2nds 2022 Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

So Connor Blakely and Mitch Crowden got 28-30 disposals each at Peel and won't get a look in at the dockers

So Connor Blakely and Mitch Crowden got 28-30 disposals each at Peel and won't get a look in at the dockers
I watched the whole game, Blakey gets the ball heaps but butchers it. Crowden nails about 1 kick in 4 and coughed up some important balls, one which he kicked in the back 50:to a 1 on 3 which ended up a goal for SF

Still illness for Treacy apparently

Good to see that Hammer and Wilson are likely to be right next week though. Peel need to make finals in case we go deep in the seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's 3 weeks of WAFL to go so that takes the WAFL season into the 1st week of the AFL finals - the 2nd week if you're basing in on available players having played a game in the previous week.

There's only 10 points separation between 1st Placed West Perth and 6th Placed Swans.

Swans have the same points as Peel but have the toughest draw with Claremont, East Frem and Peel in their final 3 games.

South Frem are half a game ahead of Peel but have matches against teams outside the top 5 and should really win all 3.

East Fremantle - one game and 4% ahead of Peel on the ladder have Swans, Claremont and E. Perth to play.

Peel have Claremont, West Coast and Swans. If Peel can beat 2nd placed Claremont at the Showgrounds this weekend, they'll be one game behind them with a better percentage and 2 rounds remaining.

Claremont have East Fremantle and West Coast in their final two games.

Web capture_14-8-2022_225015_wafl.com.au.jpeg

Surely Sturt and Western are getting new contracts, on rookie list even. Be silly to delist young forwards when it’s an area of significant need. Western especially for Walters

Our forward line was a weakness at the start of the year and Fyfe, Lobb, Taberner, Switkowski and Amiss have all had issues through the season and Sturt and Western haven't ben picked in the 23. I think they're gone.

A bit like Hugh Dixon in the past, we needed forwards but the club decided he wasn't up to it.

Surely Sturt and Western are getting new contracts, on rookie list even. Be silly to delist young forwards when it’s an area of significant need. Western especially for Walters

I'm not sure Western is a forward. If we can get a forward that even slightly projects as an AFL player with his list spot we go for it. Western has a long, long way to go to being an AFL player imo, let alone dreaming of him being a replacement for Walters.

I watched the whole game, Blakey gets the ball heaps but butchers it. Crowden nails about 1 kick in 4 and coughed up some important balls, one which he kicked in the back 50:to a 1 on 3 which ended up a goal for SF

We must be watching different games because on a shitty weather day both Blakely and Crowdens delivery was good. Blakelys short passes into the forward half were excellent.
Blakely is much maligned on here . His so called personal life gaffe is colouring what he does on the footy field. He will be picked up by another club and excel.
He is another Brodie waiting to happen.

We must be watching different games because on a shitty weather day both Blakely and Crowdens delivery was good. Blakelys short passes into the forward half were excellent.
Blakely is much maligned on here . His so called personal life gaffe is colouring what he does on the footy field. He will be picked up by another club and excel.
He is another Brodie waiting to happen.
Nah, Brodie’s issue was his tank. Disposal much better, especially in close. Blakely has butchered it constantly at AFL level as there is much less time to get it right than WAFL. I can’t see many teams giving him another chance.

Blakely is not going to be picked up by someone else. He is pretty good WAFL inside mid. Currently he is equal 12th for average disposals in the WAFL behind such giants of the game as Blaine Boekhorst and Hamish Brayshaw.

I liked Blakey as a player, he had the talent to be an AFL inside mid but maybe not the drive, even putting aside his kicking issues. Also I don't think he has the body for it. He's 26 and he's already moving like late Haselby: The sinews just can't take it. He's a ghost of the player that dominated the 2016 WAFL GF agility wise.

Nah, Brodie’s issue was his tank. Disposal much better, especially in close. Blakely has butchered it constantly at AFL level as there is much less time to get it right than WAFL. I can’t see many teams giving him another chance.

Brodie had a knock on poor disposal as well as his tank.
Blakely constantly gets a bum rap, his disposal for Peel has been fine.

Connor Blakely will already have offers to play next season - at Subiaco, Swan Districts..

The biggest difference between Blakely and Brodie is that Will started this season as a 23 year old and Connor will start his first season at a new AFL club as a 28 year old.

I hope a club offer him $600,000 x 1 then $400,000 x2 for a total of three years and $1,400,000. He is a free agent, that will get us a second or third round pick.

Tucker is a better player than both of them. Slays it at WAFL, gets a call-up, does a few nice things but is largely missing or too slow with decision making, often coughing up the ball. He, Blakely and Crowden are all good-to-great WAFL players but not good enough for AFL. IMO.

Tucker is a better player than both of them. Slays it at WAFL, gets a call-up, does a few nice things but is largely missing or too slow with decision making, often coughing up the ball. He, Blakely and Crowden are all good-to-great WAFL players but not good enough for AFL. IMO.
They're all reasonable depth, none of those bother me much if they're player 21/22 in the team, they could play a role.

Problem is they're at the bottom of the depth pile, we are obligated to draft some new players and regardless we have list holes to fill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back