2nds 2022 Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

Henry has been infuriating to watch these finals. Horrific combination of trying to stay cool under pressure but just coming across as lazy. I dont even know if a rocket is what he needs but he looks completely and utterly lost.

Hughes is a decent player when played in position. Maybe he doesn't have the tank to run on the wing. If they not going play him in defense, wouldn't mind see how he goes in the forward line

Peel AFL players look to have more in the tank. Starting to get more involved. Too little too late but makes the last quarter interesting.
Erasmus looks ready for the next level, great development year.
Wilson needs to come back into the 1’s.
Worner looks really handy.
Johnson starting to find his timing. Great poise.

Not sure what’s happening with Henry. I’ve been bullish but he’s looking terrible at this point. Lost the plot.

I'm not going to defend Henry but he played in Zac Strong last week and Mountford this week. Don't think he is at that level on the wing yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Tigers far too good unfortunately but the Falcons will fix them up if they go any further.

Peel just didn't have anywhere enough winners on the day. Claremont did a great job of restricting Blakely so it was left to Raz, Crowden and Matthews in the middle. And they weren't good enough. The wings of Hughes and Henry were slaughtered! Johnson had a quiet one after a long injury interrupted season.
They cut Anderson out of the game so Peel didn't get any of his usual run and line breaking, and whilst the forwards didn't get to see much of it, when they did they were beaten on almost all occasions. Bell, Barnes, Western, Middleton were all quiet. Treacy showed a bit but played a lone hand.

The umpiring was a poor standard - push in the back in general play seems to have disappeared from the rulebook.

From a Freo perspective, Raz, Worner, Treacy, Crowden and Wilson were ok. I'm really, really looking forward to seeing Raz, Worner and Johnson next year - they all show wonderful signs!

Last edited:
I've been optimistic but Henry really is starting to look more likely to be a bust than not.

Just jogs around half-heartedly, but unlike some other soft players who make up for it with their disposal, he messes up with the ball more often than not too.

I'm also one who gets a bit of a figjam vibe from him - or at least it feels like he thinks he's better than he is. That stunt from his manager probably doesn't help in that regard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back