Essendon? VFA and early VFL they played in East Melbourne. And now the new AFLW team is playing in Port Melbourne? What’s wrong with Windy Hill?

It's a public park I think 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back